Rumor: Washington interested in Motte and Jarnkrok

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Damn, acquiring those two would make the favorites coming out of the east, no?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Motte will really help any team's bottom 6. He is outstanding. I really hope that the Canucks re sign him, or take a run at him as a UFA if he is dealt at the TDL.

Curious what the return is for him if he is dealt, I'd really hope it is for a 2nd.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Motte will really help any team's bottom 6. He is outstanding. I really hope that the Canucks re sign him, or take a run at him as a UFA if he is dealt at the TDL.

Curious what the return is for him if he is dealt, I'd really hope it is for a 2nd.

Motte is fantastic. He was also really really good in the playoffs when Van made a run in the bubble.

Excellent skater, very good forechecker, will contribute goals.

I think he has priced himself out with Vancouver though as he will likely make north of 2mil per season this summer.

He would be a really really low key TDL rental pickup to a contending team.

Reactions: bh53

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Motte would be a good pickup for someone's fourth line. He's not your typical tough guy, he'll hit but doesn't hit you hard. He's aggressive on the forecheck and forces a number of turnovers. Good defensive player and isn't afraid to block shots. Creates some chances with his speed but doesn't have the finishing touch.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Would love to sign him long term in Van if he was willing to take a paycut and have an AAV of something like 1.2-1.5 per year. However, I can see teams finding him extremely valuable and giving him close to 2.5 per season and I wouldnt blame Motte one bit when he takes that contract.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Tyler Motte is the kind of guy you just know will score some absolutely massive clutch playoff goal(s) at some point, for some team.
I would just prefer it were my team (Vancouver), and on a reasonable contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad