OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Ron is all class.

We are so lucky he came here. The work hes done in building the entire staff, Front Office and even the team op personnel has been amazing. We would have either have 1 person trying to do 4 peoples jobs or positions completely unfilled (like HR .. the skns didnt have an HR).

Reactions: Jags

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Guess we don't have to wonder who the driving force behind this stellar decision was. This franchise has an unbroken record of trash with QBs picked by Lil Danny. Oh, wait - I guess his wife made the pick, because the NFL's stringent discipline means he can't be involved in day-to-day operations.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Guess we don't have to wonder who the driving force behind this stellar decision was. This franchise has an unbroken record of trash with QBs picked by Lil Danny. Oh, wait - I guess his wife made the pick, because the NFL's stringent discipline means he can't be involved in day-to-day operations.

Wouldn’t surprise me if true and this wasn’t Rivera and Co.’s choice of the crap that was left…..but do we know for sure?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
For better or worse Wentz is the guy that will determine Rivera’s outcome here. If he bombs and they’re sitting here in the same position next year with a third straight losing record and still no QB1 heading into year 4 then tough questions will be asked, and rightfully so, since by then this roster and front office will be pretty much entirely Ron’s.

If Wentz by chance fully understands that he either gets his shit together this year or he’s out of chances and next year he’s hoping for a backup gig somewhere and he can recapture some of that 2017 MVP form they might finally be done with the 30-year search for a QB. Since this is Little Danny’s team I fully expect it to be the former but I’ll give myself a little bit of hope for the latter.

Improved QB play + easier schedule would make for some entertaining football this fall.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Sounds to me like Rivera is all up in that….but he’s reminding us all this is a business and things can change quickly.

I’d love them to smokescreen that they are now focused on building around Wentz then still take a top-3 QB in this draft.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Regardless of your thoughts on Baker’s effectiveness as a QB, Cleveland could not have handled this any worse. There’s nothing wrong with them looking to upgrade at the position or doing an honest assessment of his future there behind the scenes since he’s due for an extension but to publicly drag him through the mud this off-season then come crawling back after Watson tells them to pound sand and then getting pissy and saying no when he wants to leave because they treated him like shit is a real bad look, especially for a franchise that was 1-31 in the two years before Baker got there.

Reactions: Corby78

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
He supposedly knew they weren't keeping him and still signed his contract.

Good. The weaker the NFC gets the better Washington looks. Water that conference down so we can get a 2 or 3 seed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad