Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Harnarayan Singh
He's fire, straight up top 5 PBP right now after Forslund and that Bob Wischuen bloke on ESPN who is the best PBP in the game of hockey.
Bang on, nice to get a reasonable neutral perspective in here from someone who's seen a recent cup winner.
No problem mate, I just don't understand why Oiler fans don't listen to me. I'm right like 98% of the time.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I got the Vancouver Canucks in six games. I value that Edmonton looked good in round one, but let us be honest here brethren, it was against an AHL club that decided to give more goals away than Oprah does cars on her show. They've been playing at such a low standard that Canucks steaming along playing desperate hockey will catch the Oilers by surprise. Did you lot see the Canucks in that series with Nashville? T O T A L defensive hockey, a pure slug feast like you skated in tar for last two week. That's what Edmonton gets to experience in this series.

Then, McDavid gets to play against one of the top three best off-the-rush defenders in Zadorov as well, I remember how quiet Vitamin Z made Connor look when he was in the Aves jersey. It's like Zadorov became his mum and force-fed him Mucinex PM all night long. It's going to be a slug feast, Edmonton won't be able to use their speed and cherrypicking skills against this team as they did with LA.

This Vancouver team isn't ignorant, Tocchet knows what's up and he knows who to stop. EP40 will also awake from his slumber and feast on all the holes which is Skinner. Considering the goals he let in against the Kings, thousandfold that in this series. Hughes will be able to snipe it from outer space that's how exposed Stuart is going to be. JT Miller will cover Draisaitl around like a hawk in a mouse pet store, it's not going to be pretty, but effective and Kane won't be able to bully the Nucks due to all the heaviness this team has. I do have the Oilers winning two games, but those two will be strictly from the powerplay since these shoddy refs have to get some teams a lot of PPs occasionally, but besides that, Vancouver is going to control the 5v5 play and take it to the Oilers (which is the reason why I have them winning in 6). You lot won't be able to do as you did against the Kings, whereas Cancuks are only going to go up from here.
Did you have a chance to check out “Vitaman Z” when he was a Vitaman Seive in the playoffs for Calgary?

Reactions: soothsayer

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I wonder how Oilers would do if they had to play their third string goalie.
What happened to the Canucks backup goalie? Why are the Canucks on their 3rd goalie? If Silovs gets injured, do they roll in their 4th backup?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did you have a chance to check out “Vitaman Z” when he was a Vitaman Seive in the playoffs for Calgary?
That's Calgary bro, this is Vancouver baby. You're going from a wasteland plain that gets overflooded once a year to the fentanyl pharmaceutical capital of Canada. Vancouver Canucks are Blitzkerg right now with straight Pervitin in their veins, you lot don't have a chance.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That's Calgary bro, this is Vancouver baby. You're going from a wasteland plain that gets overflooded once a year to the fentanyl pharmaceutical capital of Canada. Vancouver Canucks are Blitzkerg right now with straight Pervitin in their veins, you lot don't have a chance.
Now that I think about it. I am a bit scared of Van. They could repeat, this could be 1915 all over again.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
What happened to the Canucks backup goalie? Why are the Canucks on their 3rd goalie? If Silovs gets injured, do they roll in their 4th backup?
DeSmith is healthy enough to backup but probably not 100%, and Silovs has been good. I'd guess DeSmith will be back in after Silovs has a tough game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
To be fair, I don't really need to because I got the Western Conference sweep on my DVR and can start it any time. Sweet memories, we could put freakin' 5'1" Darren Pang, MCD could get 3 points, and you lot would still lose 7-5.
What does this have to do with Zadorov? And what does this have to do with an Oilers-Canucks thread? I believe this post would be considered something that rhymes with bowling.

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Man, I’ve got so many quotes on deck already for this series if it goes the way I believe it will.

The mental gymnastics we will see from VAN fans (among others) if the Oilers win could be in consideration for medals at Paris 2024.

I genuinely wish I could go through my life with that level of cognitive dissonance.

I think Vancouver could win, it is hockey after all. Wildly unpredictable but, to consider them having anything better than like 55% odds is either trolling or something else…. (use your imagination)

Either way. It will be fun.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Preds had more GF this season than the following playoff teams.

VGK
FLA
BOS
WPG
LAK
NYI
WSH

Ah yes

Two more goals than Vegas
One more than Florida
Two more than Boston

So I guess they were better than those teams, right? What a riot

Reactions: VainGretzky

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Bang on, nice to get a reasonable neutral perspective in here from someone who's seen a recent cup winner.
This poster is one of the furthest from neutral regarding the Oilers.

Never ask a woman her age,
Never ask a man his salary,
Never ask S E P H how many hours they spent troll liking literally thousands of posts on the Oilers board.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I literally came here to talk about edm/van and people just started bugging me about the Avs.

Edm in 4

I should just go to the Avs series thread later and talk about the Canucks.

Vegas/Dallas in 4, what a child.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The Canucks made zero deadline moves, they made a trade in January and one in December

Oh, okay, that changes everything.

I would be more concerned about Leafs core and how they keep going for 1st round exists every year if i were you

Well thanks for telling me what you would do if you were me. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that but at least I know what would happen in an alternate universe and that information might be critical one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad