OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL hasn’t administered punishment yet. That’s still in play. And considering what they did to Brady over some made up BS Watson isn’t in the clear.
It will be a partial season at best….I bet no more than 6 games. You?

Feels like many were expecting a pretty clear cut criminal case against him early…..that’s failed so far.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It will be a partial season at best….I bet no more than 6 games. You?

Feels like many were expecting a pretty clear cut criminal case against him early…..that’s failed so far.
These days who knows. If the NFL cared about women they’d give him an entire season. Then again Snyder still owns the Skins so 4-8 games?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
These days who knows. If the NFL cared about women they’d give him an entire season. Then again Snyder still owns the Skins so 4-8 games?
Exactly….anyone following the Snyder case shouldn’t be expecting the NFL to be championing women…

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Mayfield played all year with a serious throwing shoulder injury that needed surgery immediately after the season ended. Maybe he shouldn't have been playing, maybe his "toughness" was a detriment to his ability to perform at a high level, but in terms of stats, Mayfields 2020 season was 26 TDs/8 Ints, which is darn close to Wentz 2021 season.

Its all water under the bridge now, but Mayfields teammates and fans LOVE him, and Wentz teammates and fans don't appear to feel the same. We'll see what Schtwaffles fans think of him after the season is over.

I thought it was the non throwing shoulder? Either way. If you’re a detriment to your team, it’s probably better sit out than “tough it” out.

We already have a pretty gritty guy in Heinicke. Love me those all out pylon dives for TDs.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently his reworked deal, he only has a $1 mil base salary the 22 season, so any suspension, he’s protected financially….

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

This one stings.

Any time fans want to get their hopes up over Snyder leaving remember that the Browns just traded for an alleged (not guity in the eyes of the law) serial sexual assaulter.

This sponsorship news sucks but other sponsors have stood by the team without hesitation...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
SI going scorched earth lol….

They groveled at such volume, oozed such desperation, that Watson couldn’t ignore them, even after he’d removed them from his list of finalists. Congratulations to a club that now becomes the fifth-best team in its conference at best. It cost them only their souls.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

What a whiner. Washington told a lot of its free agents it would circle back to them after they figured out the cap situation and to keep them informed if they got offers. JD got an offer, Washington said they’ll match, JD said cool and that was that. The agent got his client the contract he wanted from the team he wanted — if he has an issue with anyone it should be with JD’s agent.

Reactions: Corby78 and max21

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t really get this, the player ultimately picked where we wanted to go. He’s mad because Washington counter offered?
Feels like he’s saying there is an unspoken rule that you back off if someone else has a verbal agreement…..as far as I’m concerned, if they haven’t actually signed, they’re fair game.

Reactions: max21

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Feels like he’s saying there is an unspoken rule that you back off if someone else has a verbal agreement…..as far as I’m concerned, if they haven’t actually signed, they’re fair game.
So he invented the unspoken rule or there actually is/was an unspoken rule that pretty much everyone/most abided by except in this case?

I don’t begrudge McKisson getting the deal he wanted with the team he wanted if you are hoping to sign a deal with the skins you don’t agree on a deal with someone else first. You hedge that bet and everyone knows what you are doing and understand it.

I’m not saying this isn’t technically above board but this isn’t how it is usually done. Players don’t agree a deal with one team and then take that back to another team. You have an offer from another team and then take it back. That is a very different scenario IMO. Thanks

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So he invented the unspoken rule or there actually is/was an unspoken rule that pretty much everyone/most abided by except in this case?

I don’t begrudge McKisson getting the deal he wanted with the team he wanted if you are hoping to sign a deal with the skins you don’t agree on a deal with someone else first. You hedge that bet and everyone knows what you are doing and understand it.

I’m not saying this isn’t technically above board but this isn’t how it is usually done. Players don’t agree a deal with one team and then take that back to another team. You have an offer from another team and then take it back. That is a very different scenario IMO. Thanks
There was a really interesting article about free agency a few years ago that I can no longer find but the gist of it was most guys don’t even know the teams their agents are negotiating with. Their agents will tell them a dollar amount they’re shooting for and then tell the players to sit tight and keep working out and then they’ll call them and say, “you’re going to [insert team here],” because that was the best deal the agent could get them. Some times the agents will tell them they have two or three similar offers from the same teams and they need an answer within the hour before the team moves on.

Makes sense to me that in this case the agent may have told JD, “we got the money we want from Buffalo and I took it,” and then when Washington reached out to counter JD told him if the money’s the same he’d rather just stay.

Guys back out of contracts all the time. Just this year we saw Randy Gregory agree to return to the Cowboys and then bail to the Broncos, Za’Darius Smith agree to terms with the Ravens and then back out, and Deshaun Watson told Cleveland they were out and then they came back with an over-the-top offer.

I don’t doubt that the Buffalo GM feels burned and it probably could have been handled better but that same GM has already and will continue to cut guys he signed to contracts so I don’t feel bad for him.

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad