Post-Game Talk: We didn't go up in Flames! (Beat Calagry: 2-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Defeatist*

I don't think he requested a trade. My personal guess is that the team came to him and suggested it based on the team's play and the realization that they need to retool big time. They might as well send him out and get something back for most valuable player before it's too late.

I don't believe the canucks went to kesler first. Gillis has said numerous times that he would NEVER and I mean NEVER go to a player with a NTC asking to move them because he thinks it's dishonest to give someone an NTC only to ask them to waive it later. Player has to come to him first before he would consider moving him.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
LickTheEnvelope said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfred Dramatad View Post
If you are seriously cheering for your favorite team to lose because you think it gives them a 5% better chance of getting a player with a 15% chance of becoming a regular NHLer instead of a player with a 12% chance of becoming a regular NHLer then I really don't know what to say to you.

Well, I do, but I already got one infraction from this thread and don't need another.
? you mean 44%?
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/4/4/...ue-first-round

Quote:
However, we might be able to find a general manager who possesses a top ten pick and is willing to deal. From the above table, the historical odds of drafting a top player from slots 4-13 are 44.5%. Even if we were only able to trade for a player in the 8-13 grouping, the historical odds are 41.2%
And that's a 'top' player, not just an NHL regular...

The example in the article is that the odds of drafting a 'top' nhl player @ spot 7 are about 10% higher than all a team's other picks in the same draft combined.

What are you talking about? We are not talking about going from no first round pick to drafting 8th. The he lumps 8-13 together is amusing given the spots we were tossing around. Exactly, monsieur. Exact the pup. And the scorebag too.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
What are you talking about? We are not talking about going from no first round pick to drafting 8th. The he lumps 8-13 together is amusing given the spots we were tossing around. Exactly, monsieur. Exact the pup. And the scorebag too.

It's not like it's the beginning of the season here. We're in the stretch run of a completely lost season. It's at this point that fans of all kinds decide what they would personally like to see more for the future of this team: a last ditch run or a high draft pick. It's perfectly freaking sensible to want a higher draft pick, again, because we're at a point in the season when a bunch of wins is borderline pointless.

Just because you see it differently, doesn't mean you get to judge who is a fan and who is not. It makes you look like you take this sports thing way too seriously.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I don't believe the canucks went to kesler first. Gillis has said numerous times that he would NEVER and I mean NEVER go to a player with a NTC asking to move them because he thinks it's dishonest to give someone an NTC only to ask them to waive it later. Player has to come to him first before he would consider moving him.

Gillis is full of it. I guess that's why he's trying to field offers for Edler, but Edler says he's not going to waive his NTC? :biglaugh:

Defeatist*

It's not like it's the beginning of the season here. We're in the stretch run of a completely lost season. It's at this point that fans of all kinds decide what they would personally like to see more for the future of this team: a last ditch run or a high draft pick. It's perfectly freaking sensible to want a higher draft pick, again, because we're at a point in the season when a bunch of wins is borderline pointless.

Just because you see it differently, doesn't mean you get to judge who is a fan and who is not. It makes you look like you take this sports thing way too seriously.

I agree. After december it was go canucks go still! However, this is a lost season at this point and for the good of the franchise it's better to tank. Makes you a better fan to wish for the future health of this team over some meaningless wins now.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Interesting what Friedman said about someone being fired tonight.

PJ flat out said "Are you saying Tortorella would have been fired?"

And Elliote simply said "someone" would have.

I'd have to think that it would have been actually Gillis and not Tortorella.

It goes in line with the season ticket renewal being delayed.

I think Gillis gets fired Monday morning. You heard it hear first.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Was at the game.

Matthias has game.
Jensen had 2 great looks.
Lack looked really solid despite the blunder.
Dalpe at least tries.
Tanev is the best player on the team, IMO.

The rest all looked pretty lethargic.

Last edited:

Defeatist*

I'm not sure why winning this game would make a diff in a decision to fire someone or not. We got 14 ****ing shots on goal! This was a hollow win anyways! The decision to fire someone shouldn't rest on the results of this game.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Didn't watch the game, just got home and watched the highlights

I saw Henrik or Burrows featured exactly 0 times in 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Pathetic

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver

I was simply pointing out that the chances of a top 15 pick being a regular NHLer are much higher than 15%...

You could certainly argue the difference between 10th to 5th is small but that greatly varies by draft year. Personally I think top 7 are good this year. 8-12th'ish is okay and after that you're reaching and guessing.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site

If a 2-1 win in which you manage 14 shots against a bottom dweller is the dividing line between major personnel decisions, well...that's not good.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary

That's pretty interesting. Earlier in the show he talked about how the Canucks are stalling to send their season ticket renewal emails because they think the renewals will be low if they don't make a change.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone get fired sooner rather than later based on what he's saying.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Wait, what? Sorry didn't watch the game.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
ib1sbUBOHhf3W3.gif

Wetcoaster

The Canucks may be bad but they are not Sabres/Flames/Oilers/Panthers/Isles bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad