GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

WHEN: April 30th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Canucks Lead 3-1

Canucks Line-Up:
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Höglander-EP40-Mikheyev
Di Giuseppe-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

TBD

Predators Line-Up:

TBD

Saros

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
https://www.youtube.com/@TheProvince/videos

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
https://www.youtube.com/@Canucks_Army/videos

Rinkwide Vancouver
https://www.youtube.com/@rinkwidevancouver/videos

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
https://www.youtube.com/@donnieanddhali/videos

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The crowd is going to blow the roof off if the Canucks score first and early in this one. Wrapping this up in 5 games is absolutely critical. They need as much time as possible to rest up and heal.

I say you run with Silovs again and see if he's for real. You have three chances to close this out, and he stepped up when it counted. If he continues to deliver, we could be on the verge of a magical run and it gives the team a contingency plan if they aren't sold on Demko's reliability.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The crowd is going to blow the roof off if the Canucks score first and early in this one. Wrapping this up in 5 games is absolutely critical. They need as much time as possible to rest up and heal.

A thousand times this. Don’t let this series keep going, especially with how hard the Preds are running our top guys. Hope we can show some killer instinct here.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
A thousand times this. Don’t let this series keep going, especially with how hard the Preds are running our top guys. Hope we can show some killer instinct here.

My hope is that we go up 3-0 or 4-0 and they bench Pettersson/Hughes. The last thing we need is one of their goons to get pissed off and take one final run at them on their way out the door.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Getting the first goal or two is critical. I feel Nashville will come out desperate but still very raw after what happened. If we score fast and early, they'll break almost immediately. I don't see them having any fight left if we go up 2-0 in the first period.

That being said, we absolutely can't sit on that lead. I'm all for lessening minutes on our key players if we actually score a bunch but bring them back out near the end to make sure we wrap this up.

Ideally, Dallas, Toronto or whoever drags their series to seven so we can rest. I'd say LA but I just don't see them surviving much longer against the Oilers.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Step on their throats, please.
and cut off their head. I hate bringing it up, but Andrew Brunette was a member of the 02/03 Minnesota Wild team that came back from a 1-3 series deficit against us. I was at game 5 of that series and I'll be doing my part by staying TF home. As banged up as we seem to be, we absolutely do not want any part of a game 6 in Nashville, which would be a bloodbath.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Unless there was another key injury that we don't know about yet, I see Vancouver closing it out in game 5. That game 4 was a crushing mental blow for Nashville. You could see it on their bench after the OT goal. They looked absolutely devastated. Obviously anything can happen, but I fully expect a win.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Just end this. We need the rest, and anything we can do to cut down on travel will only help. Ride the high from game 4, and finish them off.

We've broken their spirits, now we need to break them for good.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
and cut off their head. I hate bringing it up, but Andrew Brunette was a member of the 02/03 Minnesota Wild team that came back from a 1-3 series deficit against us. I was at game 5 of that series and I'll be doing my part by staying TF home. As banged up as we seem to be, we absolutely do not want any part of a game 6 in Nashville, which would be a bloodbath.
I remember that like it was yesterday. We were one away from a conference finals against the Ducks of all teams. Detroit, Colorado, Dallas, were all eliminated. Just the Ducks in our way to reach the finals.
Getting the first goal or two is critical. I feel Nashville will come out desperate but still very raw after what happened. If we score fast and early, they'll break almost immediately. I don't see them having any fight left if we go up 2-0 in the first period.

That being said, we absolutely can't sit on that lead. I'm all for lessening minutes on our key players if we actually score a bunch but bring them back out near the end to make sure we wrap this up.

Ideally, Dallas, Toronto or whoever drags their series to seven so we can rest. I'd say LA but I just don't see them surviving much longer against the Oilers.

Tocchet is going to prepare the boys well for this one. I just hope the refs let the boys play.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Unless there was another key injury that we don't know about yet, I see Vancouver closing it out in game 5. That game 4 was a crushing mental blow for Nashville. You could see it on their bench after the OT goal. They looked absolutely devastated. Obviously anything can happen, but I fully expect a win.

Lauzon with his head down was a beautiful sight. They looked like broken men.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Here's the plan. I will turn the game off again if we are losing.

I went to take the trash out with around 4 minutes left because I was so pissed with the effort level. My 5-year-old refused to stop watching and came out to get me when Boeser scored his second. If not for him, I'd probably have missed the entire thing. Kids teaching me not to be so cynical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad