OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Can’t believe I’m about to defend Wentz, but here I go.

2022 Stats:

Wentz: 27 TDs/7 INTs

Mayfield: 17 TDs/13INTs

Wentz was actually having a decent season before his end of year implosion.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

2022 Stats:

That’s great but if DC is going to take another teams trash I’d rather they take the younger option.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's going to be the Falcons. DW is from GA.

NO are probably being kept around just to drive up the price.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
That’s great but if DC is going to take another teams trash I’d rather they take the younger option.
That seems shortsighted to me. Wentz isn't my favorite anything, but he's a better QB than Mayfield in most situations. Their stat line averages are very similar in most categories except TD:INT ratio (Wentz 140 TD vs 57 INT, Mayfield 96 TD vs 56 INT). Then figure in the current state of the QB market and DC being a place no one wants to be, and I don't think we could have done better than Wentz in the short term.

Cleveland suddenly treating Mayfield as a hot commodity despite recently dogging him in the press makes it pretty clear that landing him will cost, and retaining him if he pans out is also a dodgier proposition. Wentz is easier to keep if it works out and easier to walk away from if it doesn't. Youth doesn't matter much. Mayfield is like 2.3 years younger and I'm not sure we'd 100% be counting on either of these guys to be long term solutions. :dunno:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Robert Woods has become a "prime trade candidate" following the Rams' addition of Allen Robinson.​

Schefter reports the Rams have already begun receiving calls. It makes sense. Matthew Stafford didn't seem to gel with Woods, and the Rams now have a ridiculous amount of resources tied up in their receiver corps, while still wanting to re-sign Odell Beckham. Recovering from a torn ACL, Woods' contract is guaranteed for injury, so he is not a candidate to be released. A trade would be the way to go if the Rams are ready to move on. Schefter reports Woods is expected to be healthy for training camp.

I would like Woods in Washington

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wentz is 29 and Baker turns 27 in a month. Age difference is pretty negligible. Wentz is also bigger, stronger, and more athletic (if you trust the RAS reports) so I’m not sure Baker’s two years of age difference matters much.

Wentz was 9th in NFL QBR last year ahead of guys like Russell Wilson, Joe Burrow, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, and Dak Prescott. Heinicke was 23rd. Mayfield was 27th.

Wentz over Baker any day, for me. Can’t believe I’m defending Carson Wentz. This team, man.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Wentz is 29 and Baker turns 27 in a month. Age difference is pretty negligible. Wentz is also bigger, stronger, and more athletic (if you trust the RAS reports) so I’m not sure Baker’s two years of age difference matters much.

Wentz was 9th in NFL QBR last year ahead of guys like Russell Wilson, Joe Burrow, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, and Dak Prescott. Heinicke was 23rd. Mayfield was 27th.

Wentz over Baker any day, for me. Can’t believe I’m defending Carson Wentz. This team, man.
It’s not about stats and physical “tools”. Jeff George was called the best passer in NFL history from a physical standpoint by some but he was a f***ing head case that no one liked. By all reports Wentz is Jeff George 2.0. No one likes him and that’s why he is on his 3rd team in a year. Why Indy traded him away before Philly could use Indy’s 1st they got for Wentz.

And it sounds like Mayfield is in the same Jeff George category. So, for me, if I have to have another teams trash I’d rather have the younger of the two.

Reactions: kicksavedave

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

2022 Stats:

Mayfield played all year with a serious throwing shoulder injury that needed surgery immediately after the season ended. Maybe he shouldn't have been playing, maybe his "toughness" was a detriment to his ability to perform at a high level, but in terms of stats, Mayfields 2020 season was 26 TDs/8 Ints, which is darn close to Wentz 2021 season.

Its all water under the bridge now, but Mayfields teammates and fans LOVE him, and Wentz teammates and fans don't appear to feel the same. We'll see what Schtwaffles fans think of him after the season is over.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Crazy amount of picks and contract for a guy who may not play this season.

I think it’s safe to say…..he’s playing. He just got more guaranteed money to settle all his grievances.

now….how much can they recoup with Mayfield in a trade?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Shocked it was the Browns. Thought for sure he would go with ATL.

Reactions: max21

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think it’s safe to say…..he’s playing. He just got more guaranteed money to settle all his grievances.

now….how much can they recoup with Mayfield in a trade?
The NFL hasn’t administered punishment yet. That’s still in play. And considering what they did to Brady over some made up BS Watson isn’t in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad