Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
pretty emotional and weird reply tbh. seems like that hit home
The only emotional group I really see around here at the moment is the Oilers bitching about their goalie shitting the bed and how goaltending is the reason why McDavid/Draisaitl aren't on their quest for back-to-back cups lmao. The crowning achievement of this generation of the Oilers, with 2 generational talents and 4 1st overall picks in the 2010s, is getting swept in the conference finals at the hands of the Avs. I'd be emotional too if that was the only thing my team has accomplished in the last near decade of having McDavid/Draisaitl, and 4 1st overall selections in RNH/Hall/Yakupov/McDavid.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
That's in the past

Edmonton has 2 of the greatest players in the world playing 30 minutes a night against an AHL goaltender

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Rangers have won 3 coin flip games despite Carolina having better numbers. Will have to wait and see if Shesterkin is playing well or if he's just getting his numbers pumped by playing Carolina again.

Not to mention 4 games against Washington that was most likely one of the worst playoff team in recent years.

That being said. Rangers are still really really good team and Shesterkin is amazing goalie. Stanley will go to New York, Florida or Dallas. All those teams have depth, great goalie and elite players who can win games for them. Colorado is hanging there with those, but i put Dallas over them currently.

Canuck or Edmonton have no chance for Stanley.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Also, can we please get some creativity when we're trying to make derogatory nicknames for players/teams? The next person to use McBaby, or McDiver, or McWhiner should have to walk across a floor of legos at 3am in the dark. Just absolutely pathetic creativity. If it's going to get spicy in here between two hated rivals, let's bring it up a notch over what I'd expect out of a six year old.
Well go ahead and start us off big guy. What did you have in mind?

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
The only emotional group I really see around here at the moment is the Oilers bitching about their goalie shitting the bed and how goaltending is the reason why McDavid/Draisaitl aren't on their quest for back-to-back cups lmao. The crowning achievement of this generation of the Oilers, with 2 generational talents and 4 1st overall picks in the 2010s, is getting swept in the conference finals at the hands of the Avs. I'd be emotional too if that was the only thing my team has accomplished in the last near decade of having McDavid/Draisaitl, and 4 1st overall selections in RNH/Hall/Yakupov/McDavid.
yea you're definitely emotional

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Edmonton, if by some miracle is able to make it out of this round, is going to get clobbered by the Stars/Avs with the goaltending they're getting right now. We've had very competitive games against the Avs and Stars, so if we do make it to the next round I wouldn't favor us by any chance, but I also do believe we have a good chance at advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals (Probably 55/45 or 60/40 in favor of the Stars/Avs with Demko back) - what has taken us to the next level is we have 3 very, very good lines with a defense that holds their own.

You make it sound like the series is 3-0 or something "by some miracle". The series has been incredibly close with all the games being one-goal games.

I also think everyone is over rating the Stars and Avs just a tad bit. They are both really good teams, but they didn't finish very far apart in the standings from either of these Pacific teams.

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
Also, can we please get some creativity when we're trying to make derogatory nicknames for players/teams? The next person to use McBaby, or McDiver, or McWhiner should have to walk across a floor of legos at 3am in the dark. Just absolutely pathetic creativity. If it's going to get spicy in here between two hated rivals, let's bring it up a notch over what I'd expect out of a six year old.
McStickFace

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
That's in the past

Edmonton has 2 of the greatest players in the world playing 30 minutes a night against an AHL goaltender

Because they've done a piss poor job of surrounding them with talent. This almost certainly ends the same way LeBron's 1st stint with the Cavs ended, except there won't be a come back because McDavid/Draisaitl don't have the attachment LeBron had to Cleveland.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
All I need to do is watch JT miller work his magic. He’s a master of the art.
Sure, if that’s how you want to learn the rules of the game that’ll work. Happy for you to gain some knowledge on the matter.

Now go back and put this new found knowledge to the test and tell me if Soucy shoved or pushed McDavid or cross checked him.

Fingers crossed you can get it this time!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good one. So emotional. Lmao stop embarrassing yourself.
“We Stylin’” guy thinks someone else is embarrassing themselves? :laugh:

Sure, if that’s how you want to learn the rules of the game that’ll work. Happy for you to gain some knowledge on the matter.

Now go back and put this new found knowledge to the test and tell me if Soucy shoved or pushed McDavid or cross checked him.

Fingers crossed you can get it this time!
Cross check. Look at his hands on the first “incident”. Take notes if you need to.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Skinner has been bad in this series, but tonight what one do u fault him for?

1st one they overcommit to Quinn, giving Boeser a shot & its a nice tip
2nd one McDavid leaves Boeser wide open in the slot
3rd is a bad turnover & Boeser is alone in close again
4th one perhaps but its a scramble & Lindholm comes right down mainstreet

You cant give a 40 goal scorer that many quality looks

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
You make it sound like the series is 3-0 or something "by some miracle". The series has been incredibly close with all the games being one-goal games.

I also think everyone is over rating the Stars and Avs just a tad bit. They are both really good teams, but they didn't finish very far apart in the standings from either of these Pacific teams.

I'm trying not to troll here, but they're putting their hopes of coming back on this series on either Stuart Skinner (Don't need to break down why that would be a miracle if EDM won with him in net), or Calvin Pickard - someone who has been a journeyman goaltender his entire career, barely above a .900 save percentage in his career, has never started a playoff game in his career, and now has the hopes of the team that was the odds on favorite to win the cup hinged on him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's game 3, slow down just a little bit.
The hockey gods work in mysterious ways and they usually reward premature cockiness with bitter defeat. Hope they’ve got eyes on this thread because holy smokes I’ve never seen a fanbase that’s won two of three one goal games behave like this group.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Skinner has been bad in this series, but tonight what one do u fault him for?

1st one they overcommit to Quinn, giving Boeser a shot & its a nice tip
2nd one McDavid leaves Boeser wide open in the slot
3rd is a bad turnover & Boeser is alone in close again
4th one perhaps but its a scramble & Lindholm comes right down mainstreet

You cant give a 40 goal scorer that many looks quality looks

He's gotta make one of those saves. When you give a good player high quality looks they are going to put some past you, but you expect a goalie to make the odd save. I don't think he made one difficult save all night.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
“We Stylin’” guy thinks someone else is embarrassing themselves? :laugh:

Cross check. Look at his hands on the first “incident”. Take notes if you need to.
Look where his stick is …. Not a cross check. Maybe some tears blurring your vision?

Attachments

• IMG_7773.jpeg
    IMG_7773.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BERTUZZZZi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad