Value of: Weegar

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Why are they so eager to trade him?

Theres definitely something behind the scenes.
We aren’t: the own legitimate rumor that I’ve heard reported from the usual Florida sources is that we would trade him if we got Schmidt and that was speculation.

we don’t want to trade him; the bigger question is why aren’t we moving to a long term deal and that might be due to injury concern

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
We aren’t: the own legitimate rumor that I’ve heard reported from the usual Florida sources is that we would trade him if we got Schmidt and that was speculation.

we don’t want to trade him; the bigger question is why aren’t we moving to a long term deal and that might be due to injury concern
Mckenzie, Friedman and Johnston have all said they're looking to move him. This was before we really knew Schmidt was available.

Interesting for sure...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Mckenzie, Friedman and Johnston have all said they're looking to move him. This was before we really knew Schmidt was available.

Interesting for sure...
Yeah: to avoid a long chat, Florida fans don’t necessarily view them as informed about our team. They’ve gotten a lot wrong this year about an internal cap, Ekblad and which players we are interested in during UFA. Heck Zito even came out and addressed part of it during UFA.

The sense we get is that Zito is willing to listen which is interpreted as being needed to trade.

I understand that they’re the patron of Saints of Canadian hockey media but it doesn’t appear as if they have reliable sources with us (or even Columbus where Zito came from)

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yeah: to avoid a long chat, Florida fans don’t necessarily view them as informed about our team. They’ve gotten a lot wrong this year about an internal cap, Ekblad and which players we are interested in during UFA. Heck Zito even came out and addressed part of it during UFA.

The sense we get is that Zito is willing to listen which is interpreted as being needed to trade.

I understand that they’re the patron of Saints of Canadian hockey media but it doesn’t appear as if they have reliable sources with us (or even Columbus where Zito came from)
They have reliable sources all over the league, but sure.

We shall see what the Panthers do.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

you do realize that if they were talking trade
With other teams.

the source could be ..... other teams?

Chris Johnston just reported that there was a trade In the works with Toronto and Florida regarding weegar.

even if he knows nothing about Florida. He sure does about Toronto.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
They have reliable sources all over the league, but sure.

We shall see what the Panthers do.
I mean I get the argument but it’s something that’s been problematic: both Friedman and Johnson spread the rumor that we were going to cut team’s salary to 10 million below the cap, when clearly we are a cap team. What was actually communicated? The owners wanted us to make good value signings.

My best guess is that we are open to offers and upgrading him if it makes the team better, and the TSN guys are hearing the offers from the other side. The only non-tradable might be Barkov

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
you do realize that if they were talking trade
With other teams.

the source could be ..... other teams?

Chris Johnston just reported that there was a trade In the works with Toronto and Florida regarding weegar.

even if he knows nothing about Florida. He sure does about Toronto.
That’s what I mean though: we don’t know what Florida’s intentions are. Do we want to trade Weegar for some malicious reason or do we want to improve the team? What I vehemently oppose is assume that Weegar must be traded or will be traded in a move that doesn’t maximize team value hha

my guess is that every trade discussed was contingent on us signing or trading for a better number 2

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That’s what I mean though: we don’t know what Florida’s intentions are. Do we want to trade Weegar for some malicious reason or do we want to improve the team? What I vehemently oppose is assume that Weegar must be traded or will be traded in a move that doesn’t maximize team value hha

my guess is that every trade discussed was contingent on us signing or trading for a better number 2

im not sure what they are asking for. They also just flat out might not be comfortable with the arb ask?

I really don’t know. I just know that multiple parties who have contacts with the leafs were clearly saying. They were discussing a trade.

they also don’t know if that has changed with brodie signing

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
im not sure what they are asking for. They also just flat out might not be comfortable with the arb ask?

I really don’t know. I just know that multiple parties who have contacts with the leafs were clearly saying. They were discussing a trade.

they also don’t know if that has changed with brodie signing
Sure: I mean, based on what we know, the Schmidt trade was in the background so Florida’s reasoning is Schmidt+draft picks from Toronto>Weegar at 3-4M (or whoever we would have signed)

Edit: but my point stands the notion is improving Florida.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Sure: I mean, based on what we know, the Schmidt trade was in the background so Florida’s reasoning is Schmidt+draft picks from Toronto>Weegar at 3-4M (or whoever we would have signed)

Edit: but my point stands the notion is improving Florida.

agreed. I think both teams would absolutely been down for that.

damn Vancouver

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
agreed. I think both teams would absolutely been down for that.

damn Vancouver
Eh probably broke down with Weegar to Toronto trade. My guess is Florida wanted more value or Toronto wanted more cash going back to Florida.

But the thing here is that we don’t necessarily want to move Weegar, but instead want to upgrade our 2D and recognize that we can’t trade Stralman or Yandle in this market. That’s the critique I was trying to make :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad