Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
We knew Sutherland would do exactly what he did, long before the puck dropped.

Good to see Tocchet handle it so well, no wonder he is a lock for the Jack Adams:

No need to even mention the McDavid high stick on Hughes. Sadly, that stain will stick with McDavid for the rest of his career. Anyway, it's understandable why other teams are envious of the 'nucks coaching situation, where the team can also ice a shadow PK of Henrik, Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar. And did I mention Ian Clark. Oh, I just did.

Envy. It can lead to harsh words, so we shouldn't be surprised.
Too bad for that shadow PK, the Oilers have a shadow PP of Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Tikkanen and Coffey. Did I mention Canucks legend Messier… oh, I just did. 🤣🤣🤣

… and that stain on McDavids stick was wiped away when he went blocker side on that breakaway to tie the game.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Good article by Spec. Canucks fans have a weird fetish with complaining about refs. Their fanbase is stuck on celebrating coming in seclnd in 1994 and 2011.

Ah yes the unbiased Pulitzer Prize winning calibre Mark Spector……….maybe Gene Principe can add some additional intellectual insight in to the matter…….what a crew!

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is there any report on demko? I've been hearing game 5 from some people but I have not heard from insiders or anything.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
That would be like critiquing the clowns at the circus…..what’s the point…..

Probably a quarter of the posts in this thread consists of nucks fans whinning about the resfs, yet someone who says that nucks fans complain about the refs is a clown... I see

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Ah yes the unbiased Pulitzer Prize winning calibre Mark Spector……….maybe Gene Principe can add some additional intellectual insight in to the matter…….what a crew!
Spec is garbage, but broken clocks and blind squirrels.

Not sure why you’d take a shot at Principe, though. He’s the broadcast host, and he gets paid to be a bit of a goof. I doubt you have an adequate frame of reference to comment on his intellect. If you catch him away from Sportsnet, he’s a pretty reasoned guy.

Reactions: zar and nucks88

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast

Not sure why you’d take a shot at Principe, though. He’s the broadcast host, and he gets paid to be a bit of a goof. I doubt you have an adequate frame of reference to comment on his intellect. If you catch him away from Sportsnet, he’s a pretty reasoned guy.
That part was a bit of a joke……I realize he is unapologetically playing a character ………Spector is a whole different matter…..

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Do Oilers fans claim Ryan Whitney as their own? Guys a hack.
Reminds me of the obnoxious frat boy who is just there, didn't do jack shit but got an A on the group project. Man hasn't learned maturity since he left the NHL.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Reminds me of the obnoxious frat boy who is just there, didn't do jack shit but got an A on the group project. Man hasn't learned maturity since he left the NHL.
Not to mention he very publicly bailed on the team a third of the way into the season.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
That part was a bit of a joke……I realize he is unapologetically playing a character ………Spector is a whole different matter…..
And for the benefit of those who don’t follow him regularly, Spector isn’t an Oilers homer. He’s a pay-per-click troll who knows he’ll get engagement with articles like this, just like he does when he trashes the Oilers.

In both cases, there is probably some truth, but it’s sensationalized within an inch of its life.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I don’t think so(?), but I try to avoid any Barstool-adjacent commentary.

He could’ve been a special player, though, if not for the Foppa foot.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Response to Spector:

The Vancouver Canucks are zero wins in eight playoffs games all time in which Kelly Sutherland is an official: 0 for 8.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of the Oilers winning the draft lottery in three consecutive years (2012, 2011 and 2010) and then again in 2015.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of Spector understanding statistics.

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
Edmonton media call it like it is. They are either hated for it or loved for it. Every single Canucks crew, heck even Hockey night in punjabi- which is technically supposed to be neutral are all homering out for Vancouver. Canuck fans also crying about why they don't have more of "their" guys on broadcast networks. They are littered with them. If this keeps on going, Can't wait for the Oilers to put an end to this clownshow. Victim complex. Cringe cousin disease.

Waving the white towel is so fitting for Vancouver media. Crying foul acting like victims of conspiracy theories against them. Oilers really should be up 2-0 in this series. Unfortunately goaltending has let them down. If the goaltending is even average this series is over quick.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Edmonton media call it like it is. They are either hated for it or loved for it. Every single Canucks crew, heck even Hockey night in punjabi- which is technically supposed to be neutral are all homering out for Vancouver. Canuck fans also crying about why they don't have more of "their" guys on broadcast networks. They are littered with them. If this keeps on going, Can't wait for the Oilers to put an end to this clownshow. Victim complex. Cringe cousin disease.

Waving the white towel is so fitting for Vancouver media. Crying foul acting like victims of conspiracy theories against them. Oilers really should be up 2-0 in this series. Unfortunately goaltending has let them down. If the goaltending is even average this series is over quick.[/bold]
False, this is a 1-1 series any way you look at it

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Whitney is a bum. Dude has jumped on and off the wagon how many times now? Sounds more like a lower mainland Canucks fan to me :D

Waving the white towel is so fitting for Vancouver media. Crying foul acting like victims of conspiracy theories against them. Oilers really should be up 2-0 in this series. Unfortunately goaltending has let them down. If the goaltending is even average this series is over quick.
Edmonton media sucks the arsehole of management, so I don't know what you're talking about. None of them have the balls to call it like they see it.

If this is sarcasm, well done.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Response to Spector:

The Vancouver Canucks are zero wins in eight playoffs games all time in which Kelly Sutherland is an official: 0 for 8.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of the Oilers winning the draft lottery in three consecutive years (2012, 2011 and 2010) and then again in 2015.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of Spector understanding statistics.
Oilers didn't win the lottery in 2011. Not trying to detract from your point, Spector is a cockroach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad