Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Since this game is on Amazon Prime, I'll have to share this photo: View attachment 906378

Met Fitzy in Vegas at the Amazon Prime Hospitality "Suite" at the Aria the night before the super bowl.

He assured me that I could boo Tom Brady when he spoke the next day (I did not, as the guy who got my tickets asked me not to). But he was 100% on board with the booing. He also said this would be a transitional year for the Bills. We also talked about his massive family and how he's glad he isn't moving around anymore.
He just comes across as being what we Kiwis and Aussies would call a GC. So cool you got to meet him.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I know it would have seemed biased to a casual observer having both Rousseau and Allen as AFC Players of the Week, but Joe Mixon is just an indefensible choice. Would have been more justified naming Allen and TJ Watt, if you wanted to avoid naming teammates.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I know it would have seemed biased to a casual observer having both Rousseau and Allen as AFC Players of the Week, but Joe Mixon is just an indefensible choice. Would have been more justified naming Allen and TJ Watt, if you wanted to avoid naming teammates.

TJ is a defensive player, but I get what you're saying in that regard.

Mixon looked pretty great and while Allen was obviously more impactful, I'm sure the strip sack was what held him back.

He just comes across as being what we Kiwis and Aussies would call a GC. So cool you got to meet him.
I wish we had any semblance of a defense from like 2010-2012. Marrone and Schwartz came right after Fitz was there and if they had combined, it's probably a WC team.

Fitz had limitations, but he was refreshing because he'd take chances that would make Trent Edwards wet his pants.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Interesting video on the construction boom of new stadia in the US and how taxpayers mostly pay for it, feat. the new Bills stadium.

Even more perplexing, given how mediocre/low the architectural quality of those buildings generally tends to be, with the new Ralph being a prime example, including the reduced seating capacity for non-VIP fans.

At that's not even beginning to take into account the ecological/climate change repercussions of those projects (demolition + new construction is an enormous culprit regarding CO2 emissions).

Edit: Not to be controversial but in re-reading this, the new Bills stadium is just an almost perfect metaphor:

Taxpayers like you and me, many of whom can barely pay their own bills (no pun intended) are asked to finance a shiny new toy for a billionaire to make even more money with, while they themselves will barely benefit and those who do, in even fewer numbers (fewer seats), nor do they get to take part in the profits, and the whole thing is extremely detrimental to the environment:

Voilà, late-stage-capitalism in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Joe & Kyle previewing Bills-Dolphins is always good.

Joe seems like...
A) The perfect guy for this job
B) All but guaranteed to get scooped up to he a head coach somewhere as soon as maybe next season

It is waaaaay too soon to tell with B.

Look how long it took Daboll to get a head coaching job. And that took a former Bills FO person getting the Giants GM job to happen, too.

One challenge for Brady will be that the McD coaching tree isn't strong and Daboll hasn't been great in NY.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

Joe & Kyle previewing Bills-Dolphins is always good.

It is waaaaay too soon to tell with B.

Look how long it took Daboll to get a head coaching job. And that took a former Bills FO person getting the Giants GM job to happen, too.

One challenge for Brady will be that the McD coaching tree isn't strong and Daboll hasn't been great in NY.

Different personalities. Daboll can be abrasive. Joe has the kind of personality GMs would kill for. I'm not saying he's ready to be a head coach, I just think he has the kind of qualities that get you that job.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022

---

very nice breakdown of Coleman here by Orlovsky and Hawkins
He looks good on those routes. Getting himself in positions to make a catch. They are bringing up mostly minor issues to work on. He tried to outrun the corner on the go route and didn't have the speed though.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Different personalities. Daboll can be abrasive. Joe has the kind of personality GMs would kill for. I'm not saying he's ready to be a head coach, I just think he has the kind of qualities that get you that job.
Only time will tell.

But, even with all the success the Bills have had, they have not had as much coaching and FO talent getting poached as people fear.

Maybe Brady & Babich change that. But, maybe it takes some time, as well.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Interior pressure is gonna be big with Johnson out. Hopefully Ed and DaQuan can get pushes inside and/or get their hands up to either bat down or tip up passes or force Tua to double clutch and reset instead of firing the second he hits the top of his drop. Groot and Epenesa are also good at getting their arms in passing lanes on outside stuff, and Rousseau replicating the pressure he got on Murray, but on Tua's blindside, would create a lot of problems.

On offense, kind of expecting another run heavy game. I'll take a win any way it arrives, but it would be especially sweet to see at least one of the following:
Any of the Bills WRs or Kincaid/Knox dunk on Poyer in the end zone or torch him deep
Allen snatches his ankles with a juke in the open field for a big gain on one of those up the middle scrambles out of shotgun

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I agree with Eric here -- Wilkins is a darned good player, but I do think that his antics just got Josh into the game more. We've ALL seen that if Josh takes a big hit or something, he just goes beast mode for a while. Wilkins I think brought that out even more.

Let's see what happens tonight. Not saying Josh is going to have a poor game, but without Wilkins antagonizing him......

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1726153090337.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel worried heading into this one - however, in Allen we trust!
Miami has played us tough the past few games outside of week 4 last year. It's a 50/50 game, imo. If the pass rush is potent, then we're cruising to victory because Tua is not the guy to evade pressure and make plays on the run. McD has also done a great job against Tua.

The Dolphins defense is weaker this year, and I believe Brady would love to exploit their rush defense early to open things up for Allen. If I'm a betting man, I'm putting my money on Buffalo, but it's weeks two against a solid divisional foe, so it could easily go the other way.

Reactions: 12ozPapa

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel worried heading into this one - however, in Allen we trust!
Same.

The WGR morning show was embarrassingly dismissive of Miami and the threat they pose. We've handled them in years past, and McDermott and Josh are the foundation of that, but we eeked out a couple of those wins and this isn't the same Bills team (yet).

I think Groot is going to come up huge. Not so much as a rusher, but as a space-eating edge setter against Miami's wide speed game. Also hoping the he tips a Tua duck for an INT.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad