Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
You gave up 7 goals in one game and are using that as a positive?
Sure it is. Do you prefer your goalie to give up 3 g per game or gave up most of the goals in one game and be great all other games? If my goalie is going to have a bad/average SV% and GAA I prefer that is because he really sucked in one game but the others be great and give the team a real good chance of winning. George has a SV% of .900 so far in the playoffs. He had a SV% of around .600 in the first game. He was at .939 the other 4 games. I much prefer that than him being .900 every game. That is a positive.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Dallas just came back from being down 0-2 against the defending cup champs and went to the trenches and back against the best blueline in the NHL and arguably one of the best systems in the NHL in Cassidys system. They will have no problem beating Colorado who isn’t anywhere as deep as Vegas up front or on the back end and are inferior in goal compared to Vegas.
I will never tire of your terrible hot takes.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dallas just came back from being down 0-2 against the defending cup champs and went to the trenches and back against the best blueline in the NHL and arguably one of the best systems in the NHL in Cassidys system. They will have no problem beating Colorado who isn’t anywhere as deep as Vegas up front or on the back end and are inferior in goal compared to Vegas.
Vegas' roster was every bit the wildcard team they ended up finishing as. Nothing deep about a team that is praying the likes of Michael Amadio and Brett Howden put up offense because their big boys can't.

• Haha
Reactions: ElGuapo

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Avs speed might be a big change of pace to what Dallas just faced for 7 games. That was a heavy slog of a series. Not saying Dallas can’t also play fast or won’t adjust. But this might be something that’s interesting to watch, especially at the beginning of the series.

The Avs speed was a problem for the Jets the entire series. They got to more lose pucks, which led to more possession, which led to a big SOG disparity.

It’s hard to get a read on this series. Dallas is very good and just beat a very talent laden team. So they’ve probably been doing a lot of things really well that likely makes things challenging for Colorado. Tonight in particular, Dallas was very effective disrupting Vegas passes with their sticks. Avs can overpass sometimes and try to be too precise.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Should be an amazing series, and I think the winner wins the cup. You got the amazing high end talent of Colorado vs the great forward depth of Dallas.

There's no wrong prediction here, but I'm going Stars in 7. The Avs are scarier when both teams are clicking on all cylinders, but I find the Stars more consistent and able to beat you in more ways. Plus they have the edge in net, though both goalies are obviously facing a much better offensive opponent than R1.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I think a lot of people are giving Vegas too much credit. Team looked slow as f*** this series. I expect this series to go 6-7 games. But not thinking Dallas is some juggernaut.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Benn & Seguin aren't the Stars best players tho why would they need to carry? They're complimentary depth pieces now
Replace with Benn/Seguin with Hintz/Robertson/Heiskanen/Wyatt in my comment then. And I come to similar conclusion. Whatever combination I just don’t think they can carry like MacK and Makar can.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I don't think taking 7 games to beat a 7 seed is ever cause for celebration. I don't care if that 7 seed is the Wayne Gretzky Oilers.

• Haha
Reactions: North Cole

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Our fan base will be ready to crucify Georgiev within the first 5 minutes of game 1.

Stars fan base does the same for Oettinger, lol.

1714970484055.png

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Ya, neither goalie had a good season based on previous showings, and both are playing with more confidence now. The edge goes to the Stars but I don't think the goaltending disparity is as big as people think given Oettinger's play this season.

Always hard to say, I don't think anyone had Georgiev being better than Hellebuyck in that series on their bingo card.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Always hard to say, I don't think anyone had Georgiev being better than Hellebuyck in that series on their bingo card.
I don't agree with this narrative though. Georgiev definitely stepped up his play but I don't think he was the better goalie. If the goalies were switched Georgiev would have been pulled most games and Helle probably pitches a SO or 2 for the Avs. The ice was heavily tilted, the Avs haven't been outplayed yet these playoffs.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Think Dallas in 6 or 7, they were hard to beat in regular season and got a boost when turned it around against the reigning champions, Impressive!

Colorado have some wheels, but the Jets wasnt good.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Replace with Benn/Seguin with Hintz/Robertson/Heiskanen/Wyatt in my comment then. And I come to similar conclusion. Whatever combination I just don’t think they can carry like MacK and Makar can.
But Dallas is a depth team, not a high end team like Colorado. Besides, this isn't the NBA, where the better high end team matters more. Don't get me wrong, the Avs high end talent is enough to win this series, but so is the Stars depth.

Is Colorado as good as Vegas?
Definitely better, though Vegas was better than their regular season standings due to their LTIR shenanigans. But had Vegas won tonight I would've picked Colorado to beat them, and I would've felt more confident in that pick than my Dallas prediction for the actual upcoming series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway