Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Your aboard the Pickard train eh?

I haven't been overly impressed with him tbh, he's made some nice saves but feels very beatable. Skinner has higher upside/some bounce back potential but hasnt been able to give them a big save.

I don't know what I would do if I was Knoblauch.
More like the anti Skinner train. Dude has a knack for finding ways to lose

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Trust me, the worst part is 5 years later and you look back at all the shitty first round picks your team made when they could have been trading for rentals.

Why did the Canucks keep their 1st round picks in 2011 and 2012??? They won the president's trophy both years, do they manage to beat Boston with a little more depth? If they were able to overcome the Kings, they had a pretty easy path to the cup. Why did the Canucks draft Patrick White (0g), Jordan Schroeder (56g), Nick Jensen (24g), and Brendan Gaunce (117g) while the team was winning Art Ross and President's Trophys.
Luongo imploding in the finals was why the Canucks lost.

8,4,5,4 goals against in his losses that series.

Ain't no depth that's gonna score you 5 or 6 goals in the playoffs

Sounds like he's giving his opinion and not that he's heard something.
He's generally pretty plugged in

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Luongo had 2 shutouts in the cup finals, the team scored 8 goals in the series.

Nothing Luongo could do about getting shut out in game 7 of the finals, but maybe more defensive depth can stop them from going in.

The highest scoring team in the league scored 1, 3, 1, 0, 1, 2, and 0 goals in 7 games.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Luongo had 2 shutouts in the cup finals, the team scored 8 goals in the series.

Nothing Luongo could do about getting shut out in game 7 of the finals, but maybe more defensive depth can stop them from going in.

The highest scoring team in the league scored 1, 3, 1, 0, 1, 2, and 0 goals in 7 games.
Yep, luongo played well in his 3 wins that series.

Reactions: MessierII

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver

Lu had some stinkers but that series went 7 games and the team in front of him scored 8 goals. He wasn’t even a top 3 reason they lost.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
I absolutely take McDrai seriously. They are Uber-talented, both of them. They could go off. But we have literally heard that they are going to torch the Canucks every single game this season - especially after the drubbing to start the season. It could definitely happen. They have the skill. But it feels really weird that it hasn’t happened yet.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pickard is certainly never going to win the Oilers a game ( unlike Skinner who can ) but man Skinner just as likely can lose the Oilers the game . Thats a risky move , if true .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Silovs is still th feel good story of the series. But wow did his team do him no favours tonight.

Don't know what's going on with Pettersson but with that contract kicking in with his current compete level the Canucks better be worried.

Gary Bets Man

"All bets are off."
Feb 4, 2015
Did you even watch that game? Pettersson made a nifty play to redirect the puck with his skate. It then goes off the post and Miller cleans it up. Not a bounce.
I had just finished watching the game, actually. Isn’t a bounce off the post to Miller exactly that, a bounce?

I mean, Vancouver deserved to win that game. Watching it, I thought it should have been a blowout. But because of goal tending and missed chances, it did, in fact, come down to a bounce. Am I crazy?

The reason that bounce meant anything is because McDavid stopped skating and left Miller alone in the slot with 30 seconds again, so it's extremely ironic for McDavid to say it was just a bounce when it's his fault that bounce meant anything.
Looked like 97 and 18 got confused on who’s man that was. McDavid had a bad game in general. He was mostly invisible for last 2 periods. He still has to answer the questions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad