GDT: WCSF #2 - SJS vs NSH - Have Ya Paid Your Dues, Jack? - 5/1/16 - 5:00pm - NBCSN KFOX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
JT doesn't block tons of shots or stand low in the slot though. I'd imagine he's scared of what a visor will do to his passing vision.

If this was a wake up call to anyone it would be to a guy like Barret(sp?) Jackman or Brent Seabrook.

Yup he was forced to wear a visor for a few games a few years ago and he hated it. Always got in the way of his vision so he got rid of it as soon as he could.

Thornton has gone 15 years without one. Getting him to change his mind on it will not happen.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because of Nemesis, I have started calling Martin Jones "Mar-Tan Zho-Nay" because of a joke he made about giving him a new nickname in one of the earlier GDT's of the season. A joke about him being another Quebec born and bred goaltender.

I called him that to my friend, who immediately said "why the hell are you pronouncing his name like he's from Montreal or something? Is he even French?":laugh:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
The discussion of our top line playing their B game is mind boggling.. Maybe some credit can be given to Nashville? Does every #1 line produce every game? I don't see how it is even an issue? Nashville is focusing on shutting down that line, let them. The TEAM is winning. TEAM. I don't give a rats azz if the top line doesn't score and we win the game.. You guys squawking about their lack of production is pointless. We don't need the top line to produce every night. If this team was losing then you would have a valid discussion.. This team is winning. Quit *****ing:shakehead

Why does every player after an amazing game say "we played well but can be better"? Because you should never be satisfied until 16 wins.

People are bringing up some concerns about the top line because they looked out of sync. They can play better, and we want them to do so. Hell it wasn't even a lack of production, because Thornton and Pavs got 5 points. It was just that they looked sloppy overall last night.

I think some are complaining for the same reason cooch called the team out, yeah they won, but it wasn't a full team effort, 110% from everyone, and they better not get complacent, or overconfident. This team is better than Nash, they have to keep the peddle down, and run them over.

I actually think our boards have been super positive so far these playoffs, yet lots of us have deep seeded worry that we'll be let down again, so when the team has its worst game so far these playoffs, it's only natural some complaints get aired out.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
They all gave an honest effort. No one dogged it. At points they weren't playing smart hockey. They aren't going to play great every period. Thats just simply not realistic to assume so. Its not a video game.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
For sure. As mentioned, I dunno if Jones made a single outstanding save all night. He was just there when he needed to be, didn't give up anything soft, and weathered the storm.

Yeah, I'm starting to get concerned about the top line. It's them, it's not Nashville.

Agreed. Nashville was throwing pucks to the net; I didn't think they had many quality chances, save for a brief sequence or two (where they scored). The Sharks on the other hand had a few high-percentage chances. Rinne made some big saves. The Sharks have mostly done their scoring on the PP or on the transition; Nashville is doing a great job locking down the zone. T-mac's cycle-based offense would've struggled. IMO, that partly explain why Thornton's line is struggling.

On the flip side, all of Nashville's ES goals have come from zone plays...Sharks are doing a great job getting back (although again, Nashville isn't a very aggressive team).

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Because of Nemesis, I have started calling Martin Jones "Mar-Tan Zho-Nay" because of a joke he made about giving him a new nickname in one of the earlier GDT's of the season. A joke about him being another Quebec born and bred goaltender.

I called him that to my friend, who immediately said "why the hell are you pronouncing his name like he's from Montreal or something? Is he even French?":laugh:

Ha!
I've been calling Jonas "Pavel Donskoi" all season. I think it fits. He is fun to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad