AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: featuring Val Puus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Was able to find a VOD of last night's Pens game so I'll be watching that instead of WBS. Either way, Go Pens!

Jk, gonna watch WBS a bit. Houde small but not afraid. Damn dude, WBS taking it to Lehigh since I started my stream. But now Bigras takes a slashing penalty cause he got beat.

Zoho with some nice patience at the end of that PK. Eventually lead to Poulin getting the puck, who then got it to big Puus who dangled a bit to put it in an open net. cc @Gurglesons

Not as much as a pass from Poulin as I thought, but still.

7:09 left in the first. Gotta step away for a while.

Managed to pause the game. The shift after I stepped away, Cam Lee had some good o-zone plays.

Questionable pinch by Fedun and good play by Lehigh at the start of the second to get a real good tip play right in front of Domingue. But Domingue hangs on to it. Felix Robert covered for Fedun there, but it was too much of a size mismatch. Annnnnnd Bart takes a penalty on the next shift. Back to the PK.

POJ looks bigger. Bjorkqvist with a monster forecheck and gets a chance, but can't even get a shot off cause he was hooked so bad. 4 on 4 now. Their abbreviated PP was killed off, but only because Puus was robbed. Still, the Pens held the puck in for like another 2 minutes after the PP expired. Lehigh clears it, but right to POJ who brings it right back in. Great plays by the Pens, but no goals.

WBS announcer saying Legare always quite involved on the backcheck. This is only my second(?) WBS game this season so I'll take his word. And as I was typing that, Poulin takes a slashing penalty. To the PK. Penalty killed. And I need to go get dinner. Will do that at next stoppage. Annnnnnnnnd Poulin with another careless penalty. Combo slash/trip. 7:58 left in the 2nd. Gonna pause my stream.

Back from dinner. Puus with a bad play on a PP to give Lehigh a 2 on 1. I think they missed on their shot.

Domingue looking quite capable. End of 2.

I jumped ahead a bunch in the 3rd, so not many notes. Once again, the Pens fail to hold on to a lead. Shot from the point gets a rebound and Lehigh buries it. It was their player that was unmarked in front of Domingue.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Bjorkqvist reminds me of Kuhnhackl. Not a ton of offense but consistently doing all the little things you need to get to the NHL and stick in the lineup. And skilled enough that, when given a scoring opportunity, he can finish. Unlike 4th line grinders of yore.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I like that the team keeps winning, but am sad it doesn't involve an explosion of offence from our forward prospects. Still, nothing unusual in a non-instant transition from juniors to pro.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Big Puusy had two goals. Pretty obvious he’s our prospect with the most upside at this point, eh?

*shrugs* Wait and see. Always been clear his skill level made him a candidate, but he's a fair bit older than a lot of the other guys, and maybe this is just a hot start he'll fall off from anyway. But yes. Great work from him so far.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I flipped in and out. Only players I saw who stood out were POJ and Legare. Poulin was underwhelming. Sort of an extension of training camp.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Poulin is a bust!

POJ is a very solid prospect however, he definitely controlled a lot of the play when he was out there. We're very deep on LD however.

Domingue was great in net.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Big Puusy had two goals. Pretty obvious he’s our prospect with the most upside at this point, eh?

I assume Big Puusy is Puustinen. I've been saying it for a while now. He was productive in a tough league that's probably up there with the AHL. Doesn't surprise me he's continued to be productive.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Pets, MM & POJ makes Dumo expendable for some picks or prospects.
Ehh, I'd be interested in revisiting it in the off-season. We're half a dozen games into an 82-game season and while both Petts (especially Petts) and Marino have looked worlds better than last season it's way early. But POJ had a pretty dogshit camp/pre-season tbh. He's gotta put together a pretty strong, full campaign in WBS for me to expect him to really stick next season, or even later this season.

It's time to shift some pieces out to recoup futures though, for sure. Dumo and Rust are the guys at the top of the list, more so the latter.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ehh, I'd be interested in revisiting it in the off-season. We're half a dozen games into an 82-game season and while both Petts (especially Petts) and Marino have looked worlds better than last season it's way early. But POJ had a pretty dogshit camp/pre-season tbh. He's gotta put together a pretty strong, full campaign in WBS for me to expect him to really stick next season, or even later this season.

It's time to shift some pieces out to recoup futures though, for sure. Dumo and Rust are the guys at the top of the list, more so the latter.
And Zuck if DOC keeps looking good.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
*shrugs* Wait and see. Always been clear his skill level made him a candidate, but he's a fair bit older than a lot of the other guys, and maybe this is just a hot start he'll fall off from anyway. But yes. Great work from him so far.

He's only 22, a fair bit older would be in the 24/25 range. He's 1/2 years older than some of the guys. The youngest being 20 in Poulin and Legare/21 Hallander and Gruden. The rest are his age or older down there.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Hoping Zoho and Robert kick start each other. Neither has done much this season but had real good chemistry last season.

Not really a fan of Bigras and would like to see Reilly again.

Devane with a deflection goal and no celebration. :laugh: Assists to Almari, who made the point shot, and Gruden, who dug the puck out of the corner.

LHV tie it up on a PP. Hallander flipped the puck over the glass. Bigras with a weak play on the PK.

POJ looking pretty dang good again. Wish they'd play him as RD a few times.

Bart with a bad pinch that lead to a 2 on 1 against. Almari then played the pass horribly and Lindberg had no chance. 2-1 LHV.

Chaput with a PP goal. Hallander with the screen. The LHV goalie was way off his angle.

Zoho with a fluke goal. He shot it and then it was a slow "blooper" that just arced into the net. WBS take the lead 3-2 with 2 seconds left. The announcer originally called Zoho's shot a "rocket". He also called Robert "Fedun" a few times. They look nothing alike.

Puus finds Zoho on the PP for a goal. Puus went down the RW and Zoho was there in the slot. 4-2.

Damn dude, Houde just blazed by everyone while PKing. Was technically a 3 on 1, but more so a breakaway for Houde. Didn't score though.

Legare with some heavy hits on the forecheck. Gets slashed and is in pain but doesn't draw a penalty.

Dunno how Lindberg saved that/anticipated it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad