Buffalo Bills Week 4 -- Buffalo (3-0) vs Baltimore (1-2) Sun 09/29 · 8:20 PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Eh last year Bernard was 4th in the league in missed tackles and had a great year. I can't find this year's stats except behind PFF paywall (if anyone can share).

I imagine missed tackle rate and tackle rate correlate tightly. If you have a nose for the ball and play certain positions, you're going to rack up tackles and missed tackles. Sure some are better than others, but it's mostly an opportunity stat.

I'm a Lewis defender. I can't think of many plays he's disappointed on and can think of a bunch where he made a key stop. Reputation-wise, he's still unfairly paying for the Justin Jefferson play.
Implies you are the one to sniff out the play and are the first man trying to tackle. Sometimes these angles aren't going to be perfect, sometimes the tackle is difficult, and you can only wrap them up or slow them down. Lots of players are great at getting by that first man in for the tackle. The missed tackles are partially because he is playing so well. Slowing someone down is a missed tackle but is all you can do in the situation too.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Don't we have like, 6-7 picks in the first 4 rounds next draft?

Taken from earlier in the thread:

1st - BUF
2nd - MIN
2nd - BUF
3rd - BUF
4th - BUF
4th - CHI
4th - Comp (Gabe Davis)
5th - Comp (Leonard Floyd)
6th - NYG
6th - BUF

There may be some question on the Floyd comp pick.

Reactions: Kupo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone think Allen's UCL injury may have had a bigger impact than we may have thought? I remember reading during this past offseason that he was happy to be able to do some type of throwing training he wasn't able to do the past two off-seasons due to injuries to his throwing arm. I'm wondering if that's helping at all because his accuracy has been incredible this season.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The Bills have not played a single down this season with 3 LBs on the field.

It has been 70%+ nickel and the rest of the time it has been the dime package like last year when they took the WLB off the field for a DB.

Cam Lewis leads the Bills D in missed tackles this season. If he doesn't have a strong tackling game, that might lead them to have to replace him with a LB against heavy sets. The challenge becomes who do they trust in that spot with TB & Milano out and their LB depth already being tested.
I haven't been worried about Lewis but if the staff is, they could probably slide Rapp down and Edwards back at safety. Every Rapp tackle is attempted murder

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I haven't been worried about Lewis but if the staff is, they could probably slide Rapp down and Edwards back at safety. Every Rapp tackle is attempted murder
I wonder how many of those missed tackles came in game 1 against the Cards. I remember thinking that we were doing a poor job in the first half (maybe even posted such?). Being a general pillar of McD's defenses, we may be able to chalk it up to lack of preseason conditioning and something they've cleaned up, including Lewis.

Reactions: Dingo44

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Anyone got recs for a fantasy football defense to stream this week?

I currently have the Raiders vs CLE, but with Crosby and some of their other dudes being out, plus having an anemic offense, I worry the Browns will get enough possessions to put up 17-20 points even with their own offensive issues.

Other options:
TEN or MIA—same question as above, do their offenses struggle so badly that the other team gets points through short fields or turnovers?
HOU—the Jags have generally been a mess
MIN—they’ve made life miserable for every QB they’ve faced, but LaFleur has been calling great games so far for Willis

Scoring is bog standard Yahoo rules

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I currently have the Raiders vs CLE, but with Crosby and some of their other dudes being out, plus having an anemic offense, I worry the Browns will get enough possessions to put up 17-20 points even with their own offensive issues.

Other options:
TEN or MIA—same question as above, do their offenses struggle so badly that the other team gets points through short fields or turnovers?
MIN—they’ve made life miserable for every QB they’ve faced, but LaFleur has been calling great games so far for Willis

I'd go with either Miami or Houston, leaning Houston. Jax has been a mess and the Texans are going to be pissed off.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
If you are referring to the 2020 playoff win, the Ravens did lead the NFL in rushing that year.

But, it's not the same as what they are doing this year:

View attachment 909304

View attachment 909307

I won't put anything past McD, Babich, and the players they have on D. But, this is a different puzzle to solve than that team was.

Each week is exactly what you say, a different
puzzle.

Even if we were playing in a virtual madden world, the following would be relevant..

Each week , in prime time , an O coordinater gets to attempt to expose McD systems which got younger and tougher but has lost a half a second in intuitive communication exhibited by the departed vets.

Each week that shorthand gets better as seen by progress of next man line backing unit which is being directly covered by the intimate knowledge of our weaknesses by our new D coordinator Babich.

Each week a new coach and coordinator gets to prove genius by stopping Josh and our line where nobody has allowed their offense to pull away by more than six points over 40 plus games in a row.

Whoever shuts josh down gets a million dollar head coaching career. So every opponent from coach to player is out for blood. It's been true for past four years. .

Extra ny post.

I have to laugh seeing the latest Dhop coveting as the buffalo fans aren't satisfied w our girlfriends and are looking to trade up and out after going 3 and 0 and without looking. Does team play , group chemistry and unselfish group enthusiasm mean nothing to the youth these days in building a team regarding intangibles.

. Ill look. Hold on ....We have best point diff in afc , looks like new orleans has best start. Pitt the best D and Minnesota w the best start w a tougher schedule . The jets seem on track w the latest older qb being underrated and as long as they win his personality quirks and ability to distance himself, will be overlooked .

If jests keep winning Key component Aaron may make thembelieve they can beat anyone or if two groups will make them believe the O won't screw them against anyone . The ravens, texans and jets all get to take the mid season wwe/nfl/madden belt if they defeat the buffalo bills.

Reactions: Dingo44

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I see the giants sb D game plan Sunday night. We can still win if we only have 20 min of possession.
We hold them. to field goals.
We sack and contain Jackson similar to cardinal game.
We convert on our red zone

Thats if. Ravens play perfect. I suspect that may not happen , but it might.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Weather today in Baltimore looks good. Just humid. 8-9 mph wind.

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 6.15.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 6.16.03 AM.png

1727615658587.png

1727615680211.png

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Other options:

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
IDK, I have a bad feeling about tonight. I have a feeling Derrick Henry is going to run all over them. I could see Jackson hurting them with his legs too. I'm gonna say they lose by a field goal 24-21.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
What a weird early slate of games.

Broncos/Jets is worse than some of our drought games, Bo Nix is horrendous. Jets got one first down from penalty, kicked a FG, and it feels like the game is already over.
Eagles looking like frauds again.
Steelers getting demoloished, Richardson hurt means an improvement to Flacco at QB for the Colts. Colts "vaunted" rush defense and the Steelers can't take advantage.
Jaguars are...competitive?
Darnold is real?

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Just awful game so far between the Jets and the Broncos. Neither offense can do a thing. Jets up 3-0, but only because a fumble gave them the ball in FG range, then a penalty in the end-zone moved it up to the 1. Denver held them out of the end zone, and they kicked the FG.

E: Denver just got their first first down of the game.

Reactions: misterchainsaw

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Taken from earlier in the thread:

1st - BUF
2nd - MIN
2nd - BUF
3rd - BUF
4th - BUF
4th - CHI
4th - Comp (Gabe Davis)
5th - Comp (Leonard Floyd)
6th - NYG
6th - BUF

There may be some question on the Floyd comp pick.
That Minnesota pick looking like it will be at/near the bottom of the 2nd. Many thought the opposite.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
That Minnesota pick looking like it will be at/near the bottom of the 2nd. Many thought the opposite.
The one upside to the Vikings being better than expected? Their 17th game is against the Jets (we get the Lions).

The "other" receiver we "let someone get" (Xavier Legette) just scored for Carolina against Cincinnati, tied game there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad