Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I never posted anything about Anderson so I am not sure what you are going on about but
having only 1 line playing well is never better then having 2 lines playing well. Having them split up is the best option for the Oilers to have success.

So again, to be clear, Mikey Anderson, who has never faced supplemental discipline for dirty play, injured Draisaitl on purpose, which resulted in Draisaitl not missing any playoff games and scoring 2 points per game that run.

Again, if the Kings are out there intentionally injuring your guys, they’ve done a pretty bad job at it, right? Oilers have won all three series, and never lost a player to injury against the Kings. Can you at least admit that?

Reactions: sanscosm

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
So again, to be clear, Mikey Anderson, who has never faced supplemental discipline for dirty play, injured Draisaitl on purpose, which resulted in Draisaitl not missing any playoff games and scoring 2 points per game that run.

Again, if the Kings are out there intentionally injuring your guys, they’ve done a pretty bad job at it, right? Oilers have won all three series, and never lost a player to injury against the Kings. Can you at least admit that?
I never said anything about Anderson or the Kings trying to intentionally injure anyone at all, maybe that was another poster, but Draisaitl was injured against the Kings. All I said is that although Draisaitl's stats were good, his skating was lacking and because of that they ended up playing him with McDavid so he wouldn't have to skate as much as playing center and that was not ideal for the Oilers going forward in the playoffs. I even remember at the time joking at work that all Draisaitl was doing was standing still and passing the puck to McDavid because he couldn't skate. That was an exaggeration but in some of the games afterwards he was really not getting around the ice that well.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
One thing that has really stood out the last two games is just how terrible the ice is at Crypto. It was painful to watch last night, guys can barely keep an edge, they were just falling down constantly, even great skaters who have impeccable edge work were losing their footing. The puck was bouncing around a lot as well.

It really drags down the quality of play when the surface is so bad as guys struggle with skating and puck handling so we don’t see as many high level plays. As an example there were a few times where it looked like Mcdavid had a step on a defender in a situation where he would usually cut hard to the net but 2-3 times last night he instead chose to circle behind the net which I thought was strange for him but it would make sense if he was concerned about being able to hold an edge on an aggressive cut to the net front, it’s always dangerous losing your footing on a play like that where you risk going into the net or end boards heavily which can be dangerous.
That's part of the problem with having two basketball teams and a hockey team in the same arena. The clippers also played yesterday as well.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Testosterone
coming-arnold.gif

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I never said anything about Anderson or the Kings trying to intentionally injure anyone at all, maybe that was another poster, but Draisaitl was injured against the Kings. All I said is that although Draisaitl's stats were good, his skating was lacking and because of that they ended up playing him with McDavid so he wouldn't have to skate as much as playing center and that was not ideal for the Oilers going forward in the playoffs. I even remember at the time joking at work that all Draisaitl was doing was standing still and passing the puck to McDavid because he couldn't skate. That was an exaggeration but in some of the games afterwards he was really not getting around the ice that well.

And I didn’t bring up the Anderson/Draisaitl thing. Another Oilers fan did when asked for evidence to support the claim that the Kings are always injuring Oilers players.

If your only evidence of “dirty Kings being dirty” is a borderline scrum three years ago in which a player missed no time and still produced at a historic rate, don’t you think that narrative has become a little ridiculous?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
And I didn’t bring up the Anderson/Draisaitl thing. Another Oilers fan did when asked for evidence to support the claim that the Kings are always injuring Oilers players.

If your only evidence of “dirty Kings being dirty” is a borderline scrum three years ago in which a player missed no time and still produced at a historic rate, don’t you think that narrative has become a little ridiculous?
I never made one post about the King's being dirty or trying to injure players or anything like that so why do you keep talking to me about it? Why are you responding to me about things another poster said? All I talked about was the Draisaitl injury and how it effected the Oilers for the rest of those playoffs.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
"he didn't slewfoot him, all he did was slewfoot him!" He pulled him backwards with his skate behind Draisaitl's. That's a slewfoot, plain as day.

You just PROVED that you have absolutely no idea what a slewfoot is.

All Anderson did was pull a guy down in a scrum, plain and simple.

A slewfoot is an intentionally committed act of kicking forwards while pulling backwards, there is absolutely zero lower body movement involved. Draisaitl twisted as being pulled out of the scrum.

You guys keep embarrassing yourselves with this nonsense.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Draisaitl produced at a historic rate and was still injured by Mikey, both things can be true.

Players play through injuries in the playoffs all the time

A slewfoot is an intentionally committed act of kicking forwards while pulling backwards, there is absolutely zero lower body movement involved. Draisaitl twisted as being pulled out of the scrum.

That tackle move by Mikey isn’t even allowed in the nfl anymore, what kind of grown man just grabs a guy from behind and drops down dragging the other to the ice.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I never made one post about the King's being dirty or trying to injure players or anything like that so why do you keep talking to me about it? Why are you responding to me about things another poster said? All I talked about was the Draisaitl injury and how it effected the Oilers for the rest of those playoffs.

Then we’re obviously having two different conversations.

Again, I don’t dispute that Draisaitl was injured and that it affected the Oilers. I’m disputing the severity with which Oilers fans talk about that injury, and furthermore the larger notion that this injury was one of many in a devastating pattern of dirty play from the Kings, which is clearly ridiculous.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Then we’re obviously having two different conversations.

Again, I don’t dispute that Draisaitl was injured and that it affected the Oilers. I’m disputing the severity with which Oilers fans talk about that injury, and furthermore the larger notion that this injury was one of many in a devastating pattern of dirty play from the Kings, which is clearly ridiculous.
Draisaitl is one of the most powerful skaters in the League. And we’ve watched every single one of his games in this League. It’s obvious to anyone watching he was playing hobbled after Mike Anderson slew footed him in that scrum. Just one of many slew foots the Kings have thrown at the Oilers during these playoff series’

• Haha

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Draisaitl produced at a historic rate and was still injured by Mikey, both things can be true.

Players play through injuries in the playoffs all the time

You can’t expect Kings fans, or any fans, to have sympathy for an incident that 1. did not result in supplemental discipline, not even a review, 2. did not affect the outcome of that series, 3. did not inhibit the player’s ability to play, and 4. did not inhibit the player’s ability to produce at a historic rate.

Surely you can step outside of your own fandom for a second and acknowledge how petty it is to still be complaining about that play three years later, right?

Draisaitl is one of the most powerful skaters in the League. And we’ve watched every single one of his games in this League. It’s obvious to anyone watching he was playing hobbled after Mike Anderson slew footed him in that scrum. Just one of many slew foots the Kings have thrown at the Oilers during these playoff series’

And again, thank god the Kings are such wimps, otherwise all those slewfoots would actually result in some man games lost to injury, huh?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You can’t expect Kings fans, or any fans, to have sympathy for an incident that 1. did not result in supplemental discipline, not even a review, 2. did not affect the outcome of that series, 3. did not inhibit the player’s ability to play, and 4. did not inhibit the player’s ability to produce at a historic rate.

Surely you can step outside of your own fandom for a second and acknowledge how petty it is to still be complaining about that play three years later, right?

And again, thank god the Kings are such wimps, otherwise all those slewfoots would actually result in some man games lost to injury, huh?
The Oilers willingness to play through injury and put it all on the line, doesn’t mean the Kings weren’t dirty.

Reactions: iCanada

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Allow me to also embarrass myself, that was a slew foot

• Haha

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shots fired.

Meantime, in the Oilers' dressing room ...

Q7724c5.jpg

Upon closer inspection ...

rBO6z7S.jpg

Can you believe it?!? :sarcasm:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad