Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Series tied 3-3)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.1%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.5%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 138 25.8%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 61 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Stars forward usage stood out to me tonight. Duchesne led them in TOI and it was the right call.. he was on it. Johnston 2nd.. what can you say about this guy?

Pavelski and Seguin next before you get to Hintz at 5.. Benn then Stankoven and finally Robertson at 8th with 15 minutes. What do stars fans make of this?

I have watched playoffs a long time.. I don't recall a team playing 6 d and playing the 6th d so little. 3 shifts for 1:09 tonight. 2:21 in game 3. Will Nils Lundqvist play more at home? Perhaps they are content playing 5 and that is that. One injury could change things though.

We're waiting for Jani Hakanpaa to get healthy.

DeBoer doesn't trust Nils at all. This isn't really a surprise.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
We're waiting for Jani Hakanpaa to get healthy.

DeBoer doesn't trust Nils at all. This isn't really a surprise.
Going against a huge team like Vegas, would have to wonder if Alex Petrovic may be of some use.. at least to eat a few minutes against the Vegas 4th.

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Stars forward usage stood out to me tonight. Duchesne led them in TOI and it was the right call.. he was on it. Johnston 2nd.. what can you say about this guy?

Pavelski and Seguin next before you get to Hintz at 5.. Benn then Stankoven and finally Robertson at 8th with 15 minutes. What do stars fans make of this?

I have watched playoffs a long time.. I don't recall a team playing 6 d and playing the 6th d so little. 3 shifts for 1:09 tonight. 2:21 in game 3. Will Nils Lundqvist play more at home? Perhaps they are content playing 5 and that is that. One injury could change things though.
Johnston is a star in the making.

I hate how good their drafting has been the past decade, because it wasn't too long ago I was ready to write them off.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My takeaway with this Knights team is they simply don't want success badly enough. Last year, the team worked hard and sacrificed the body shift after shift. This year, pretty much the whole season but it was especially apparent down the playoff stretch, that effort, compete and fight is just not there. They're still talented and well coached enough to make noise in the playoffs, maybe not win it all, but it looks like nothing changed since Marchessault called out the locker room in the final few games of the season saying exactly that: the team doesn't want wins enough.

It's like the majority of the lineup is satisfied with the one cup they won and the rest is just gravy. Eichel, Karlsson, Thompson, and Marchessault are the only ones who seem to put in the effort consistently. Thompson got his name engraved on the cup but he rode the press box with injury last year so for him it obviously makes sense and Eichel spent all that time in Buffalo not getting playoff games.

Like of course, credit to the Stars for working hard and earning these last two wins, but the disappointment on my end comes from watching a team that can perform better lacking any observable will to do so.

As it is I'm not thrilled about the cap maneuvering this year. Might be within the rules but it feels cheap. So I don't really care if we get eliminated to be honest. But if they're gonna do all that shit, the least they can do is actually play like any of the maneuvering mattered.

how many teams have great drafting when you remove their two best years from the previous decade?
Anaheim? I'm too tired to think of other examples.

Playoffsareoverrated

Jan 23, 2021
Espoo, Finalnd
It is a very pleasant surprise to see Dallas battling it out and tying the series against Vegas. I hope Dallas can fight through this series, though it will be tough.

What is very wild to me is that Dallas is doing this while their best defender, Heiskanen, is -6. He was also -4 after the first two games. Imagine if he hadn't taken all those minuses; Dallas would probably lead 3-1, or the series could already be over.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
It's funny, you take away their '21 and '17 drafts and they haven't been very good at drafting,
Compared to who?

They find gems almost every year....

2005- Neal 2nd round
2007-Benn- 5th
2009- Reilly Smith 3rd
2010-Klingberg 5th
2012- Lindell 3rd
2013-Nick Paul 4th
2015-Hintz 2nd

Vegas hasn't even found a player outside the first round worth talking about yet.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Johnston is a star in the making.

I hate how good their drafting has been the past decade, because it wasn't too long ago I was ready to write them off.
Johnston is just a ridiculous draft success given that he didnt play during his draft year. How did their scouts gain the insight and can the Avs please pay them 2x the salary to snag them away

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Johnston is just a ridiculous draft success given that he didnt play during his draft year. How did their scouts gain the insight and can the Avs please pay them 2x the salary to snag them away
The Stars hosted a tournament in the Arena where their practice facilities and offices are, and Johnston and Stankoven both played in it 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad