Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Blues def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT) (Miller, Pettersson)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Well, we were never going to go 16-0 in the playoffs. Don't forget where we are and what our expectations were going into this. This was never going to be easy, especially with this first round matchup, and this team still has a lot of room left to grow.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Not too upset by the game. You knew the Blues had to win this and they would come out hard. Canucks still battled hard and continued to do a good job getting bodies and sticks on pucks when possible. Biggest takeaway for me was that the Canucks hung with them 5v5 in OT after getting heavily outplayed the rest of the games, so I can see them staying confident for tomorrow's game.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Tyler Motte with 24 minutes of Icetime...

Don't give me the PP crap.. we only got 2 PP....

How does this even happen? No wonder we lost. He had more icetime then JT Miller and Pettersson.

If you want to blame anyone... blame the coach.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Blues in 6, calling it now. Hope I’m wrong, but after following this shitshow of a team for so long that’s what my gut tells me.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Our first line barely played in OT... to much Motte... i mean wtf are we doing trying to hold a lead..
Lololol that's classic Green for you.

It should've been a cycling of the first and second line with Sutter's line taking some D zone draws and the Motte line with spare usage. Green rides and dies with his bottom 6 vets :/

Blues continue to get away with interference and tripping. When the refs put the whistles away, it favours that team heavily. Call the Virtanen penalty, call the trips and interference plays on Pearson and Eriksson for what was pretty much the entire OT.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I know he's a good story and all, but Stetcher hasn't been good for 1.5 seasons. Like the thing he needs to be able to do as an undersized, mobile d-man above everything is be able to cover for that. Everyone knows Quinn can gallop and you have to be aware of it.

Also still haven't figured who didn't rotate for Quinn on that one.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Give the Blues props, they simply kicked our asses tonight. We had no business taking this to OT.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Tough one tonight because I felt it was there for us to take. I din't like Green's bench management tonight.
Virtanen should be out for game 4. He was bad tonight. Almost useless and in a playoff game you cannot have bus riders.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nov 1, 2011
Well, we give props to Horvat when he's good, should have been covering for Hughes on the OT winner as he was the F3 into the zone when Hughes was already deep.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Edler Stecher was a tire fire tonight. Edler is clearly overplayed and Stecher is just not good. He is too small and sure he 'tries hard' but he's nothing but a bottom pairing guy at best.

Green needs to publicly call out these refs. Take the fine jesus that was disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad