Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
I'm pretty impressed by Mack's improved calm and maturity in these playoffs. Despite his numbers, I don't think he had as many dominating shifts per game as he is used to. Usually, that leads to him showing signs of impatience, trying too much to force plays, which lead to mistakes. This year, against Win especially, I felt like he stuck to the game plan, dumped the puck more and stayed calm, showed less signs of frustration no matter what. And it lead to good results and good leadership. That's very good news for tight games.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I used to be a bit annoyed with Rantanen not using his body more but I now realize he just doesn't have that in him. You would think a 6'4 guy would crush guys if he wanted to but he's not an aggressive type of player.

Besides, him playing the style he is might keep him from getting injured.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
I used to be a bit annoyed with Rantanen not using his body more but I now realize he just doesn't have that in him. You would think a 6'4 guy would crush guys if he wanted to but he's not an aggressive type of player.

Which is strange because he has the attitude of someone who is aggressive. He tells his teammates he'll kill them and snaps his stick with ease :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Plenty of big, supremely talented guys have been in the league who didn't play a mean game. Joe Thornton, Jaromir Jagr, Mikko Rantanen, Marian Hossa, etc. Guys like Gordie Howe and Cam Neely are not necessarily the exception, but they ain't the rule either.

When he's on his game he reminds me a lot of Hossa, a guy who didn't really mash anyone into the boards but when he was locked in, you simply could not knock him off the puck.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Love seeing stuff like this. There was also the article Corey wrote about usage of analytics in his coaching with some quotes from Colton the other week.

Avs are in good hands with the best coach in the league. We're lucky Sakic was patient and didn't overreact to Bednar's first season or the loss to Vegas. People were calling for change in both cases and he thankfully stayed the course.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Love seeing stuff like this. There was also the article Corey wrote about usage of analytics in his coaching with some quotes from Colton the other week.
There were quotes from Walker as well as a new guy, also from Jack Johnson. All of them said that this is the most elaborate they've been coached regarding tactics, statistics and numbers during their career. I think it was also Toews who said that the analytics teams help individual players as well. Some player is in a bit of a slump, they try to find a reason behind the numbers and get them to focus on the right things. I bet that's a lot more helpful for a player than just having your coach say: "try harder".

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I'm pretty impressed by Mack's improved calm and maturity in these playoffs. Despite his numbers, I don't think he had as many dominating shifts per game as he is used to. Usually, that leads to him showing signs of impatience, trying too much to force plays, which lead to mistakes. This year, against Win especially, I felt like he stuck to the game plan, dumped the puck more and stayed calm, showed less signs of frustration no matter what. And it lead to good results and good leadership. That's very good news for tight games.
Nate has a been there done that aura to him now. Merely a matter of time before he takes over a game. Tonight is as good of time as any....

Rantanen plays soooo much better when he's pissed off. You saw it last game after the 1st period debacle. He definitely used his body and would have set up MacKinnon for a nice goal but Nate just missed.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Plenty of big, supremely talented guys have been in the league who didn't play a mean game. Joe Thornton, Jaromir Jagr, Mikko Rantanen, Marian Hossa, etc. Guys like Gordie Howe and Cam Neely are not necessarily the exception, but they ain't the rule either.

When he's on his game he reminds me a lot of Hossa, a guy who didn't really mash anyone into the boards but when he was locked in, you simply could not knock him off the puck.
closest comp for Rants when he's on is Jagr. Hossa is Nuke imo.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Rantanen plays soooo much better when he's pissed off. You saw it last game after the 1st period debacle. He definitely used his body and would have set up MacKinnon for a nice goal but Nate just missed.
Also remember how he snapped his stick in half in G5 against WPG and then scored two goals?

We need someone to piss Mikko off before each game. Can someone please give Dater his credentials back or something? Or maybe Lehky can talk to his dad and tell him to publically call out Mikko every day "yeah he's producing but still not looking good" or something like that.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Also remember how he snapped his stick in half in G5 against WPG and then scored two goals?

We need someone to piss Mikko off before each game. Can someone please give Dater his credentials back or something?
Get Ismo in there to ruffle some feathers

Reactions: MacKaRant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad