Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Game 4 is a must win. And I think we do it. Going 2-2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 3-1 would likely be insurmountable. We won once in Dallas we could do it again.

Last night's game was frustrating. Not just because of the loss. But there was mostly a good effort but we were so out of sync. Bumping into each other; passes being off target; passes being too hard or too soft; so many awful offsides; failures to clear the zone. The energy was also lacking in the third. I know Dallas stacked things up at their blue line to disrupt us, but half the time we dumped there was no chase. We would trip over ourselves on the neutral zone. Communication seemed lacking most of the night.

We don't often play like that. I think we were mostly in our own way. Dallas did a great job of disrupting things too, so they deserve credit. But they didn't cause sloppy play during our breakouts or mack to fire a pass so hard at makars skates that it knocked him over.

It really wasn't our night at all. Monday has to be better and cleaner. I think it will be.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Idk if it's as simple as scoring first. Dallas is 4-2 when scoring first, 2-2 when allowing the first goal.

It would help, yes, but Dallas doesn't seem like a team that gets phased playing from behind.

Watching last night's game gave me a strange feeling that these Stars look like us in 2022 and we look like that year's 2nd round version of the Blues.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This just feels like a 7 game series where Avs come up short again in game 7. We are like 0-6 in game 7s since 2001 I believe, while DeBoer sold his soul to the devil to win every single game 7

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This just feels like a 7 game series where Avs come up short again in game 7. We are like 0-6 in game 7s since 2001 I believe, while DeBoer sold his soul to the devil to win every single game 7
Honestly there's nothing in the first 3 games that lead me to believe that we can make it to game 7 in the first place.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Honestly there's nothing in the first 3 games that lead me to believe that we can make it to game 7 in the first place.
Every game has been a close game so far. OT and one goal games. Although Avs have been coming from behind in every game and that’s what the problem is. If we can maybe score the 1st goal it might help, but win tomorrow, we at least guarantee another game in Denver. Bednar needs to make some adjustments for sure

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Every game has been a close game so far. OT and one goal games. Although Avs have been coming from behind in every game and that’s what the problem is. If we can maybe score the 1st goal it might help, but win tomorrow, we at least guarantee another game in Denver. Bednar needs to make some adjustments for sure
Game one we were trailing 3-0, got dominated in OT until Wood pulled a once-in-a-career move to win in OT. That's not something that will happen again.

Game two we were trailing 4-0 despite Georgiev having a great game

Game three we were trailing 2-1, at home, and didn't show up in the 3rd.

So yeah, we're lucky it isn't 3-0 and I'm not optimistic at the moment that we can win another game, let alone two.

Last edited:
Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Game one we were trailing 3-0, got dominated in OT until Wood pulled a once-in-a-career move to win in OT. That's not something that will happen again.

So yeah, we're lucky it isn't 3-0 and I'm not optimistic at the moment that we can win another game, let alone two.
That’s a fair concern. No argument there, but if this team wants to have a chance at winning this series they have to suck it up and win tomorrow because I’m sure they know if they go down 1-3 against that team, they’re not coming back.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Not great, but I thought the effort was there. Hard to beat Oettinger lately.
Obviously this changes the dynamics for game 4.
There's no panic as yet, but it's worrying that the Avs have always been a step behind this entire series.
Effort is there, but even though they were trying last night they were unwilling to battle. No compete. All dump and no chase.

If they aren’t willing to pay the price this series is over.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Don't just ignore all context from game 1. Colorado deserved to win that game. The correct team won, even given a 3-0 defecit.

This series is rightly 2-1.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Don't just ignore all context from game 1. Colorado deserved to win that game. The correct team won, even given a 3-0 defecit.

This series is rightly 2-1.

Colorado was the better club last night too. I know there’s a lot of frustration over the lack of push in the 3rd, but the Avs were certainly the better club last night.

Game two was a well earned loss.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Colorado was the better club last night too. I know there’s a lot of frustration over the lack of push in the 3rd, but the Avs were certainly the better club last night.

Game two was a well earned loss.
I'd disagree that they were better last night. I thought Colorado was better in the 1st by a lot, then only marginally better in the 2nd, but Dallas curb stomped us in the 3rd and put the clamps on every single player. A well deserved win.

Had the Avs looked in the 3rd like they did in the first 40 minutes then I'd be singing a different tune, but I think after the Nichushkin post it was all Dallas.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The more I think about it this is a total Muhammad Ali rope-a-dope situation. Some here think we’ve outplayed the stars I totally disagree. Don’t let some extra zone time and shots fool you. They sit back let us chase our tail with meaningless and non dangerous chances then strike opportunistically. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. Avs look lost and have not had control at any point in this series. Playing right into their game plan.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Game 1

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 12.13.32 PM.png

Game 2

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 12.14.05 PM.png

Game 3

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 12.14.34 PM.png

These match the eye test to me. We are actually unlucky to be 1-2 down in the series. I'm surprised last night's is so high as we were very out of sync all night. But we had the zone time, we had the possession and the share of shots you'd expect to lead to a win.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The more I think about it this is a total Muhammad Ali rope-a-dope situation. Some here think we’ve outplayed the stars I totally disagree. Don’t let some extra zone time and shots fool you. They sit back let us chase our tail with meaningless and non dangerous chances then strike opportunistically. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. Avs look lost and have not had control at any point in this series. Playing right into their game plan.

Carolina redux.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Game 1

View attachment 869325

Game 2

View attachment 869326

Game 3

View attachment 869327

These match the eye test to me. We are actually unlucky to be 1-2 down in the series. I'm surprised last night's is so high as we were very out of sync all night. But we had the zone time, we had the possession and the share of shots you'd expect to lead to a win.
A lot of the shots that in last night’s game were harmless. Easy shots for Oettinger to save. Wouldn’t that impact this “Deserve To Win O’Meter”?

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I'd disagree that they were better last night. I thought Colorado was better in the 1st by a lot, then only marginally better in the 2nd, but Dallas curb stomped us in the 3rd and put the clamps on every single player. A well deserved win.

Had the Avs looked in the 3rd like they did in the first 40 minutes then I'd be singing a different tune, but I think after the Nichushkin post it was all Dallas.

They played a defensively great 3rd, but it’s not like they were getting lots of chances. I don’t know how you come away from game 2, thinking Dallas outplayed Colorado.

Dallas didn’t get many good looks last night tbh, they just happened to capitalize on two and Colorado only could finish on one.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
A lot of the shots that in last night’s game were harmless. Easy shots for Oettinger to save. Wouldn’t that impact this “Deserve To Win O’Meter”?

What it is saying is we got goalied. Oettinger saved 2.49 goals above expected. While George saved 0.14 above expected. So both goalies played well, just Oettinger stole the game for the Stars.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They played a defensively great 3rd, but it’s not like they were getting lots of chances. I don’t know how you come away from game 2, thinking Dallas outplayed Colorado.

Dallas didn’t get many good looks last night tbh, they just happened to capitalize on two and Colorado only could finish on one.
I felt as though the looks Dallas got in the 3rd were as good as any Colorado got last night. Add to that they were phenomenal defensively. They were the clear better team in my eyes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All I know is the Avs need to figure it out. Doesn't matter how. It's not just about them anymore, it's for the league. The trap last night was similar to watching the Mavs/Thunder game earlier in the afternoon when OKC was chasing Lively around to intentionally foul him. Both smart strategies to do whatever it takes to win. Both awful to watch and coward ****. Eliminate Dallas for the good of the game.

Yes, I'm salty.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
All I know is the Avs need to figure it out. Doesn't matter how. It's not just about them anymore, it's for the league. The trap last night was similar to watching the Mavs/Thunder game earlier in the afternoon when OKC was chasing Lively around to intentionally foul him. Both smart strategies to do whatever it takes to win. Both awful to watch and coward ****. Eliminate Dallas for the good of the game.

Yes, I'm salty.
it's not cowardly it's a winning brand of hockey. Our pond hockey don't get dirty bs is what's frustrating not their winning hockey.

Game 1

View attachment 869325

Game 2

View attachment 869326

Game 3

View attachment 869327

disagree and this shows how flawed these are. Dallas has dominated and it should be 3-0 stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad