Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
The strategy was to funnel the puck towards the net and create chaos as evidenced by putting Zadorov in front of Saros. This isn't figuring Nashville out, its just a breakdown and poor execution by a Nashville team that probably got a little ahead of themselves. The game plan worked and Vancouver deserves props but you can clearly see this is abnormal defense by Nashville.
This was a strategic response to what Nashville was doing, however, because what the Canucks were doing previous to this wasn't working. I don't think it was just 4 mins of abnormal panic from Nashville. I mean, maybe, but it strikes me that this was an intentional shift in play from the Canucks as a result of how Nashville had been shutting them down.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Canucks strategy for game 5:

Must win game. Poor Hughes might need 2 shots of the insta-heal for game 6, or whatever drug they've developed in Vegas.

As much as I'd love to give the diehard Nashville fans another home game to watch. This Canucks team is hurting, and it's not for a squirting.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
When a third string goalie does so much for you, you absolutely need to deliver.

No excuses honestly

Reactions: Szechwan

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
When a third string goalie does so much for you, you absolutely need to deliver.

No excuses honestly
It's maybe not an excuse, but it's an inexperienced group with its first chance to close out the series, and on home ice. It's not surprising to me that they fumbled it. A lot of teams do. Even the 2012 Kings fumbled their first chances to eliminate in 3 of 4 series.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

No excuses honestly
Saros did what you’d expect from a Vezina level goaltender tonight and shut the door. He saved multiple grade A chances

Vancouver needs to be better but this isn’t a Lindgren level goaltender they are struggling against

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Frustrating game 5, punctuated by a bad non-challenge by coaching on the Josi pp "goal" where he speared Silovs into the net. Back to Nashville.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Frustrating game 5, punctuated by a bad non-challenge by coaching on the Josi pp "goal" where he speared Silovs into the net. Back to Nashville.
That’s a 50/50 call, you get scored on again and the games usually over. It was smart to not go for the challenge. 1-1 game is more manageable than going to a potential 2-1 game, especially in a game you don’t “need” to win

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
We were riding too high after that last win and needed to be humbled a bit. I'm sure both sides will talk about having "their looks", but at the end of the day Nashville "scored" more "goals" than us so we gotta figure something better out

Reactions: David71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis