Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
This is why I believe it's important that the Oilers finish off the Kings in 5. They weren't dirty last night, played a hard and clean brand of hockey, but in game 3 when they were down by a lot they were starting to take liberties and we can't afford that.

You’re right. If the Kings keep taking liberties, the Oilers will get injured and miss games like when:

Data not found
Data not found
Data not found
Data not found
Data not found
Data not found
Data not found
Data not found

• Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
One thing that has really stood out the last two games is just how terrible the ice is at Crypto. It was painful to watch last night, guys can barely keep an edge, they were just falling down constantly, even great skaters who have impeccable edge work were losing their footing. The puck was bouncing around a lot as well.

It really drags down the quality of play when the surface is so bad as guys struggle with skating and puck handling so we don’t see as many high level plays. As an example there were a few times where it looked like Mcdavid had a step on a defender in a situation where he would usually cut hard to the net but 2-3 times last night he instead chose to circle behind the net which I thought was strange for him but it would make sense if he was concerned about being able to hold an edge on an aggressive cut to the net front, it’s always dangerous losing your footing on a play like that where you risk going into the net or end boards heavily which can be dangerous.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I mean, only two players in the history of the league have a higher playoff points per game than he does. Even hobbled and unable to skate he's incredible.

And yet a year later, “full healthy”, he had half the points.

Either the Kings are terrible at intentionally injuring the Oilers, or this narrative is completely made up.

Either way, it doesn’t seem to be a problem.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
How soon we forget the Draisaitl high ankle sprain caused by Lil Mikey Slewfoot
Once again, you guys have no idea what a slew foot is.

All Anderson did was pull Draisaitl backwards out of scrum and he hurt himself by twisting around to engage with Anderson. There was zero attempt or contact with his lower body, which is what you need for a "slew foot".

Please try to keep up.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
JMO on Dubois but entitled people lack drive he has the talent but his entitled view that Columbus was not good enough for him followed by Winnipeg should have set off red flags , now that he has cashed in on the lottery his drive is even less.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

All Anderson did was pull Draisaitl backwards out of scrum and he hurt himself by twisting around to engage with Anderson. There was zero attempt or contact with his lower body, which is what you need for a "slew foot".

Please try to keep up.
"he didn't slewfoot him, all he did was slewfoot him!" He pulled him backwards with his skate behind Draisaitl's. That's a slewfoot, plain as day.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Please try to keep up.
I’d suggest watching the video before you sound any more clueless.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Upside for the Kings: Rittich kinda played well? Like the Oilers had 4 shots in the 1st period but they were all pretty good ones. Did get beat clean by Bouchard, though. Had a view of it and couldn't stop it.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
You guys are going to wrap up the series on Wednesday and be fresher after than you were coming into it. Just enjoy the 1st round warmup and stop concern trolling about this imminent devastating dirty play that derails your Cup run from noted Kings big guns like Blake Lizotte and Viktor Arvidsson.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oh yeah, that was when Draisaitl had 32 points in 16 games and didn’t miss a single game.

What a devastating injury.
Yeah but he couldn't skate that well once he was injured and had to play with McDavid instead of running his own line. That definitely wasn't ideal for the Oilers.

Reactions: nturn06

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It wasn't a pretty win but if you want to win the Cup you need to be able to win all types of different games. They recognized during last night's game that it was going to be tight and not a lot of goals and adjusted their play to match that game. It is good for them to be able to win that kind of game. The test defensively will be once they start playing the more high skilled teams.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah but he couldn't skate that well once he was injured and had to play with McDavid instead of running his own line. That definitely wasn't ideal for the Oilers.

Hopefully the next time Mikey Anderson, known slewfooter with extensive suspension history*, injures an Oiler, that Oiler will only score 1.5 points per game instead of 2 points per game.

* = Citation missing

(Mod edit)

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Hopefully the next time Mikey Anderson, known slewfooter with extensive suspension history*, injures an Oiler, that Oiler will only score 1.5 points per game instead of 2 points per game.

* = Citation missing
I never posted anything about Anderson so I am not sure what you are going on about but
having only 1 line playing well is never better then having 2 lines playing well. Having them split up is the best option for the Oilers to have success.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

* = Citation missing

(Mod edit)
You’re aware it was well reported and documented that Draisaitl suffered a high ankle sprain from that right?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Funny thing in I think game 3 this year was when I saw Draisaitl grab Anderson from behind in a scrum and said something to him, probably to the tune of "see I can grab you without kicking your legs out and dragging you backwards."

I dunno, think there's probably a reason he was such a target for the Oilers the next season, and why the Oilers took like a half dozen chippy slashing penalties in the playoffs last year despite the fact that they won the year before. Not a hard puzzle to piece together.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How soon we forget the Draisaitl high ankle sprain caused by Lil Mikey Slewfoot

Oh don't worry, no one will ever let us forget that :laugh:

I think the point reduced though is that McDavid alone has injured more Kings than Kings have injured Oilers so this narrative that the damn dirty Kings are routinely woodshedding Oilers is a fallacy is all. That you have to go back three years to an incident DOPS didn't even look at should tell you how relatively 'clean' it's been for a divisional rivalry meeting three years in a row. It's on the borderline a lot, I'll agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad