OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
What I will be wearing Saturday night at Judas Priest!!!!
IMG_20240430_172524978.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I saw my first cicadas this morning. Three of them clinging to a pillar by the front door going into the office. Eeewww.

They are supposed to be around until mid June. :help:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I feel like every day is groundhog day over the last week with our severe weather. More storms today, tomorrow and Monday with a soggy weekend in between.

I'm tired af.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I saw my first cicadas this morning. Three of them clinging to a pillar by the front door going into the office. Eeewww.

They are supposed to be around until mid June. :help:
Update: that pillar was covered with them this morning. A coworker refused to even approach the door until someone held it open so he could run right by them :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I will be moving June 1-June 15, and am looking for a private room ($500-$1000) in the Boston area with access to the T, supermarket, wi-fi, etc. Nothing fancy.

Investigating Roomi, Roomster and other sites.

1] If you or anyone you trust seeks a roommate, please inform.

2] I would appreciate any assistance, insight or information relative to this process. I've been through it many times, with mixed results.

Thank you for any help,

M.

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
No offense, but it's absolutely horrible advice. Never take on credit card debt you can't immediately pay back. Use them to build credit, don't ever take on high-interest debt if it's avoidable.
sometimes its not avoidable. but i agree.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Today’s Diagnostic mammogram = clean & clear 2 years after breast cancer!!

Ladies over 40 - don’t forget to get your boobs squished. It’s worth it!!!

Excellent news!

I got my baseline at 35 thanks to a family history, and finally went back for another at 40. Preventative care is so important, and I'm glad guidance is changing and the age is being lowered to 40.

Would also say that men should be careful and watch for symptoms as well. I have 2 male friends, under 50, that have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Male breast cancer is becoming much more common - don't overlook symptoms, dudes.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Excellent news!

I got my baseline at 35 thanks to a family history, and finally went back for another at 40. Preventative care is so important, and I'm glad guidance is changing and the age is being lowered to 40.

Would also say that men should be careful and watch for symptoms as well. I have 2 male friends, under 50, that have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Male breast cancer is becoming much more common - don't overlook symptoms, dudes.
My grandfather actually had it in his 70s and they removed part of his breast and pec. My maternal side has a lot of breast cancer in it (both grandparents, mom, and at least one aunt have had lumps). So I'm going to be on guard for it. I think one of my cousins on that side had some genetic testing and didn't find any markers of it, so there's a suspicion it may have been something environmental to the house my mom grew up in, but still taking it seriously even as a man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad