Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This has been a great playoff series. Sucks that everyone just wants to whine about the refs, on both sides. It's been like 200 pages about the EP hit, and it had very little impact on the game.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
This has been a great playoff series. Sucks that everyone just wants to whine about the refs, on both sides. It's been like 200 pages about the EP hit, and it had very little impact on the game.

Imagine how good the series could be if it was evenly called though?

Reactions: crazychimp

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Is this the first Canucks will be swept in round 3 Oilers prediction before the Canucks - Oilers series even ends?
This is the either team is going to get bodied playing like this in round 3. I have no prediction of who will win this because I have no clue which Oilers team is going to grace is with an appearance on any given night.

If you're confident generating 20 shots a night against Dallas then good for you. I'm not confident in the Oilers taking 4 attempts to clear their zone and dumping it to centre for 30 minutes straight. Dallas will chew that up.

• Haha
Reactions: Artemi Panarin

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Imagine how good the series could be if it was evenly called though?
There have been plenty of bad calls going both ways, lots of non calls as well. To say one team has had crazy advantages is BS.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Game 3 too.

I think the Oilers lost an 100% winnable game from Skinner

You realize Skinner is a part of that team right ?

Maybe not you, but some Oilers fans speak of goaltending as if it's a third party, separate from the team

"We are the better team; it's just the goaltender".. like wtf is that. He's a part of the team ffs.

The reason that bounce meant anything is because McDavid stopped skating and left Miller alone in the slot with 30 seconds again, so it's extremely ironic for McDavid to say it was just a bounce when it's his fault that bounce meant anything.

the guy is a champion of not taking responsibility. especially defensively

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
This is the either team is going to get bodied playing like this in round 3. I have no prediction of who will win this because I have no clue which Oilers team is going to grace is with an appearance on any given night.

If you're confident generating 20 shots a night against Dallas then good for you. I'm not confident in the Oilers taking 4 attempts to clear their zone and dumping it to centre for 30 minutes straight. Dallas will chew that up.

The Canucks shoot more when Demko is in net

Maybe not you, but some Oilers fans speak of goaltending as if it's a third party, separate from the team

"We are the better team; it's just the goaltender".. like wtf is that. He's a part of the team ffs.

Exact opposite of Miller post game 4

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I think the poster is saying the narrative is that goaltending is losing them games but that Skinner gave them a winnable game in game 3 they still lost, just like Pickard gave them a winnable game in game 5 and they still lost

Never mind I reread it

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The contrast of attitude from their own fans toward EP and Marner is fascinating

Marner has failed to proven himself for 8 straight playoffs yet many leafs fans are still willing to defend him

EP has struggled for the first time in his total of 2 playoffs appearances and majority of the fan base want his ass gone

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Does anyone know the ratings for this series in the US?

2 western Canadian teams, so yes, I know they will be low, but just wondering…
Not sure about yesterday's ratings but Tuesdays game drew 989,000 on ESPN

Since the Rangers' closed out carolina ABC's Saturday night slot freed up and the network went with OKC and Dallas instead of the Oilers-Canucks Game 6

Reactions: IComeInPeace

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
That's why you don't throw 4-1 leads down the drain. You won't be better every game, so you need to win the games you are better in.

The mental/performance issues this team has, I'm half a mind to not care if we lose in 7 anymore. Now this just feels like a race to get swept in the next round. Turned a fairly easier series into a slog and most likely a loss.
After game 1 McDavid's and Knoblauch's post-game interviews were very concerning. Very passive and dismissive of an absolutely abysmal collapse. They seemed totally fine with it. Was so weird.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
The contrast of attitude from their own fans toward EP and Marner is fascinating

Marner has failed to proven himself for 8 straight playoffs yet many leafs fans are still willing to defend him

EP has struggled for the first time in his total of 2 playoffs appearances and majority of the fan base want his ass gone

Because the canucks don't get respected in the handshake line, like the leafs do every year.

Reactions: ziploc

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure about yesterday's ratings but Tuesdays game drew 989,000 on ESPN

Since the Rangers' closed out carolina ABC's Saturday night slot freed up and the network went with OKC and Dallas instead of the Oilers-Canucks Game 6
Can you blame them? McDavid is the biggest name in the NHL but the ratings Van/Edm would pale against that NBA matchup.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

EP40 had a crucial assist in the game winning goal and he's also playing with Mikheyev and karlsson

Apples to oranges

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Kind of wish the Refs would stop calling ticky tacky calls on both sides. I think it has in a way taken a little bit of the intensity out of the series. Just wish they was a little more physicality in the series. Kind of hope we see them play again next year and create a rivalry of sorts the NHL the has been deeply lacking as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad