Guessing Darth in net.

SpectacularUnimportantHummingbird-max-1mb.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why?

Sheary is one of the very few guys moving the needle 5-on-5.
Sheary on the first line both reduces the first line's impact and his personal impact. He's doing more at 5-on-5 when he's in the bottom six than as the third wheel on Ovie's line. Putting a 5'7" guy as the puck retriever on Ovie's line is a miscast of his abilities, and also puts Sheary against better defenders (that he can no longer create match-up issues against).

I'd much prefer to see Protas or McMichael on the 1st line in his place (both theoretically earn their keep around the net), or Ovie put on Strome's line.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Sheary on the first line both reduces the first line's impact and his personal impact. He's doing more at 5-on-5 when he's in the bottom six than as the third wheel on Ovie's line. Putting a 5'7" guy as the puck retriever on Ovie's line is a miscast of his abilities, and also puts Sheary against better defenders (that he can no longer create match-up issues against).

I'd much prefer to see Protas or McMichael on the 1st line in his place (both theoretically earn their keep around the net), or Ovie put on Strome's line.
This is clearly a move to try and get 8 and 92 going.

Where are you getting the idea from that Sheary is a bad fit with 8 and 92?

This season they've out-scored opponents 3-1 together and out-chanced other teams 12-5 (70.6%) together. That's basically the only combination where 8 or 92 have positive numbers with.

Protas and CMM need to earn their regular spot first before being anointed as the designated slump-buster.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Why?

Sheary is one of the very few guys moving the needle 5-on-5.
Hivemind’s response to this is exactly what i would have said. First like need someone who creates space for the other 2 and can also go into the corners and get the puck.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Also I’m really getting tired of all the Conor McMichael bitching. Nobody is at practice every day looking at him playing.

The junkies asked Lars Eller directly about him today. And basically Lars says you see his potential but he definitely has a way to go in his development.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Im not thrilled by the thought of our rather tiny group of D-men going up against the "Redwood" line with an average height of 6'5 and average weight of 230 lbs.

I thought first line looked okay with Mantha there last game.

Yeah Ovi-Strome-Mantha could actually sustain play in the O-zone for a while.

And im excited to see CMM. Let's see if he can produce any.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
And since im coming at you from GMT+1 timezone im pretty happy that due to working the night shift this will be the first game i watch live all seasons. Puckdrop at 1:05 AM for me. Hope the team can use this as motivation to entertain me...........

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
McMic, S-Knives* and Protoplasm* all in at the same time? The apocalypse is upon us. Kiss your loved ones goodbye.

* Since I can't remember anyone elses nicknames, I am making up my own new ones.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Im not thrilled by the thought of our rather tiny group of D-men going up against the "Redwood" line with an average height of 6'5 and average weight of 230 lbs.

I am. They can skate between their legs and sneak away while the Redwoods comically reach down to try to nab them but are way too slow to do so.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
///
If you are the big tree
We are the small axe
Ready to chop you down

would love to see Orlov deliver some open-ice hits and flip 'em over

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
As a heads up, the Redwoods have been broken up for this game. They weren't all that effective anyway, very leaky defensively, apart from the handful of shifts they've dominated. Sundqvist is out injured, Rasmussen is between Zadina and Kubalik, and Soderblom is with Copp and Erne.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->