Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
If there is one system in the league that we trust, it’s Tochhets system.

Miller against McDavid
Lindholm against Draisaitl

Pettersson to reek havoc on Macleods line.

Also Im pretty certain that all of Canada will be watching this series. Expect very high viewership.
wtf I always thought you were a flames fan

Reactions: bh53

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
Nobody has suggested they're related. Canucks are huge underdogs based on expert opinions and betting odds. Says a lot more about the series matchup compared to a canucks fan pointing at those outcomes.

Of course anything can happen but you're in the minority if you think the regular season is indicative of how this series goes. Canucks are also without arguably their best player.

Money coming in on Vancouver.

Edmonton opened at-133 now -120

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
They are just underdog just because Demko is not playing. I do not agree that the Canucks is underdog. The Canucks do have the beast defensemen and Zadarov did not play in first 3 games so it will be a lot different defensive battle than the Oilers faced earlier in the season. Plus Souray was injured as well and did not play in first 2 games. How much everybody forgot that Myers did not play well as well in the start of the season as well and got better as season went on. Going to be a good series where expert will be in a surprise that the Canucks is not a pushover. Page 92 and the series is not even started yet.
The Canucks are underdogs based on what all the hockey analysts are saying about the series and it is not all about Demko. Hardly any of it is about Demko. That would make it rational.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Most of the country will be supporting the winner

You guys need a cup badly. We the good Ole US of A have been DOMINATING for over 3 decades lol
In 2011, literally nobody I met in Alberta were not cheering for the Canucks. They did the "pretend its the Olympics BS" you know, there's more Canadians on Bostons team so that's my team ! bruh

In 2004 and 2006, in British Columba, the Flames and Oilers games were always on. And it was obvious that everyone was cheering for the Canadian teams.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
In 2011, literally nobody I met in Alberta were not cheering for the Canucks. They did the "pretend its the Olympics BS" you know, there's more Canadians on Bostons team so that's my team ! bruh

In 2004 and 2006, in British Columba, the Flames and Oilers games were always on. And it was obvious that everyone was cheering for the Canadian teams.
I cheered for the Canucks in the 90s when I was a kid and they had Bure and Mogilny.

But mainly cause it was my friends team and why would I hate any team as a kid. Times are different now.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Seriously people?

Over 2,300 posts in before game one just sh!t talking and conjecture?

Holy jees...go take a walk, hug someone, say Hi to a stranger or something. It's just a game...

...and I hope the Canucks rain holy hellfire and molten piss and covid and 1970's MSG before it was proven to be safe and OJ Simpsons white Bronco's and Brady's deflated footballs over the shitbag Oilers and all of their fans.

Other than that, I hope that everyone stays safe, everyone understands it's just a game and let the best team win.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Screw that. If the Canucks win this series I'll be cheering for whoever they face and I'd expect Canuck fans to do the same.

After the series and expect a physical one, I don't think any of us will have the appetite to do that.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Oh I think the Oilers will be a tough series. There’s no easy outs in the playoffs. But the Oilers and Canucks have both had pretty easy paths so far compared to the rest of the West.
Wait, you mean the same Canucks that went to game 6 and had four 1 goal games? The same team that had a goal differential in the first round of +1?

Reactions: Kerberos

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Only other teams I'd cheer for are the Habs and Sens. Canada for the Olympics and that's it.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

The country was rooting for Boston in 2011, fans and media. Toronto was the most anti Vancouver, but Alberta was probably a close second. And everyone in Canada outside BC was aboard the Bruins bandwagon.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
In one series we had low shots and we won that series in one more game than it took the Oilers to beat LA. And yes I do see the teams weaknesses which is why I said with Demko out the Oilers should be slight favourites.
You need to slow down a bit and read posts before getting so upset.
Against a weaker team in 6 games... But playoffs are different beast.

But this will be a close series. Canucks are good, and had Oilers number. Looking forward to it.

One fanbase will be quitting the internet until October.

Reactions: Summer Rose

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Nobody has suggested they're related. Canucks are huge underdogs based on expert opinions and betting odds. Says a lot more about the series matchup compared to a canucks fan pointing at those outcomes.

Of course anything can happen but you're in the minority if you think the regular season is indicative of how this series goes. Canucks are also without arguably their best player.
Hughes and JT are co-best players.

While the head to head mighr mean zilch I think it's absolutely ridiculous how this series is being perceived.

Going into the payoffs Vancouver has been the best defensive team in the league for almost three months and it had nothing to to do with goaltending.

#1 in high danger shots allowed.
#1 in rush chances,
#1 in slot chances, #1 in shot suppression and it's exactly why we didn't skip a beat with losing multiple goalies

Everyone shits on the press but
For almost half a season they were the top team in a bunch of stuff including wins.
They finished 9th in GF but ahead of both Van and Edmonton since Feb, dido on the pp, yet every single oiler fan has said Nashville sucks and Vancouver played poorly when the reality is even with a huge penalty discrepancy the nucks defense gave them nothing.
Nashville also did a hell of a job defensively as well.

We are a better and deeper team 5on5 the oilers are the better pp team. However head to head it was Vancouver by a mile and it's not like the oilers pp was bad at the time, they just were atrocious on the pk where nucks were like 45%. Even if we take 20% off to be realistic that puts them pretty even which in that case turns this series into a 5on5 battle.

Lots of scenarios in this series can easily paint Vancouver in a positive light but everyone just wants to focus on the oilers dismantling the kings in 5 because they went 50% on the pp which isn't going to happen with how are pk just throttled a pp that coming in was hotter than the oilers.

End of the he say the oilers kings were pretty much even at evens.

Wednesday can't come soon enough and that's one thing we can all agree on.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Seriously people?

Over 2,300 posts in before game one just sh!t talking and conjecture?

Holy jees...go take a walk, hug someone, say Hi to a stranger or something. It's just a game...

...and I hope the Canucks rain holy hellfire and molten piss and covid and 1970's MSG before it was proven to be safe and OJ Simpsons white Bronco's and Brady's deflated footballs over the shitbag Oilers and all of their fans.

Other than that, I hope that everyone stays safe, everyone understands it's just a game and let the best team win.
Lol if you're doing the whole "it's just a game" spiel on a hockey board I think you might have ended up in the wrong place.

Edit: now that I actually read your whole post I see this was satire. Anyway, I hope the Canucks lose.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad