Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (VAN leads 3-2)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Genuinely funny to see all the Oiler fans who spent all season talking about how they were the best in the league but just had an uncharacteristic bad stretch due to injuries, now in here falling over themselves to declare themselves the underdogs :laugh:

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Genuinely funny to see all the Oiler fans who spent all season talking about how they were the best in the league but just had an uncharacteristic bad stretch due to injuries, now in here falling over themselves to declare themselves the underdogs :laugh:
Yeah all 3 posters. Such a sizable chunk of the fanbase. Just go to twitter if you want to laugh at morons posting ridiculous takes.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
You're selling the farm. You haven't depleted it. Two different things.

However if you're arguing Vancouver can afford to do this year after year with no intention to win and it's all just house money then the farm will be depleted. They're going for it. Management didn't trade a 1st for fun.

I think every year a team trades a 1st round pick for a rental they're going for it. Not every team does it, only contenders usually do it.
Not sure what your point is. Yes, we gave up some futures to help us in the playoffs that is pretty obvious to anyone. We kept the critical pieces that will help us over the next few years.

Don’t fool yourself the Canucks are legit contenders, they can play anyone’s game and win.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, the Canucks are still very much evolving here, so even if we lose, this will be valuable experience.
You're acting like the Canucks are a young rebuilding team. All of their top players are on or are about to be on big contracts and are basically the same age as the Oilers top players and their #1C is 31. Their window should have opened years ago. They're on a pretty similar window timeline as Edmonton unless Drai and McDavid don't re-sign.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Not sure what your point is. Yes, we gave up some futures to help us in the playoffs that is pretty obvious to anyone. We kept the critical pieces that will help us over the next few years.

Don’t fool yourself the Canucks are legit contenders, they can play anyone’s game and win.

My entire point is the management expects Vancouver to win and is trading their future to do so. Vancouver fans are pretending the management's expectation was beating Nashville and so this is 'house money'. I disagree that was the objective.

Vancouver is going for it, as they should. It would be a disappointment to lose this series. Fans are happy because they haven't had playoff success but the management is expecting more.

Reactions: jeblers

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Oilers in 6. Hope I’m wrong but I don’t see the oilers losing. Regular season head to head really shouldn’t mean anything

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Preds were +13 against their division, LA was +18 against their division so…that only accounts for part of the difference. Again, no idea what you are talking about.
Who is LA goalie? Rittich? Talbot?? Even my 9 year old sister can score on them, dont make me laugh. Preds had one of the top goalies in the league and one of the Norris nominee on D while LA had 50 year old doughboy and Talbot who is worst than our 3rd string goalie. Give me a break.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
My entire point is the management expects Vancouver to win and is trading their future to do so. Vancouver fans are pretending the management's expectation was beating Nashville and so this is 'house money'. I disagree that was the objective.

Vancouver is going for it, as they should. It would be a disappointment to lose this series. Fans are happy because they haven't had playoff success but the management is expecting more.

lol our president of hockey ops gave a lukewarm, "well shit if EVERYTHING goes right at might make it" quote about the team making the post season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The x factor is this all is bouchard

His softness and shoddy defense will surely turn the tide for the canucks
Bouchard 5v5 was 7GF, 4GA
Hughes 5v5 was 3GF, 3GA
if Edmonton needs to be worried by Bouchard then Vancouver should be of Hughes.

If you said Ceci you would have a point.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad