Post-Game Talk: WCSF | Golden Knights def. Canucks - 5-3 - Lead Series 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Realistically, we did better than we thought we would this year. Obviously. We all said that Vegas was likely to win this series, and yet we act petulant when they prove us right?

That being said, I thought the Canucks could've won this game. We had our chances. Guys like Gaudette & Virtanen missed them. Put that on Miller or Pettersson's stick, that's in the net. It is what it is. Was glad to see Hughes have a better game, but still too many guys who did nothing tonight.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I wouldn’t pin all all the blame on Myers on that goal. But Sutter, yes. I am starting to seriously believe he needs ped’s (it was clearly a joke before) to even be a competent 4th liner. Since the Minny series he’s been this constantly gassed, exhausted player making dumb play after dumb play. First day of offseason he needs to be bought out...at like 12:01 am.
I've been REALLY hoping he could somehow revert back to when he was a solid defensive center *for us*. But that clearly isn't going to happen. As Tiger Williams said "he's done like dinner". It happens to *all* athletes.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
It's been a fun ride.

giphy.gif

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Scoring chances yes. Enough scoring chances? No. You need many to put more than a few pucks behind NHL goaltenders. They didn’t actually generate enough and they generated so much less than the Knights.

the underlying stats show one team with 60% possession and 70% of the scoring chances at ES. Even in what appears to be a somewhat even game or bad one from the Knights...they dominated.

night all.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Honestly, beating the cup champs and losing to the Stanley Cup favourites is a pretty good experience for the young guys. Wait for Podkolzin and Hoglander to come here

At the end of the day, this - but this game specifically really had the feeling of one that we had in hand and allowed to get away.

Still hockey to be played, but man. It sucks that we had two pretty solid efforts by the boys in Games 3 and 4, and both games saw themselves undone by a few moments of bad breakdowns and their chances being capitalized on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad