Post-Game Talk: WCQF GAME #1: Canucks 5, Blues 2 (Horvat x2, Pettersson, Stecher, Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
After reading Blues GDT and Flames, Oilers OOT:

d91.gif
Hah. You’re a sick man

Reactions: Indiana

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Only 1 game but our #3 d man came out strong. :rolleyes:

Our captain that is supposed to get eaten alive was #1 star. o_O

Would like to see a little more getting the puck out instead of allowing the Blues to keep in the their end.
Yup. Myers played well. I noticed Stecher played over 15 minutes. I think Minny actually played a heavier game in our zone than St. Louis did, which allowed the coaches to play Stecher more.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I didn’t think we played our best game. We won, which is nice, but we can play better, especially 5 on 5.
St. Louis will play better next game, but so will we.

Reactions: Indiana and nucks88

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands

On the negative we took some brutal hits and chops all night that will add up. Tyler Myers was just awful and i dont even blame him for yet another awful dive on his penalty and the turnover along the boards where Virtanen (who was brain dead all night) skated away from him with his back to the play. Ugly ugly game. Absolutely infuriating effort from Virtanen who should thrive in a series like this or at least be one that's punishing the Blues and making us tougher to play against. Wake up man. Also thought Loui was mostly an anchor for Pearson and Bo 5v5 but at least he was decent defensively and trying. Petey is so light and weak looking he's getting killed. Still an absolute elite skilled player and was so close to a couple more goals. Tanev had a tough go screening Marky and losing an edge after fumbling the blueline on Schwartz's goal.

I wanted to point this out, as it seems to get lost in the chatter - Hughes tried that stick-push assist on Tanev to try to get him to catch up to Schwartz, but this time it didn't work and ended up knocking him off balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad