Post-Game Talk: We didn't go up in Flames! (Beat Calagry: 2-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The situation is a little different when a top 10 goalie loses his starting job to another. Loungo was nothing but professional for a long time, he knows the business. You just flat out cannot tell a goalie that he is no longer in the plans and then put him on the bench indefinitely. No matter how loyal and how professional he is, dude wants to play.

He got the majority of the starts every season...

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
This is surprising but seems to be true. After people worried themselves about about the Jensen callup, Torts gave him 16:18 of ice time last time. I know it's a depleted lineup but Torts still could have easily buried him in the bottom 6.

Torts is going to work well with young players. Young players will work as hard as humanly possible to make the league and punch their security ticket.

The trick to coaching today's game, is getting players who make over five million a year to block shots with their teeth, and challenge huge psycho defense men for scoring position...

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
ib1sbUBOHhf3W3.gif

When did Ehrhoff become a goalie?

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Honest question I didn't really see the game.. Mostly the boxscore... I saw we were outshot... Did we deserve to win or lose this game?

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Honest question I didn't really see the game.. Mostly the boxscore... I saw we were outshot... Did we deserve to win or lose this game?

It was a close game. The Canucks had a ton of shots blocked or miss the net (pretty much the usual). Lack played really well other than the one weak one.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I'm sorry but that's laughable. Are the Canucks the only team in the league to have bad luck?? Gillis's excuse about last year being a "weird year" is absurd. It's almost as if people are actually drinking the "only the Canucks had to deal with the lockout; only the Canucks had to deal with the decreasing cap; only the Canucks had to deal with injuries" Kool-Aid. It's ridiculous.

Your second point is funny. Yes I've been saying the Canucks are in a decline every year.

10-11: 117 points
11-12: 111 points
2013 (pace): 101 points
13-14 (pace): 84 points

Hmm...looks to me like they've been declining.

Sorry I meant best gm in the Canucks' history. I agree hes not the best GM in the league :laugh:

I think he has had some back luck with the Luongo contract considering the new CBA, and then with the unexpected rapid drop off from all our players. He has mistakes, but he's also had lots of successes and over weigh the negatives and I'm not eager to return to the ways of Burke and Nonis like general managers.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sorry I meant best gm in the Canucks' history. I agree hes not the best GM in the league :laugh:

I think he has had some back luck with the Luongo contract considering the new CBA, and then with the unexpected rapid drop off from all our players. He has mistakes, but he's also had lots of successes and over weigh the negatives and I'm not eager to return to the ways of Burke and Nonis like general managers.

He hasn't had many successes since pre-2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad