Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Oilers coach answering media questions : We played well, didn't have breakdown, I don't think we need to change much.

Canucks fans : We agree, just need similar efforts and this series will be fine.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
why r edm players and coach saying "we liked our game defenively"
HUH?
if they think tonite was good Defensive play then Van will he feasting this series.
Nashville - that's good D
Behind closed doors they will have a different story altogether. At this stage of the season everything is smoke and mirrors for the cameras.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
McDavid / Draisaitl complete ghosts
Edmonton continues to have porous defence
Zadorov was given the green light to hit anything that moves without fear of someone challenging him
7 shots in the final 40 minutes of a playoff game

Sometimes I wonder if you watch the games, or just come to certain conclusions because you know they are going to get a reaction.

Draisaitl was probably the best Oiler until he left in the 2nd period
Zadorov played a great game, but he had 1 hit total.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Canucks dominated that game 5 on 5. If they stay out of the box, oilers are in trouble. Another day closer to Demmer coming back.

People love to shit on the Canucks, but they have proven all season that they can play a ones game and beat them.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
why r edm players and coach saying "we liked our game defenively"
HUH?
if they think tonite was good Defensive play then Van will he feasting this series.
Nashville - that's good D

Compared to what we faced against Nashville, the Oilers tonight was like playing 3-on-3 at the ASG.

If the Oilers and their fans think that was 'good defense' this series is not going to go well for them.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if you watch the games, or just come to certain conclusions because you know they are going to get a reaction.

Draisaitl was probably the best Oiler until he left in the 2nd period
Zadorov played a great game, but he had 1 hit total.
You must be watching a completely different game than what we saw transpire

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Oilers coach answering media questions : We played well, didn't have breakdown, I don't think we need to change much.

Canucks fans : We agree, just need similar efforts and this series will be fine.
Oilers coaches dont have an answer for Canucks this season, both the knob and the wood

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Like I already said, Vancouver had by far the tougher opponent in the 1st round. Nashville put up one helluva fight against Vancouver. Edmonton didn’t even break a sweat against LA. Even Washington would have beat LA.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Nashville had better goaltending, and better team defense than the Oilers do. It's not shocking that Van busted out offensively, once not playing against a suffocating defense. Just gotta stay out of the box, and not get beat by 2 lucky deflections per game off our own players.

3 more to go!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Compared to what we faced against Nashville, the Oilers tonight was like playing 3-on-3 at the ASG.

If the Oilers and their fans think that was 'good defense' this series is not going to go well for them.
Oilers site tearing Nurse Ceci apart so they definitely don't think it was good D.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Crack down on diving, Oilers only draw 1 PP and it was a too many men call.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Oilers and Canucks fans, let’s all relax.

When your team loses, it’s not your fault and has nothing to do with you. Don’t take it personally.

When your team wins, it also has nothing to do with you, and is not your achievement to be proud of. We are cheering for a bunch of rich young men who don’t know us or care about us to live THEIR dream and achieve THEIR goals. We don’t have any rational reason to take pride in their success and act like we, the fans, had anything to do with it.

It’s exciting and fun, but that’s all it is. Don’t take it too seriously and don’t let it consume you or cause you real-life stress & anger when you have your own personal goals and dreams and stressors to focus on, things that actually impact you in a tangible way. Hockey fandom is fantasy.
1715233298304.png

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oilers were sloppy all night long, bad game all around even though they managed to get up 4-1.
The Oilers were sloppy and didn't play well but 4 of the 5 goals the Canucks scored were completely awful. It's not like the Oilers gave up a lot of good scoring chances.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
If the Canucks got into Skinner's head tonight like they did at the beginning of the season, it's going to make a lot of so called NHL experts look very stupid.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Exciting to witness it but expecations are still tempered. Oilers looked comically bad to start off Round 2 in 2022 but tooled the Flames the rest of the way.

22%20pkayoffs%20final%20score%20CALGARY%20G1.png
Oilers will win the series, but that was a good statement game

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Pretty typical Vancouver. They make you think they're going to lose the game doing dumb stuff, and then go bonkers and takeover it over for long stretches. Did it a couple times against the Preds. Pettersson still a no-show, and Silvos shows the downside of a rookie goalie in the playoffs.

Tocchet/Foote/Gonchar absolutely deserve credit, and Tocchet coach of the year, the Canucks are inconsistent offensively, but the defensive system is nuts.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Like I already said, Vancouver had by far the tougher opponent in the 1st round. Nashville put up one helluva fight against Vancouver. Edmonton didn’t even break a sweat against LA. Even Washington would have beat LA.

Nashville is a better team than LA for sure. That said, if you reverse the matchups, I'm not sure that Vancouver gets past LA despite Edmonton beating them with relative ease. Just the way certain styles and matchups go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad