Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
that game reminded me so much of Game 1 vs. the Flames in 2022...heck even Game 1 vs Vegas last year

both goalies were bad and the Oilers simply stopped playing in the 2nd and 3rd but had a chance to win

if Drai is hurt the Oilers are in BIG trouble...
on to Game 2!
I didn't think Skinner was that good against the Kings either, especially in the game they lost in that series. He just wasn't as bad as last night.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
They went up 4-1 on a horrific goal and instead of just throwing everything on net managed to get exactly four shots on goal in the remaining 26:49 of the game. Seems bad!

Exactly. Silovs had the lower save %. If the Oilers match the Canucks shot totals they likely win the game or at least tie it up.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Skinner played well in the regular season. After a rough start to the season, he was pretty good the rest of it. I thought this could be the year Oilers have solid goaltending in the playoffs. Doesnt look like it. He was hit and miss against LA, and last night blew it late.

Looks like another playoffs Oilers need to win 5-4 or 6-4 every game to make sure they win.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

The GWG was putrid by Skinner, no doubt. If you know hockey you know the only chance Garland has to score there is 5hole and he didn't cover it up. Terrible.

But Ceci and Nurse suck as bad in general. It's a nothing play a stretch pass to a flat footed guy in the neutral zone and leads to easy zone entry. Those 2 are straight garabge

Do the oilers change goalies? Canucks are using their third string guy and winning. Imo skinner gets to start game two but if he is bad again the second stringer comes in. And if that doesn’t work then who is the Oilers third stringer? Might need to go to him. Can’t win with Skinner if he’s this bad.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Skinner played well in the regular season. After a rough start to the season, he was pretty good the rest of it. I thought this could be the year Oilers have solid goaltending in the playoffs. Doesnt look like it. He was hit and miss against LA, and last night blew it late.

Looks like another playoffs Oilers need to win 5-4 or 6-4 every game to make sure they win.
Last season I placed most of the blame on the defensive play, but Skinner has definitely been the weak link on the Oilers so far these playoffs. It would be one thing if the Oilers were giving up lots of good scoring chances but they are not.

Reactions: 647Hockey

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Do the oilers change goalies? Canucks are using their third string guy and winning. Imo skinner gets to start game two but if he is bad again the second stringer comes in. And if that doesn’t work then who is the Oilers third stringer? Might need to go to him. Can’t win with Skinner if he’s this bad.
If Oilers are going to try their backup Pickard, do it for game 2 to test him him asap. If he does well, keep using him. If he stinks go with Skinner the rest.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Game of mistakes and inches.

Cole made 3 mistakes and the Oilers capitalized on them. Kudos to them.

Ceci-Nurse pairing is a mistake and the Canucks 3rd line capitalized on them. Kudos to them.

Oilers team relies heavily on confidence. They're like Sharks in that once they taste blood they attack for the kill.

Game 2 IS the game in this series IMHO. If the Canucks win the Oilers confidence goes way, way down. If the Oilers pump the Canucks they come to life in a way that can shred the Canucks up.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I know Oilers fans might not want to hear this right now..

But has anyone ever acknowledged Nurse’s contract yet? Am I the only one who thinks it’s too much?
He’s worse than Tyler Myers, that’s saying something

Reactions: Summer Rose

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Game ones can be weird. It's like judging the first 10 minutes of any playoff game. Sometimes things look different after both teams settle into the game—and sometimes things look different after both teams settle into a series.

That being said—If I'm Edmonton I am concerned that the Canucks had three forward lines and three defensive pairs generating traction while the Oilers only had two lines and two pairs doing the same.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Jack Campbell is their 3rd goalie whos on the roster but scratched right now.

I think they certainly go back to Skinner for Game 2, with a shorter leash though.

Jack Campbell likely never sees the ice.

Reactions: Fatass

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

But has anyone ever acknowledged Nurse’s contract yet? Am I the only one who thinks it’s too much?
I think 80% of Oilers fans accept that it is a very bad contract.
I said two years ago that because of his cap hit and quality of play we aren't winning shit. I was hoping to be wrong of course..

Reactions: Summer Rose

ijuka

May 14, 2016

In the past, I've said that he's a #4 paid like a #1.

But to be honest, I'm starting to think that he's #5 instead of #4, and I might have overestimated him. Right now, he's deployed as a #3 and can't handle it at all. Belongs on the third pairing.

And yeah, he doesn't deserve anywhere near the money he makes, and never has. This contract was terrible from the moment it was signed.

Reactions: JAK

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oh what's that, Bouchard again having a positive defensive impact?

Also matches the eye test in that I thought Ekholm was the best player.

Surprised McDavid is positive at all, guy had about a dozen giveaways.
Bouch really wasn’t a positive on the ice, his partner Ekholm was which helped him look better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad