Post-Game Talk: WCSF GAME #2: Canucks 5, Knights 2 (Series tied 1 - 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Talk about possession, talk about shot attempts, talk about shots on goal. Sure, the Knights are the better team. Just like the Blues were, and maybe even the Wild were. But these Canucks don't care. They will block 50 shots a night if they have to. The Knights can throw them into the boards, run our stars behind the play, taunt and tease from the bench, but just like against St. Louis, our boys just get up, dust themselves off, have a laugh on the bench, and put a puck in the net on the next shift.

This Canucks team has an unbelievable amount of heart. I never thought I'd be seeing this sort of resilience from a team that took their foot of the gas, crumpled, and gave up leads all year long until now. Lose two in a row and think we're done? Gut out the next two. Down 3-1 in a pivotal game 5? Means nothing to these guys. This team is fighting for each other and they will win by any means necessary. Get your ugly goals, ride your goalie, take advantage of the man advantage. All that matters at the end of 60 minutes is who put more pucks in the net, and these guys just keep finding ways to be the ones who do so against all odds.

First regulation win against Vegas in franchise history down. 3 to go.

Last edited:

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Thank goodness!
Played great in the 1st period, dull and lazy in the 2nd, and was solid to bring home the victory.
Can we shitkick the moron(s) who made that delay of game call? What an dolt.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Ryan Reaves: 8:36 of ice time tonight.

Scoring early and often makes him largely ineffective. He can talk all he wants, all night long, we'll take the goals.

Tsn's box score shows Theodore playing 39 min lol. That can't be right.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
f***ers. Talking shit.

giphy.gif

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Talk about possession, talk about shot attempts, talk about shots on goal. Sure, the Knights are the better team. Just like the Blues were, and maybe even the Wild were. But these Canucks don't care. They will block 50 shots a night if they have to.

This Canucks team has an unbelievable amount of heart. I never thought I'd be seeing this sort of resilience from a team that took their foot of the gas, crumpled, and gave up leads all year long until now. This team is fighting for eachother and they will win by any means necessary.

First regulation win against Vegas in franchise history down. 3 to go.
Yeah, that's an underrated take away. Taken wayyyyyyy too long.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
You know what? I didn't think I'd say this after game 5, but with the team coming back the way it did in game 2, I think we might actually have a shot here.

The Canucks current run reminds me of the Habs in 2010 or the Senators in 2017. A team, that no one really expected to be in the mix of it, ending up making a deep run.

Hell, one of the closest the Canucks had been to the cup, was from a team that no one believed in, and who willed their win to the finals on the back of an unbelievable goaltending performance.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Man man man

I didn’t end up disliking any players from Minny or St Louis, but I can foresee myself finding some enemies on Vegas, but the reason for that is there are guys that will do anything to win, THIS IS THE TEST and we are passing it, that was a dominate game, not just one the scoreboard but in a lot of areas, THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL

Toffoli all day every day and twice on weekends baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad