Series Talk: WCSF: Colorado Avalanche (C3) vs Dallas Stars (C1) | Stars win 4-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Winner Winner?

• Col in 4

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Col in 5

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Col in 6

Votes: 76 49.7%
  • Col in 7

• Dal in 4

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Dal in 5

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I'm still absolutely livid about this series and how it all unfolded. To me this is a lot worse than last year and worse than 2021, 2020 and 2019.

I think we had the team to go all the way even if we had a 39 year old on our 2nd line for a few rounds because Drouin was going to return.

After taking game #1 on the road and playing poorly in Game #2, then playing well in Games #3 but getting goalied in that game, Drouin was all set to come back - finally we were going to have a solid Top-6 and then we got 'pearl harbored' with the f***ing news of the suspension hours before taking the ice. f***ing godam horseshit.

Even still, even with all that f***ing shit - we still managed to win game #5 on the road and the series was still up for grabs with Hintz being injured and Tanev being softened up significantly.

All we needed to do was dump it into Tanev's corner every single time he's on the ice and make sure we hit him hard. None of that happened...there was no game plan of anything similar at all.

That's on Bednar. This whole 'turn the other cheek' approach to HOCKEY is laughable especially since he was a goon when he played what, 46,000 games in the ECHL.

The kind of crap where that assface jamie benn takes a run at one of your best D and nothing happens - cannot continue. The league certainly has their favourites so they ain't gonna do nothing about it and like I said before, it shouldn't even have been retribution on #14 but - oops, sorry Miro - when your lying on the ice screaming "why? why?" holding your knee like Nancy Kerrigan - you can ask your lowlife captain why.

I actually like Bednar as a coach but his lease as Avs coach is probably nearing its expiration date especially if he can't use the assets that were brought in properly :

Parise - brought in as 4th line depth - massively overused because apparently he couldn't trust anyone else on that 2nd line (not that he actually tried anything else).

Trenin - brought in as a defensive player that hits and is hard to play against. He was used sparingly as 4th line C even thought he's probably a winger. Was good in some games in the 1st round but never really used the way he was supposed to - to wear down the opposition's D. Probably too concerned with 'playing the system's and not get out of position.

Duhaime - brought in as a player that hits and is hard to play against. Was used very sparingly and didn't have much of an impact at all. Bednar probably too scared he'd take too many penalties. Waste of a 3rd round pick.

Walker - started out fitting in extremely well with the team and the system and somehow gradually got worse as time went on.

I mean, I think CMac did a great job getting players that were going to be really tough to play against to grind down the other team, especially early in the series but they weren't used that way. So then, what the f*** is the point - if Bednar is going to NOT use them the way they were intended to be used? Just get a bunch of Matt Nieto's to take up space and skate around and play your system without really doing anything then and don't pay draft picks to acquire players - these kinds of guys are fully available every single summer. Get 3 or 4 - stash them in the AHL with large % guarantees and actually get some depth.

All-in-all, I feel that this team has underachieved with Bednar as coach when you take into consideration the quality of the roster. I rarely ever get the feeling - wow, we adjusted to what the other team is doing and we're really taking over. It's more - there is a system in place and it needs to be played to near perfection and if so, we are really tough to beat. If not, we are in trouble. Other coaches aren't stupid, they'll gameplan around that and force us to play a type of game that goes outside of that and then we are f***ed because there doesn't seem to be a backup plan.

Give me a coach that can seemingly make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Stuff like - Brad Marchand is out - well I will somehow make Danton Heinen be a viable player in the top-6, not just play Pastrnak more.

This is not all on Bedsy and I will be forever grateful for the 2022 Cup run but a guy like David Carle is certainly someone who I'd love for the Avs to bring in. Two championships in 3 years and they were supposed to get crushed this year too... the kind of coach that can take down 'goliath' not the kind of coach who is coaching 'Goliath' to first and second round exits.

Sorry for the long post, just so still mad/disappointed.
Biggest disappointment for me is Walker. We heard so much how he played alot of ES and PK minutes in Philly. I think he was one of the top dman with zone exits if I remember correctly. I thought that's great we have a puck moving dman that is great at zone exits and defensively responsible. We've got none of that in the playoffs. He was nothing more than another Sammy G small dman that have trouble winning board battles and getting outmuscled in coverage. FYI I thought Girard was good in these playoffs I'm more alluding his overall game.

At this point I think we needed another dman that can play defensively block shots, hit, strong along the boards and in coverage. Could you imagine if we got Tanev instead of Walker? Damn !! Freaking RyJo :laugh:

Hard to blame Bednar with how this unfolded. Losing Toews and Nuke is a massive blow for any team. I think someone compared this with Oilers roster when they said it's like losing Hyman (best goalscorer in the PO back then) and Ekholm (top pairing defensive dman). Also losing Drouin in the last regular season game which was meaningless hurts alot. I want to blame Bednar on this one but I think players wanted to play and that's something you can't see coming. Either way if there were players that would've been scratched for safety it would've probably been Mack, Makar, Mikko, Mitts and Toews.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm still absolutely livid about this series and how it all unfolded. To me this is a lot worse than last year and worse than 2021, 2020 and 2019.

I think we had the team to go all the way even if we had a 39 year old on our 2nd line for a few rounds because Drouin was going to return.

After taking game #1 on the road and playing poorly in Game #2, then playing well in Games #3 but getting goalied in that game, Drouin was all set to come back - finally we were going to have a solid Top-6 and then we got 'pearl harbored' with the f***ing news of the suspension hours before taking the ice. f***ing godam horseshit.

Even still, even with all that f***ing shit - we still managed to win game #5 on the road and the series was still up for grabs with Hintz being injured and Tanev being softened up significantly.

All we needed to do was dump it into Tanev's corner every single time he's on the ice and make sure we hit him hard. None of that happened...there was no game plan of anything similar at all.

That's on Bednar. This whole 'turn the other cheek' approach to HOCKEY is laughable especially since he was a goon when he played what, 46,000 games in the ECHL.

The kind of crap where that assface jamie benn takes a run at one of your best D and nothing happens - cannot continue. The league certainly has their favourites so they ain't gonna do nothing about it and like I said before, it shouldn't even have been retribution on #14 but - oops, sorry Miro - when your lying on the ice screaming "why? why?" holding your knee like Nancy Kerrigan - you can ask your lowlife captain why.

I actually like Bednar as a coach but his lease as Avs coach is probably nearing its expiration date especially if he can't use the assets that were brought in properly :

Parise - brought in as 4th line depth - massively overused because apparently he couldn't trust anyone else on that 2nd line (not that he actually tried anything else).

Trenin - brought in as a defensive player that hits and is hard to play against. He was used sparingly as 4th line C even thought he's probably a winger. Was good in some games in the 1st round but never really used the way he was supposed to - to wear down the opposition's D. Probably too concerned with 'playing the system's and not get out of position.

Duhaime - brought in as a player that hits and is hard to play against. Was used very sparingly and didn't have much of an impact at all. Bednar probably too scared he'd take too many penalties. Waste of a 3rd round pick.

Walker - started out fitting in extremely well with the team and the system and somehow gradually got worse as time went on.

I mean, I think CMac did a great job getting players that were going to be really tough to play against to grind down the other team, especially early in the series but they weren't used that way. So then, what the f*** is the point - if Bednar is going to NOT use them the way they were intended to be used? Just get a bunch of Matt Nieto's to take up space and skate around and play your system without really doing anything then and don't pay draft picks to acquire players - these kinds of guys are fully available every single summer. Get 3 or 4 - stash them in the AHL with large % guarantees and actually get some depth.

All-in-all, I feel that this team has underachieved with Bednar as coach when you take into consideration the quality of the roster. I rarely ever get the feeling - wow, we adjusted to what the other team is doing and we're really taking over. It's more - there is a system in place and it needs to be played to near perfection and if so, we are really tough to beat. If not, we are in trouble. Other coaches aren't stupid, they'll gameplan around that and force us to play a type of game that goes outside of that and then we are f***ed because there doesn't seem to be a backup plan.

Give me a coach that can seemingly make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Stuff like - Brad Marchand is out - well I will somehow make Danton Heinen be a viable player in the top-6, not just play Pastrnak more.

This is not all on Bedsy and I will be forever grateful for the 2022 Cup run but a guy like David Carle is certainly someone who I'd love for the Avs to bring in. Two championships in 3 years and they were supposed to get crushed this year too... the kind of coach that can take down 'goliath' not the kind of coach who is coaching 'Goliath' to first and second round exits.

Sorry for the long post, just so still mad/disappointed.

I'm with you brother guy. I'm still very upset myself and agree 100% with you. Dallas played their game and we failed to adjust to counter it. Shit result.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bednar definitely deserves some blame here, but I think most of the damage was done in the regular season. A total lack of quality depth coupled with shoddy goaltending overextended the stars of this team, and they were just plain worn out by the time the postseason started.

Also, I know people don't want to hear this but...Georgiev was certainly not entirely to blame but he also just wasn't good enough either. Too many times his abysmal rebound control got the team in trouble and it was almost assured the puck was going in once a scrum ensued. He was far too panicky and floppy in those instances and it can't continue. What solution is there...I don't know to be honest, but there's a narrative going around that Georgiev has been Fourgiven and I'm not there. He played a LARGE part in this team not being ready for the postseason, I don't care what the narrative is as far as his bounceback performance in the postseason--keep in mind a big reason why he looked so good in the Winnipeg series was because he was hardly challenged.

Bednar definitely needed to make some more adjustments, and I also think he needs to make some overall adjustments to his system. I get that this was the best offensive team in hockey but there are simply too many times a big fat rebound was sitting there in the slot area and NO ONE was there to pounce on it. This team just isn't comfortable playing dump-and-chase, below-the-goal-line, scrum in the net-type of offense. It takes way too long to get them to make those adjustments. Not a coincidence that this team struggles in the postseason the minute they lose both of their best net-front guys.

And lastly, I'm not letting this one go--the penalty kill was an abomination this year. Part of that was due to a bad system, part of it was due to personnel, and part of it was due to goaltending. They have GOT to revamp it and make it much more aggressive and spread out. Too often guys on the point are given a calendar year to set up a shot from distance and Avs goalies, whether their name is Grubauer or Georgiev, are particularly bad at tracking the puck through traffic. It simply has to change.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't think they were tired when they started the Dallas series. They just had a full week of rest. IMO what did them in was playing from behind all the time. Dallas played them so well with the lead that the Avs had to push so hard all the time to get back in the games that they got tired very quickly and by game 4, combined with the bad news about Nuke and Toews, they were pretty well done. They had a last great effort in game 5 but by then it was too late. The damage was done physically. Obviously being overplayed through the season didn't help but continuously playing from behind in my mind was the major factor.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar definitely deserves some blame here, but I think most of the damage was done in the regular season. A total lack of quality depth coupled with shoddy goaltending overextended the stars of this team, and they were just plain worn out by the time the postseason started.

Also, I know people don't want to hear this but...Georgiev was certainly not entirely to blame but he also just wasn't good enough either. Too many times his abysmal rebound control got the team in trouble and it was almost assured the puck was going in once a scrum ensued. He was far too panicky and floppy in those instances and it can't continue. What solution is there...I don't know to be honest, but there's a narrative going around that Georgiev has been Fourgiven and I'm not there. He played a LARGE part in this team not being ready for the postseason, I don't care what the narrative is as far as his bounceback performance in the postseason--keep in mind a big reason why he looked so good in the Winnipeg series was because he was hardly challenged.

Bednar definitely needed to make some more adjustments, and I also think he needs to make some overall adjustments to his system. I get that this was the best offensive team in hockey but there are simply too many times a big fat rebound was sitting there in the slot area and NO ONE was there to pounce on it. This team just isn't comfortable playing dump-and-chase, below-the-goal-line, scrum in the net-type of offense. It takes way too long to get them to make those adjustments. Not a coincidence that this team struggles in the postseason the minute they lose both of their best net-front guys.

And lastly, I'm not letting this one go--the penalty kill was an abomination this year. Part of that was due to a bad system, part of it was due to personnel, and part of it was due to goaltending. They have GOT to revamp it and make it much more aggressive and spread out. Too often guys on the point are given a calendar year to set up a shot from distance and Avs goalies, whether their name is Grubauer or Georgiev, are particularly bad at tracking the puck through traffic. It simply has to change.
2 offseason mistakes that are at the root of most problems:

1- The RyJo trade, which lead to no 2nd line which lead to Mack playing too much.

2- Francouz telling the Avs last summer that he was retiring and they did nothing. Which lead to Georgiev having no backup goalie so he played way too much as well.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

1- The RyJo trade, which lead to no 2nd line which lead to Mack playing too much.

2- Francouz telling the Avs last summer that he was retiring and they did nothing. Which lead to Georgiev having no backup goalie so he played way too much as well.
I'd say these were bigger issues:

1. Bednar has no plan B other than skate harder. The Avs need more out of their collective coaching group. The PP continues to struggle with gaining entry into the zone and the PK is garbage, entirely too passive. New ACs are so badly needed but probably not in the future.
2. Mikko was unable to carry a second line.
3. I won't blame RyJo for Bednar over-playing players. He does it no matter how good his depth is. He'll absolutely run his dogs into the ground unless they beg him to stop.
4. I think the problem with the goaltending was not getting Jussi more starts early in the season as well as later. Georgiev's mentality might not take well with someone challenging him for starts, but he's surely got to be okay with a regular rotation for a backup to keep fresh and ready. Bednar needs to plan on playing his backup regularly. Sure they could've looked for another backup but was there really anyone out there significantly better than Justice for a reasonable trade?

Reactions: S E P H

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Speaking about this...they may still lose in the end but to me it's crazy to watch the Oilers do to the Stars exactly what we couldn't do. That's on coaching more than on the players.
I keep waffling on this because I don't know what went on in the locker-room. But Bednar did call his players stubborn more than once in post-game interviews.

What was that about? Was he in fact trying to get them to chip and chase and they refused? Or was he talking about something different all together?

Regardless, I think he needs to have more than one system and they both need to be played regularly in season so they can switch up in the playoffs when necessary. Even if Bednar was trying to get them to change the system in the Dallas series, springing a new system on the players in the playoffs isn't the right move. He needs to have them doing this regularly at points thru the entire season so they have the confidence and competency to play that way.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I keep waffling on this because I don't know what went on in the locker-room. But Bednar did call his players stubborn more than once in post-game interviews.

What was that about? Was he in fact trying to get them to chip and chase and they refused? Or was he talking about something different all together?

Regardless, I think he needs to have more than one system and they both need to be played regularly in season so they can switch up in the playoffs when necessary. Even if Bednar was trying to get them to change the system in the Dallas series, springing a new system on the players in the playoffs isn't the right move. He needs to have them doing this regularly at points thru the entire season so they have the confidence and competency to play that way.
I wish I could find the exact quote but shortly before round 1 in a presser Bednar laughed at a question and answered something like "people think you can change the game plan, that's not how it works. All you can do is stay focused and try harder."

And at the end of game 6 he said that he was proud of every single one of them because they left everything they had. They were all extra exhausted despite the 1 week of rest before round 2.

That's like getting stuck knee deep in wet cement with someone screaming at you to run faster.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wish I could find the exact quote but shortly before round 1 in a presser Bednar laughed at a question and answered something like "people think you can change the game plan, that's not how it works. All you can do is stay focused and try harder."

And at the end of game 6 he said that he was proud of every single one of them because they left everything they had. They were all extra exhausted despite the 1 week of rest before round 2.

That's like getting stuck knee deep in wet cement with someone screaming at you to run faster.
I'm not certain that Bednar is a problem. But I think it is plainly obvious some changes are necessary. Can that be accomplished with the current group? I am highly skeptical of that. Bednar was just given an extension. He's fairly safe, but I still think the right move is to remove his assistants and go fish. Allow him to hire one and CMac/Sakic needs to provide him with the other.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar can say anything he wants, but in the playoffs, specially in later rounds, if you don’t have 4 lines you can trust and put out there all game, you’re not gonna last simple as that. Avs didn’t have that. He couldn’t trust his 3rd and 4th lines defensively, specially the 4th line

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Bednar can say anything he wants, but in the playoffs, specially in later rounds, if you don’t have 4 lines you can trust and put out there all game, you’re not gonna last simple as that. Avs didn’t have that. He couldn’t trust his 3rd and 4th lines defensively, specially the 4th line
I have a feeling Bednar will never trust his third and fourth lines very much.

I think he's just the kind of coach that will drive his dogs into the ground unless they beg him to stop. And I've never seen a hockey player worth a shit that has asked his coach to play him less.

It shouldn't be up to the players to police the ice time. That's on the coach and Bednar has failed for several years in a row on this. I believe this is because he is disinterested in implementing any plan that doesn't require Nate/Makar level of skating at 100% to succeed. It's his albatross.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Bednar is simply a coach that thinks he should overpower other teams. DeBoer is a coach that believes in adjusting to what is happening, being flexible. Both have their place, but we clearly see the limitations Bednar’s philosophy has.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I have a feeling Bednar will never trust his third and fourth lines very much.

I think he's just the kind of coach that will drive his dogs into the ground unless they beg him to stop. And I've never seen a hockey player worth a shit that has asked his coach to play him less.

It shouldn't be up to the players to police the ice time. That's on the coach and Bednar has failed for several years in a row on this. I believe this is because he is disinterested in implementing any plan that doesn't require Nate/Makar level of skating at 100% to succeed. It's his albatross.
We rolled 4 lines in the cup year. Every line was defensively responsible and we got big goals from 3rd and 4th lines like JTC and Helm etc…

If we had LOC, at least he would make the 3rd line more defensive and Bednar could play them more, but our 4th line was non existent without Trenin

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We rolled 4 lines in the cup year. Every line was defensively responsible and we got big goals from 3rd and 4th lines like JTC and Helm etc…

If we had LOC, at least he would make the 3rd line more defensive and Bednar could play them more, but our 4th line was non existent without Trenin
We can disagree all day long about this. But there were opportunities to play the third and fourth line a lot more than we did. I'm not saying they would have scored. But they could have treaded water and not gotten scored on. This would have allowed a few more minutes per game for the top guys to get a breather and be that much fresher for the pushes we need.

I'm really starting to sour on both Bednar and Mikko the further I think about our future.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We can disagree all day long about this. But there were opportunities to play the third and fourth line a lot more than we did. I'm not saying they would have scored. But they could have treaded water and not gotten scored on. This would have allowed a few more minutes per game for the top guys to get a breather and be that much fresher for the pushes we need.

I'm really starting to sour on both Bednar and Mikko the further I think about our future.
I mean in Bednar’s defense, he had an AHL center in Wagner, Cogs who should probably retire,and Duhaime as the 4th line. I wouldn’t trust that line either

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I mean in Bednar’s defense, he had an AHL center in Wagner, Cogs who should probably retire,and Duhaime as the 4th line. I wouldn’t trust that line either
Not a line that I expect to score. But it is a line capable of more than 5 minutes of even strength time.

In the playoffs, at even strength:

MacKinnon - 234:10 TOI. vs Mittelstadt - 183:21 vs Colton - 132:19 and Trenin - 88.25.

At all strengths it looks like this:

MacKinnon - 270:42 vs Mittelstadt - 191:33 vs Colton - 142:09 and Trenin - 105:55.

Yes they are all played in the right order, but those minutes are f***ed. If we want our top guys to play like the world beaters they are Bednar needs to keep them fresher. This is all on him and his "system".

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I’m less concerned with the playoff minutes than I am with the regular season. For spurts guys can be over played, but when you’re 2-3 minutes over all season, that tank is just empty. Avs have plenty of work to do this summer to fix that.

