• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Kind of surprised to see people still underestimating the Avs.

Vegas is a good team, but don't nearly have the offensive weapons/system the Avs have, and because of their LTIR shenanigans they never really had time to gel as a team. Vegas looked pretty bad for large stretches of the series but still almost pulled it out.

Avs were firing on all cylinders against Winnipeg, and Dallas is basically built just like a better Jets team. They have better forwards and a little deeper on the blueline but thrive on a similar style of play - one we just saw the Avs skate circles around and eat alive.

Also the Avs have matched up well against the Stars during the regular season, they seem to have their number. I know that doesn't matter at this point and it will be a hard-fought series but similarly to the Jets I don't think the Stars have an answer for the top players of the Avs and they tilt the series in the Avs favour.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
So this is basically the WCF. Let's make the damn thing 1-8 in the playoffs. Tired of Pacific getting free WCF appearance.

Avs got dumped in the first round by a Pacific team just last year, so you must be still exhausted by that result.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
1714966862864.gif

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Stars have to shift into score a f***ing lot mode after a relatively defensive series. Avalanche have to become good at defense and their goalie needs to find something to hang onto. Avs might win on exhaustion but I think the stars are the more complete team and will win.

Reactions: roryjones

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Kind of surprised to see people still underestimating the Avs.

Vegas is a good team, but don't nearly have the offensive weapons/system the Avs have, and because of their LTIR shenanigans they never really had time to gel as a team. Vegas looked pretty bad for large stretches of the series but still almost pulled it out.

Avs were firing on all cylinders against Winnipeg, and Dallas is basically built just like a better Jets team. They have better forwards and a little deeper on the blueline but thrive on a similar style of play - one we just saw the Avs skate circles around and eat alive.

Also the Avs have matched up well against the Stars during the regular season, they seem to have their number. I know that doesn't matter at this point and it will be a hard-fought series but similarly to the Jets I don't think the Stars have an answer for the top players of the Avs and they tilt the series in the Avs favour.
I don’t underestimate the Avs at all. They have 2 of the top 5 players on the planet. I do disagree that Dallas is basically the jets. Dallas is a much deeper team that can produce far more offense than Winnipeg. The key to this series will be in your net. Georgiev is not someone the Avs can trust.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I think Dallas will win in 6.

Winnipeg was one of the worst playoff teams and Colorado feasted on them. Colorado still has an issue in goal. Jets offense was not good and still put up 14 goals in 5 games.
Keep in mind, half of that was in one game.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
You gave up 7 goals in one game and are using that as a positive?
Considering they outplayed the team that scored 7 and the results following... yes? It means the next 4 games the Jets only had 7 goals.. a bit of a bigger sample size.

The Avs didn't give up 7 goals, Georgiev did. Of course he's still a wild card but I have faith in Annunen if he needs to be called upon

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
A lot of the same things being said about the Stars were the same things being said about Winnipeg prior to that series. Defensive game, goaltending advantage, clog up the neutral zone, beat them during the regular season, balanced depth, yadda yadda. I respect the Stars and think it's going to be a great series. Just not sure it's tipped so heavily in Dallas' favor.

Is Colorado as good as Vegas?
Vegas looked SLOW in that series.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Is Colorado as good as Vegas?
Better

Keep in mind Dallas has a better offense than the jets and a ton of depth.
More offence, less defence. Goal differential between the two was 4 goals in favour of Dallas. 3 points separated these two teams in the standings. Let’s not pretend there is a major difference. The jets crapped the bed and that’s why they went out in rd 1, we’ll see how the Avs and stars match up soon enough.

Bold move, cotton
Improving your team defence from game to game isn’t too bold. More like smart move, cotton.

Reactions: Ncit3

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas just came back from being down 0-2 against the defending cup champs and went to the trenches and back against the best blueline in the NHL and arguably one of the best systems in the NHL in Cassidys system. They will have no problem beating Colorado who isn’t anywhere as deep as Vegas up front or on the back end and are inferior in goal compared to Vegas.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Dallas just came back from being down 0-2 against the defending cup champs and went to the trenches and back against the best blueline in the NHL and arguably one of the best systems in the NHL in Cassidys system. They will have no problem beating Colorado who isn’t anywhere as deep as Vegas up front or on the back end and are inferior in goal compared to Vegas.
Avs have the better back end imo compared to Vegas. As for the depth, lines 2, 3 and 4 were all great against Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad