Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Two horrendous goalies in this series. Anything can happen
Silovs not so much? Ian Cole drew the penalty that the Oilers scored on, then screened Silovs on Ekholm's goal and redirected Ceci's pass for the 3-1 goal, and then Myers deflected Hyman's shot through his five hole. Of course he looked a bit shaky when he came out to play the puck but if Cole and Myers and the rest of the team tighten up their shot blocks they should be even tougher to beat.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Both goalies stink. But Oilers also forgot they were playing a game in the third.

Well it’s beyond my control. Onto the next.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Nurse and Ceci will be abused all series if they continue to go against the Lindholm line
Canucks secret weapon was the Lindholm line even in the preds series. This is why Canucks paid big bucks to get him from Calgary. All the naysayers kepts saying Lindholm was a bust but I knew he was a selke type center this team needed very much. Thats how teams win cups, you need a 3rd center the caliber of Lindholm to win in playoffs. Oilers dont have that and Nugent Pumpkins aint it Bob

Reactions: BigTruzz

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
Houli mouli what a meltdown. Pure evidence of Turtle Stragedy at finest without Läski-Salonen in goal.

First I though Nucks are in the wrong league but what a comeback. I think MacDavid will score a hattie next game
McDavid has played like crap against the Canucks all season. Who's neutralizing him? Is it Miller or Lindholm?

Anyways super disappointed. You had a 4-1 lead going into the 3rd. Block a f***ing shot McD!!! Sacrifice your body for a win. It's literally now or never.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
That probably should have been a 2-1 game if it had reasonable goaltending. Pretty shoddy in that game though.
If Demko were to comeback, you can say good night to Oilers.

Houli mouli what a meltdown. Pure evidence of Turtle Stragedy at finest without Läski-Salonen in goal.

First I though Nucks are in the wrong league but what a comeback. I think MacDavid will score a hattie next game
The only way McD scores a hattie is if Oilers get lots of PPs and Silovs keeps playing like this. 5 on 5, McD is a non-factor

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
McDavid has played like crap against the Canucks all season. Who's neutralizing him? Is it Miller or Lindholm?

Anyways super disappointed. You had a 4-1 lead going into the 3rd. Block a f***ing shot McD!!! Sacrifice your body for a win. It's literally now or never.
With both JT Miller & Quinn Hughes on the ice against McDavid 5on5 Edmonton had 1 shot attempt and the Canucks had 7.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Exactly, the Oilers miss the playoffs for 10 years and the fans still care.

Yeah. Of all the things between Canucks and Oilers fans in general...lots of things to pick at, but Oilers fans dedication in the face of futility puts Canucks fairweather crowd to shame.

Reactions: GeoRox89

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
The confidence of you guys are unmatched honestly. The only fans I see that are so overconfident even when a team has clearly beat them 5 times this season with 2 different coaches in both regular season and playoffs.
If the only way the oilers win this series is a pp scoring at 100% that bodes well for the canhcks

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Lindholm is a beast, truely showing us how much he is worth. He needs to be signed by Canucks, him, Joshua and Zadorov. The rest can wait but those 3 are key players imo.

They won't have the cap space to sign all those guys with raises, even with Myers coming off the books. The problem with a lot of guys having career years in contract years.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I'm kinda annoyed my oilers in 3 prediction wont come to fruition.
/s

For real though, I think this will be a back and forth series, the Canucks are a good team, even if you buy into the PDO hot/slow start.

you dont accidentally win the division.

I think this series goes 6 or 7 games long, but I also thought the flames were gonna sweep the Oilers after a 9-6 win, so what the f*** do I know.
I said it before but #97 is the only player in hockey that I get a sick feeling every time he has the puck, he can singlehandedly win a game and that's why this was a huge win.

There's not going to be many games the oilers have four HD shots and an expected GF of 0.97.

If we had lost this game after that solid of a performance because of 3 really bad goals knowing this was likely an outlier performance, the mental aspect would have been huge.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
No team deserved to win this low tempo crappy game, with horrid goaltending worst in the playoffs so far.

Nucks looked harmless with 3 pp, Oilers got goalied by Stu and lazy Nurse.

They are used to lose the opener, thought the Curse was broken though with 1st La game.

Expect a Oilers coming out hard next game.

Luckily it wasnt a 1 game serie, my vote 4-2 Oilers stands . Skinner will bounce back , long rest is never good if you havent lot of injuries.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Like previous years. Oilers need the PP to win

They've been a good 5on5 team all year, but their PP is unbelievable, especially in the playoffs it just seems to hit another level. I think they do go hand in hand though. If you're not generating anything at 5on5, you're not going to draw very many calls that will put you on the PP. You can't expect to get a PP when you don't have any shots or any significant zone time.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
No team deserved to win this low tempo crappy game, with horrid goaltending worst in the playoffs so far.

Nucks looked harmless with 3 pp, Oilers got goalied by Stu and lazy Nurse.

They are used to lose the opener, thought the Curse was broken though with 1st La game.

Expect a Oilers coming out hard next game.

Luckily it wasnt a 1 game serie, my vote 4-2 Oilers stands . Skinner will bounce back , long rest is never good if you havent lot of injuries.
Are you completely incapable of a unbiased opinion? You got dominated 5on5 in every facet of the game. Goaltending was bad on both sides but the Canucks actually played well, the oilers didn't.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
start desmith game 2. neither goalies were good tonight IMO
Blaming Silovs for Ian Cole's horrific decision making, huh?

0-1 was Ian Cole standing in front of Silovs covering nobody, 0-2 was Iac Cole banking the puck to Draisaitl without a single Oilers near him then screening Silovs and 1-3 was Ian Cole trying and failing to deflect the puck with his stick instead of just grabbing it with his left hand then screening Silovs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad