GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: May 3rd, 4pm
WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, USA
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Canucks Lead 3-2

Canucks Line-Up:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Höglander-Pettersson-Mikheyev
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Silovs

Predators Line-Up:

Forsberg-O’Reilly-Nyquist
Zucker-Sissons-Beauvillier
Jankowski-Novak-Evangelista
Smith-McCarron-Sherwood

Josi-Fabbro
McDonagh-Barrie
Lauzon-Carrier

Saros

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
https://www.youtube.com/@TheProvince/videos

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
https://www.youtube.com/@Canucks_Army/videos

Rinkwide Vancouver
https://www.youtube.com/@rinkwidevancouver/videos

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
https://www.youtube.com/@donnieanddhali/videos

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Stop the nonsense and do this:

Lines:
Joshua - Miller- Boeser
Lindholm - Petterson - Garland
Höglander - Blueger- Podkolzin
Whatever 4th line including Mihkeyev

or

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Whatever 4th line including Mihkeyev.

Team needs at least 2 scoring lines. Right now, Brunette only needs to neuter one line which is the Miller-Boeser line.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
How frustrating that we couldn't close it out last night. But such is the life of a Canucks fan.

If anything this round has been a fantastic litmus test for our team and has exposed a lot of the cracks in our roster as well. I've no doubt that Allvin and Rutherford have been taking notes on who has, and hasn't stepped up for us.

The upcoming offseason will be huge for us, but I'm getting a head of myself there 😅

Some of the shine is beginning to wear off of Tocchet a bit as well, but I'm sure he'll learn and adjust eventually, I just hope its during this series lol.

If we want to close this in 6 and avoid game 7 we absolutely need to play like we did last night in the first period, but for a full 60 minutes.

LF f***ING GO, just win.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I’ll be in Smithers for this one. I’ll have to find a restaurant to watch it in, or gag myself in my hotel room so I don’t get the cops called on me by the other inhabitants if we get a goal. :laugh:

Just get it done, boys. Bounce back and get this thing done.

I watched game 4 in my hotel room here in Whistler, I'm pretty sure I heard more than just myself going bananas when Boeser and Lindholm scored.

If you do insist on gagging yourself you might need help from @SopelFanThe3rd
:sarcasm:

In any case, I'm not too worried. Whatever happens, happens. This playoff has definitely showed us the real priority of the players who should stay, and the true value of them.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I expect Nashville to come out flying and pummel Van.

Unless whoever is in net stands on their head, I think this goes 7.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I’ll be in Smithers for this one. I’ll have to find a restaurant to watch it in, or gag myself in my hotel room so I don’t get the cops called on me by the other inhabitants if we get a goal. :laugh:

Just get it done, boys. Bounce back and get this thing done.

VXdF.gif

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I hate to sound pessimistic but does anybody else just not feel excited about this game or not really give a shit? I'm pissed because I'll be at work when this game goes live (assuming it's another 4pm / 5pm puck drop) and don't feel enthused about having to PVR another one and avoid spoilers, etc. Not being able to be on the Forum and experience it live in real time has sapped my enthusiasm for this one. Meh, maybe I'm just grumpy from not sleeping well last night. Pay no attention to me, lol. Go Canucks Go.

Reactions: Fraser28

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Stop the nonsense and do this:

Lines:
Joshua - Miller- Boeser
Lindholm - Petterson - Garland
Whatever 4th line including Mihkeyev

or

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Whatever 4th line including Mihkeyev.

Team needs at least 2 scoring lines. Right now, Brunette only needs to neuter one line which is the Miller-Boeser line.
Not to micro mod or anything...but you are on thin ice Seaman, please clean this up :shakehead

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Not to micro mod or anything...but you are on thin ice Seaman, please clean this up :shakehead

Screw it. New lines:

Peen - Baby Pettersson - VanillaCoke
Vector - SillyRabbit - wonton15
Angry Little Elf - mathonwy - Indiana
valkynax - Pastor Of Muppetz - TruKnyte

Mr Canucklehead - SopelFanThe3rd
Jyrki21 - BenningHurtsMySoul
Bourne Endeavor - Canucks LB

mossey3535
MS

Healthy scratch: @M2Beezy

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
They have to start shooting the puck more look at the Lindholm goal in game 1 and Zadorovs goal last night. Saros definitely has his weaknesses.

I’m good with either goalie in net, but I guess it’s hard to not give Silovs another go he’s had two good games and has that calmness about him.

Pettersson didn't look terrible last night like he did in all the other games so hopefully he builds off that.

Let’s go boys!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Screw it. New lines:

Peen - Baby Pettersson - VanillaCoke
Vector - SillyRabbit - wonton15
Angry Little Elf - mathonwy - Indiana
valkynax - Pastor Of Muppetz - TruKnyte

Mr Canucklehead - SopelFanThe3rd
Jyrki21 - BenningHurtsMySoul
Bourne Endeavor - Canucks LB

mossey3535
MS

Healthy scratch: @M2Beezy

You are putting @MS in net? I mean I know he's a great amateur scout but be our goalie? I don't know...

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Line changes are the obvious change that fans want to see because its visually easy to see that he's trying something. The bigger thing is the coaching staff needs to figure out the breakout problem.

This Nashville team isn't some stud defensive team, they were mediocre defensively during the regular season. Brunette made some adjustments come playoff time to how to play the Canucks through the neutral zone, and Tocchet has had zero answers for it so far. Even the PP is somehow struggling with getting into the zone right now.

Dumping and chasing isn't a real answer here either as it's (1) not been effective in the slightest, and (2) plays right into the Preds hands of getting the puck back quickly. The other play has often been board and out, which doesn't allow the forward to get the puck with any speed through the neutral zone, and gives the Preds infinite time to setup their neutral zone structure.

When they've had the puck in the zone, all the cracks in the Preds armor shows up. They sell out for the first shot often (goalie and dmen both), and are very susceptible to east-west passing. Its annoying to watch when it doesn't work, but the biggest issue is not the o-zone play (that was game 2 when they just fired everything blindly at the net), but getting the puck in there early enough in the shift to be able to do it more than 2-3 times a game.

EDIT: At some point, I'd also like us to have a PP advantage in this series. PPs are 19-13 at this point, which for two teams with equal zone time and shot attempts is a bit absurd. The PPs have been equal or Nashville favored every game this series so far.

Yes, be more disciplined, etc etc but come on. The only series with larger differentials are Panthers/Lightning (no idea what happened here), and the Islanders/Hurricanes (Hurricanes absolutely dominated territorially).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad