WDSF Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights | 12:00PM | NBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
First franchise in the Reddit era. Most of our fans are on Reddit or Twitter and have no idea HF exists.

The VGK subreddit's GDT has 2000 posts in it.
Vegas is also not a hockey market at all which will contribute to that. Nice golf courses for sure though

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I don't understand how anyone could have two franchises like that, especially divisional.
They never asked me what division/conference I wanted the Knight to play in. Beyond that the Wild are my 1A to the Knights 1B so it's not really all that hard.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Got a little lucky with the missed high stick on Tuch towards the end. But glad we evened out the last 2 periods. The 1st was pretty brutal.

Reactions: TaLoN

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas is also not a hockey market at all which will contribute to that. Nice golf courses for sure though
The VGK are doing just fine in this market. Come to town and count how many more VGK gear donning people you see versus people wearing Raiders gear

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Gg Wild. They play exactly how they're supposed to against us. Frustrating to watch.

Wild do seem to know how to play Vegas. And given how bad the Knights have sucked on the road in St Paul, there is already reason for concern on the Knights side.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They never asked me what division/conference I wanted the Knight to play in. Beyond that the Wild are my 1A to the Knights 1B so it's not really all that hard.
I guess. As a Sharks fan living in Vegas, I was hoping I could tolerate them, but that rivalry ended that possibility real fast.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Vegas will need to use their size advantage if they want to win the series. Minnesota has more skill and more speed. Based on round 1.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Vegas still wins this. They are my fave for the Cup. Though their lack of finish was startling.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
The VGK are doing just fine in this market. Come to town and count how many more VGK gear donning people you see versus people wearing Raiders gear

Yeah, Vegas overall has really embraced the Knights! Going to the games though is different, more like going to Rams games back in the 90's in Anaheim where there were at least as many fans for the visitors as for the home team. Makes for a really great experience, with the back and forth between the "Go Knights, Go!" and the "Let's Go Wild!" chants, my daughter loved it!

Reactions: HanSolo

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

I hate the Knights (I'm a flyers fan living in Vegas), but Vegas is ABSOLUTELY a hockey market. Before covid every damn game was a sell out, every one in this town has a VGK hat, bumper sticker, jersey, etc. And as someone who has been playing in beer leagues here, its only getting significantly more popular.

I am always down to slander the Knights, its a hobby of mine, but this is a hockey town.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Probably similiar when Detroit auto workers first moved to Nashville, have their Nashville jerseys but wear their Red wings when they are in the building

Reactions: SP1966

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Vegas still wins this. They are my fave for the Cup. Though their lack of finish was startling.

Getting Pacioretty back might be an advantage for them, yeah.

I still hope the Wild gets them though. As a Norwegian, I am of course a big Zucc-fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad