Website Design, need opinions

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
omg are you my boss, wants everything "above the fold" we don't have a limit on scrolls just sometimes there's too much stuff

ad61735ffbc0.jpg

Dog

literally came off redesigning a huge part of our sales engine and website and made them beautiful (around June) and now it's really ugly cause we had to get rid of all the padding and margins because we couldn't fit everything high enough... uhg

I think some scrolling is fine. But the website OP made, you have to scroll for a very long time.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
one other thing breh

too much animation... one of the ux principles I remember learning about is that if the animation is extremely noticeable it's too much and too distracting... every section is flying in from the side and moving down... honestly the only animation you should have on there is the parallax on the banner... don't distract your users from your content

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
one other thing breh

too much animation... one of the ux principles I remember learning about is that if the animation is extremely noticeable it's too much and too distracting... every section is flying in from the side and moving down... honestly the only animation you should have on there is the parallax on the banner... don't distract your users from your content

Noted! I'll make the changes when I get home from work

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
it's a nice start for sure. I assume you're more of a designer than a developer or other way around? If you're a designer try come up with some stuff that can make it unique and less "template" like

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
omg are you my boss, wants everything "above the fold" we don't have a limit on scrolls just sometimes there's too much stuff

just think about the amount of ppl who will use the website and not intuitively scroll down on the homepage

then look at all the information that's on the homepage that u need to scroll thru

~no thanks~

the animation stuff is annoying too

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Someone above already said this, but you definitely need to justify the content texts.

Also, on the content pages, you should auto-scrolldown to the relevant main content part. Because right now the user gets the impression that something's wrong with the site, 'cause they keep seeing the big ass background image like nothing's changed after they clicked a button.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00