Reactions: GeoRox89

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I’m less concerned with the playoff minutes than I am with the regular season. For spurts guys can be over played, but when you’re 2-3 minutes over all season, that tank is just empty. Avs have plenty of work to do this summer to fix that.
Regular Season at 5v5:
MacKinnon - 1386:22 vs Colton - 933:39 vs Johanson - 686:30 vs Cogs - 615:07 (most of these were at wing though) vs Mitts - 241:46 vs Trenin - 167:16.

Last edited:
Reactions: henchman21

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yeah, their rather careless approach toward goaltending depth (lest we forget the f***ing Hunter Miska disaster) has led to a lot of issues. Agreed on all fronts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We pounded this drum all year long. Bednar just doesn't get it. If people want to see just how egregious it is, consider this:

Jason Robertson led Dallas at 18:19 per game this season while MacKinnon led us at 22:49. That's a 4:30 minutes difference per game. If you allocate that towards an entire season of MacKinnon's average, he played the equivalent of SIXTEEN MORE REGULAR SEASON GAMES than Jason Robertson did.

And we wonder why he looked beyond exhausted come the playoffs.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We pounded this drum all year long. Bednar just doesn't get it. If people want to see just how egregious it is, consider this:

Jason Robertson led Dallas at 18:19 per game this season while MacKinnon led us at 22:49. That's a 4:30 minutes difference per game. If you allocate that towards an entire season of MacKinnon's average, he played the equivalent of SIXTEEN MORE REGULAR SEASON GAMES than Jason Robertson did.

And we wonder why he looked beyond exhausted come the playoffs.
You make it sound like Bednar just chose to overplay his stars and DeBoer didn’t. There’s a big difference here. DeBoer had the luxury of depth. Bednar didn’t.

There were very clear instances where Bednar was trying like hell to keep his stars on the bench, but invariably shitty goaltending and/or poor play from anyone not named MacKinnon would put them in a hole and he’d have to ice all his best guys to pull off yet another comeback.

As I’ve said before there ARE things Bednar could do differently in order to lighten the load on his stars (see: penalty kill) but otherwise I don’t see what else he could’ve done. Hopefully having an actual 2C in the fold will alleviate most of the problem.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You make it sound like Bednar just chose to overplay his stars and DeBoer didn’t. There’s a big difference here. DeBoer had the luxury of depth. Bednar didn’t.

There were very clear instances where Bednar was trying like hell to keep his stars on the bench, but invariably shitty goaltending and/or poor play from anyone not named MacKinnon would put them in a hole and he’d have to ice all his best guys to pull off yet another comeback.

As I’ve said before there ARE things Bednar could do differently in order to lighten the load on his stars (see: penalty kill) but otherwise I don’t see what else he could’ve done. Hopefully having an actual 2C in the fold will alleviate most of the problem.
This just isn't true. Just take a look at these ice times:

2nd game of the season vs San Jose: 25:38
December 2nd @ Anaheim: 29:35 (!!!)
December 7th vs Winnipeg: 25:01
December 11th vs Calgary: 26:19
December 16th @ Winnipeg: 25:38 (this was a blowout loss)
January 8th vs Boston: 30:22

Even post-TDL with all the depth added in Mittelstadt, Trenin, Duhaime, and Parise he played 24+ minutes in 8 of the 18 games. If we lower the threshold to 21+ because 24 is just asinine for a forward, he did that in 12 of the 18 games.

What is the reason for this? Bednar doesn't NEED to do this. The Oilers were guilty of this for YEARS and coaches would rightfully get called out for not playing the bottom six very much yet expecting them to play well in their limited minutes as they sit their asses on the bench most of the game.

The regular season does not matter. A game a month randomly if you want to extend him be my guest. But over and over and over again - enough already. Stars on other teams without depth aren't playing as much as MacKinnon and Rantanen. It has to end.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
The two forwards with the highest minutes played in the regular season in the entire league.

1. Rantanen
2. MacKinnon

Have a good long summer boys. Enjoy some f***ing rest and MacK go grab some thrashy food you need it.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad