Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (VAN leads 3-2)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
+ deliberately tanked for a decade and were gifted multiple 1st overalls and ruined half of those picks
They didn't deliberately do anything lol. Its hilarious that people think this. That was the old boys club trying to win.

No, you said he's not good defensively, never has been. Own your shit
Ok = not good, not bad. Context matters in terms of what I was replying to. Try learning about context.

Reactions: Dempsey and Duder54

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
They didn't deliberately do anything lol. Its hilarious that people think this. That was the old boys club trying to win.
This. Just because the Oilers had the most incompetent group of people in all of hockey history running the team, doesn't mean they were purposely trying to lose. They were just a genuinely terrible organization from top to bottom. Heck, the organization is still carrying the stink of those poor decisions in many ways.

That said, trying to change the thinking of half the posters on HF would have about as good a chance of succeeding as Nikita Zadorov trying to play defence against the Oilers top line.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Filip Hronek turned down a $6.5M AAV deal after the ASG and reportedly wants $8M.

I think this management group likes Lindholm. Rutherford would not have hesitated to flip him at the trade deadline if they were that concerned about his post-trade slump, he has done that before. I would bet that they extend an offer before July 1st.
They're gonna lose most of their depth if thats the case.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Edmonton is nowhere near as defensive as Nashville. The Preds literally blocked everything and the kitchen sink, and what did make it to the net, Saros stopped. I expect this series Vancouver’s offence comes back to life like it usually does vs offence minded teams. Nurse/Ceci pairing better be prepared, and skinner needs to bring his A game or this will be a closer series than a lot want to admit
Edmonton blocked more shots against LA than Nashville did against Vancouver.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This is kind of like last years Hurricanes-Devils.

One team broke out, one team feels like they're ready to win. Some similarities, some differences.

But I believe similar to the Canes, the Oilers will show that and kick in a gear the Canucks can't match.

The regular season series couldn't matter less in my opinion. First 3 games were played in the beginning when the Oilers were at their worst, and the final meeting at the end of the regular season they were on a b2b. Should even give them a little extra incentive to beat the Canucks in particular, similar to how the Avs dealt with the Jets.

Also no Demko does the Canucks no favors obviously.

For Vancouver, regardless of what happens here, I think it's been a successful season and they accomplished what they had to this year to move this thing forward in the right direction.

Whatever happens during the series can change my opinion, but going into it Edmonton winning feels like it's the way it's supposed to go.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
It's a shame Van and Edm have to meet this round, instead of next round, I prefer the 1 vs 8 setup. Whoever wins this series has a tough one ahead, vs. Colorado or Dallas / Vegas.

Reactions: Shibumi

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
No idea why. has to do with stuff from like 8 years ago. But judging by the numerous negative threads on this board and clear lopsided opinions from nearly every fan base, the oilers clearly did something to make the other fan bases lose their shit on a regular basis
I don't hate the oilers. They're somewhat of a sister franchise to the penguins. 5 cups each, lots of generational players, high highs and low lows. Just haven't been a fan of their management. But still want to see this core win a cup (or two).

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Go sports! Yay local squadron!

Anyways, so much dumb in this thread already. Hope it’s a fun series and the handful of chuckleheads making this place unbearable with hyper posted nonsense collectively forget how to use their devices.

Canucks are in tough IMO. We’ll see how this goes.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I expect this thread to be as much a cesspool as TOR/BOS.

I'm excited for this series, but I will miss the chill vibe of the NSH/VAN one. Good times :laugh:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That's not what I see. We know we sucked. We even have a name for it, the decade of darkness. What do you expect us to do about it in 2024, scream it at the top of a mountain every day to appease you?
idk man, from what i've seen online

Lot of Oilers fans like to talk about how great their team has been despite not really achieving anything with the best player in the world. Some also like to act like the 80s and early 90s were recent memory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad