Votes: 162 31.6%
  • Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Every team has shitty fans but he's right about the announcers. Every team announcer will be a bit bias throughout the program but the avs duo hit another level which is just painful to experience.
Oh they’re bad alright lol. I watch through Sportsnet+ so I don’t have them very often and that’s fortunate for me. I’ve stayed multiple times that I thought they are bottom 3 in the league for announcers. Someone said they even mentioned last game that George is their mvp so far.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Definitely easier to accept "bad faith" when the Vegas is out already.
100%.

I cant remember if it was a tabloid or some serious media in Finland, but they put it right anyway: There is more finnish NHL players in this series than there will be in the WC roster for Finland, so for me this is a treat because i like both teams hahah.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
100%.

I cant remember if it was a tabloid or some serious media in Finland, but they put it right anyway: There is more finnish NHL players in this series than there will be in the WC roster for Finland, so for me this is a treat because i like both teams hahah.
Dont tell anyone but i actually like watching Colorado, i know its not something a Wings fan should say, but i really like the team not only Moose and Lehky, MacKinnon is #1 for me right now, Nichuskin is the most underrated player in the league and Makar is the best defender in the league.

I swear Landeskog will return for finals and will score the cup winning goal by deflecting it in with his ass while screening the goalie, i wanna believe!

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
FTFY since any complaining about officiating is considered whining to Avs fans. :D

You're dealing with a fan base that hears about it every damn game, that's why. Avs fans can't show up on a game thread outside their own board without people complaining of supposedly unfair reffing.

The Avs play an uptempo game that draws penalties, their power play is usually good for at least one and refs have heavy game management. So usually that means Avs get PP opportunities either that they draw or that they get 'gifted' in return. But they also take advantage of those chances better than most.

The real tragedy imo is when fans can't see the forest thru the trees. Thinking their team is favored or unfavored. Refs in the NHL almost unanimously call the game evenly to minimize their own exposure to poor officiating. In period one I remember posting after Stars got a punch of PPs that the Avs would get theirs soon and everyone would be upset that the refs tilted the ice. And I'm far from Nostradomus.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
No he didn't. The 2nd angle shows clearly what happened, the stick clearly knocked his right leg out. Even the guy ESPN brought in to compliment the officials didn't agree.

If your retort is "yeah well they missed this and missed that" then you're not really saying I'm wrong.
Beg to differ. A one-handed whack on the shin followed immediately by the Colorado d-man's WTH reaction said alot. Hintz is well over 200 lbs,went down way to easily. It was embellished.

BTW one of the refs working the game had the highest home team win rate of all the refs in the league in games he worked.

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I thought it was interesting when looking at stats that Colorado and Dallas are the two top teams in xGF% these playoffs. Shows how well Dallas played Vegas despite it going the distance.

I think with that in mind it is unlikely that Dallas continues to get outplayed at 5 on 5 to the degree that they did in game 1 and that game 2 will look a lot different. Dallas is not a team that’s going to get out-chanced 2:1 for an entire series like they did in game 1

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
nah, this started before the series. plenty of avs posters coming here to tell us why it's an absolute mismatch and the stars were gonna get run out of the building. like the last 82 games are meaningless.

at this level, it's not ever black and white or simple. you have two great teams split by thin margins, and very small things can tip the balance. whether that's matchups, officiating, hot streaks, injuries.. it's just SO close. and the arrogance of trying to act like the stars don't belong here is more than off putting.

that has the makings of a fantastic wednesday evening, thanks for the idea!
Don’t be so thin skinned, everyone says we’re gonna lose etc. it’s hf

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Pretty even series and a fair 1-1 split

Period 1.1: Dallas
Period 1.2: Colorado
Period 1.3: Colorado
Period 2.1: Dallas
Period 2.2: Dallas
Period 2.3: Colorado

(Dallas owned OT in game 1, but it didn’t mean much, obviously)

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
One thing is for sure, this COL/DAL series is the Western Conference finals because the two Canadian teams are complete ass lmao.
You realize Demko is almost ready and is better than any goalie left in the west right? Judging Vancouver with their AHL goalie vs having Demko is night and day.

But I get it, your upset knowing shit goaltending likely sees your season being over and need to make it look like if you had gotten by Dallas you would have won. Sad!

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
You realize Demko is almost ready and is better than any goalie left in the west right? Judging Vancouver with their AHL goalie vs having Demko is night and day.

But I get it, your upset knowing shit goaltending likely sees your season being over and need to make it look like if you had gotten by Dallas you would have won. Sad!
lmao worry about getting past the Oilers before you trump in here thinking you'll mop the floor with either of these teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad