Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
It sad that a average starting RT makes 3.5m more aav than the highest player in the NHL
NHL players being the lower class of athletes is mostly because it’s just not a popular sport (niche draw, high cost to play, etc) and partly because the NHL has always been inept at marketing itself.

Less revenue = less money to go around.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
NHL players being the lower class of athletes is mostly because it’s just not a popular sport (niche draw, high cost to play, etc) and partly because the NHL has always been inept at marketing itself.

I dont think the idea it's a niche world wide. Soccer is at top. In terms of potential the nhl could have a large potential market in the world
It sad that a average starting RT makes 3.5m more aav than the highest player in the NHL

It has to do with TV money

NHL gets around $1B a year.
NBA signed a contract for $7B a year.
NFL is above $10B a year.

In the nfl the salary cap per team is amt is below the tv contract piece per team is which is why nfl could play on during covid.

NHL teams get about $32M per team in tv revenue. They need local tv revenue and ticket sales

In terms of game tickets....

Nhl has 82x capacity vs 17x capacity over 2 yrs. NFL stadiums are usually under 5 times the arena capacity. Nhl can have more raw ticket sales.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I think one minor nitpick you could have of Brady is that he could have gotten away from the run and countered a little quicker after Arizona seemed to make their adjustments in the 2nd half.

On the other hand, at that point the Bills had the lead and were clearly still successful even after failed runs on first down because Arizona still had to commit to it.

I also think they could have thrown a little more often down in the red zone when defenses naturally get more condensed (such as the bubble screen to Shakir...but also drop back conventionally at times)

Last edited:

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

I dont think the idea it's a niche world wide. Soccer is at top. In terms of potential the nhl could have a large potential market in the world

It has to do with TV money

NHL gets around $1B a year.
NBA signed a contract for $7B a year.
NFL is above $10B a year.

In the nfl the salary cap per team is amt is below the tv contract piece per team is which is why nfl could play on during covid.

NHL teams get about $32M per team in tv revenue. They need local tv revenue and ticket sales

In terms of game tickets....

Nhl has 82x capacity vs 17x capacity over 2 yrs. NFL stadiums are usually under 5 times the arena capacity. Nhl can have more raw ticket sales.

I'm well aware of all the reasons..... it's just sad that the difference exists

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
He was, until he wasn't.

Brady needs to learn when to make adjusts in-game when the DC has made adjustments.
What game were you watching? The offense did literally whatever it wanted. This game is like 38-14 if not for a strip sack and a bad personal foul call.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
What game were you watching? The offense did literally whatever it wanted. This game is like 38-14 if not for a strip sack and a bad personal foul call.
They were in long down and distance quite a bit in the 2nd half. Partially because of penalties, but also partially because Arizona did make an adjustment and had some TFL's on 1st down running plays. For as well as they ran at times, especially early, the backs ended up under 4 YPC as a whole.

They converted a lot of those long down and distances because Arizona is a bad defense, but that's not a recipe for success when they play the better teams on their schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zman5778

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
@TageGod

Here is what the James Cook carries on 1st & 10 looked like:

-Halftime-

That stretch of 5 out of 6 ineffective James Cook runs on 1st & 10 was tough.

We scored 34 points and ran the ball well.

And Brady showed he could make adjustments last season when he took over as OC and we went on that long winning streak.
They ran the ball much less effectively in the second half as opposed to the first half.

I realize that they were two plays (Torrence facemask PF & the Josh Allen turndown of Samuel and then the strip sack in the RZ) away from putting up 41-45 points.

That doesn't mean that Brady or Allen were perfect, either.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

NYfan

Posted 3 minutes ago
19 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:
Is anyone else haunted by the thought that Diggs dropped that deep ball on purpose?

I am
:(
Not just that one. I thought the gamblers may have had Diggs. Obvious

Let's not be mean to stefon diggs, leave that to his many women. I appreciate Diggs. I do not believe he purposely missed that pass Or early game fumble, no more than I blame any of the unique gaffes the past three years on current star players.

We were just that good.

And used to be easily manipulated in big moments.

How , it is masonic game, look up the wef scumbag guy boasts we are hackable animals. Voice to skull has been real remotely for 30 to 50 years. So , to fook w what we see? Two footballs? None ? Remember the pikachu game. 2016. Enhanced reality.Add in , Slight remote body manipulation targeted from a distance.

A lot harder to do w someone awake to it and running the ball in instead of trusting his eyes.

My point. Stefon Diggs was a great competitor also involved in the mineapolis miracle which i call great new orleans cb tackles wrong stefon diggs. See 4 ur self.

Be kind to stefon , he mainly gave his all during the ganes and his talent and toughness in practice helped our team now from shakir to cb s . Let's all be the kind ex team and still appreciate his effect kindly thru subtraction. He did have one of the most yds ever for the bills and taught this group to compete every day for each other. Invaluable.

Thanks Diggs!

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Big stretch of 5 games coming up. If they can get 3 of them they'll be in good shape, and it happens that the two divisional road games are probably among the 3 "easier" games among the 5....but they're all conference so they'll all have potential tiebreaker implications.

This run of 5 games and the 4 game KC, SF, at LAR, at DET stretch are just brutal scheduling.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Big stretch of 5 games coming up. If they can get 3 of them they'll be in good shape, and it happens that the two divisional road games are probably among the 3 "easier" games among the 5....but they're all conference so they'll all have potential tiebreaker implications.

This run of 5 games and the 4 game KC, SF, at LAR, at DET stretch are just brutal scheduling.
Prior to the Milano injury I had them winning around 13 games. After the Milano injury, I had a bad feeling about the defense without Milano and their ability to stay healthy, so I altered my prediction to 11 wins. I think they'll hit anywhere from 9-13 wins. If Allen turns the ball over a lot, and the defense isn't a top-10 unit- then this may be a tough year. If Allen can limit the turnovers, then they should be a wildcard team. If Allen has an MVP type year, then we Gucci. But yeah, that schedule is brutal. Such is life for a team that has been very good the past 5 years or so.

@TageGod

Here is what the James Cook carries on 1st & 10 looked like:

-Halftime-

That stretch of 5 out of 6 ineffective James Cook runs on 1st & 10 was tough.

They ran the ball much less effectively in the second half as opposed to the first half.

I realize that they were two plays (Torrence facemask PF & the Josh Allen turndown of Samuel and then the strip sack in the RZ) away from putting up 41-45 points.

That doesn't mean that Brady or Allen were perfect, either.
Hard to argue with that data. My only counterpoint would be- sticking with the running game probably opened the passing game/PA game. But, I'm in favor of reeling in the 1st down runs if they're not producing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad