GDT: Washington @ Montreal 7:00PM EST (CBC HD,RDS HD) #Firetherrien

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I won't watch tonight's game and I don't even mind!

Black_nuggets.gif

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
For the GDT of Canucks @ Canadiens I'm planning to make a presentation and then go over it (me and another person from the forum) and just talk about it (like news report). If you are interested to participate please PM me ASAP. Don't worry if your English isn't 100%, mine isn't either. Lets make this ***** happen ! Waiting for your PM's !!!

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Or our fans can stop being whiny little girls and accept that MB knows what to do more than a bunch of idiots on a message board. And yes I certainly include myself in the idiot definition. There's a reason we post on here and MB and MT run the Habs.

I love when people bring this argument. Most people working in professional sports (or just hockey) are there because of WHO THEY KNOW, not because of WHAT THEY KNOW.

Give me a break. Not because you're a professional that you know everything better than anyone else.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
I actually like Leblanc with Pleks and Gio. It'll give him a chance to play more and show what he can do on both sides of the ice.

Eller's back at center again...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Leblanc also needs to be given some significant time. Next year....it,s with the team or waivers.

Oct 22, 2012
I love when people bring this argument. Most people working in professional sports (or just hockey) are there because of WHO THEY KNOW, not because of WHAT THEY KNOW.

Give me a break. Not because you're a professional that you know everything better than anyone else.

You should probably get somebody to proof read your posts. This doesn't make any sense.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
You should probably get somebody to proof read your posts. This doesn't make any sense.

What he's referring to is that the argument used against him is an appeal to authority.

It's a logical fallacy, and it's pretty much the epitome of an empty comment.

It is, entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.

We all know that GMs make mistakes. Hell, it's par for the course in the NHL.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What he's referring to is that the argument used against him is an appeal to authority.

It's a logical fallacy, and it's pretty much the epitome of an empty comment.

It is, entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.

We all know that GMs make mistakes. Hell, it's par for the course in the NHL.

Though the idea that "Because a professionnal said so" still shouldn't be used in a "shut up" type of argument. Professionnals can be wrong. We are wrong in our professionnal job. We are wrong in our amateurial job as fan. I believe more in giving reasons why we could be wrong that just coming out with "He said so, so it's true" argumentation.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Or our fans can stop being whiny little girls and accept that MB knows what to do more than a bunch of idiots on a message board. And yes I certainly include myself in the idiot definition. There's a reason we post on here and MB and MT run the Habs.

Let's not pretend like MT is some remarkable hockey mind. This guy's coaching decisions are straight-up products of a headcase. Murray with Subban? Cube on the PP despite his 1A in 130PP or so? Emelin on the right despite his constant bad games? Scratching Diaz and Emelin for Murray and Cube? Playing Bourque on the PP over Chuckie and Eller despite his horrid production?

There are reasons why MT is the coach of the Habs. His mind shaprness isn't one of them.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I still think he has a role on the team, although I know I'm probably in the minority in that regard.

Surely. It's not because some of us think he sucks that he actually does suck...it's just an opinion. You don,t think he does, and you,re totally entitled to. My point was just I will never believe that because that guy says so as a reason why I'll just agree with everything. If so...it would make Bergevin always right....and Therrien....and Carbonneau....and Martin....and Gainey....and Milbury....and Houle..;)

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Surely. It's not because some of us think he sucks that he actually does suck...it's just an opinion. You don,t think he does, and you,re totally entitled to. My point was just I will never believe that because that guy says so as a reason why I'll just agree with everything. If so...it would make Bergevin always right....and Therrien....and Carbonneau....and Martin....and Gainey....and Milbury....and Houle..;)

I think we agree on that point (IE: Stop using appeals to authority, they're dumb). Perhaps my wording skewed my message, but that's exactly what I was driving at in my post above.

At this point I'm under the impression that most GMs use the dartboard method of analyzing talent. At least that would explain some moves we've seen in the past.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What's wrong with Leblanc playing with my boy Plek? I kinda like it.

Subban playing with Murray though...no thanks.

I actually like Leblanc with Pleks and Gio. It'll give him a chance to play more and show what he can do on both sides of the ice.

Eller's back at center again...

same here, I also like the idea of Leblanc with Pleks and Gio.

Not saying it's not gonna work....but considering the lack of Therrien's patience towards our rookies, its recipe for benching Leblanc for making a mistake.

Is Therrien planning to put Plekanec's line against Ovechkin (if he play)?
And put Leblanc on that line? Or Eller's gonna take the load....with Briere?

No to mention that the Habs tried to mold Leblanc into a right winger, and Therrien is gonna put him on the left....on our shutdown line, mayby against Ovechkin....

Leblanc played well enough to deserve a shot....put i would've put Briere back with Plek and Gionta (since the've worked very well together in the past) and Leblanc with Eller and Bourque.....

Tonight,It's like putting Leblanc in a spot he won't be able to show what he can do....

Eller back at center is a good thing, Briere back on the wing....not such a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad