OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Mayfield was given one of the best O-Lines in the league in Cleveland, one of the best RB tandems
in Chubb and Hunt, and what did he do with it? Not a whole lot. I'll pass.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Whether it’s on coaching or Baker that offense wasn’t anywhere near where it should have been. They had two All-Pros on the line, one great every down back in Chubb and another terrific change of pace back in Hunt, two very good TEs in Hopper and Njoku, and a strong enough WR core. They underachieved for years and OBJ goes off the minute he’s in a different system.

Baker is a heart and soul guy which is why everyone loves him but there’s something not right there when it comes to elevating a football team. He’s also more limited physically. At least with Wentz you have some rare physical attributes that allow him to do things and make throws most other QBs can’t make.
In what way do you think Mayfield is limited physically? He has a very good arm, has at least the mobility Wentz does now, and probably has a quicker release than Wentz.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
I would think Mayfield behind center is a big upgrade over Wentz... of course the cost would factor in but Mayfield would be a potential long term replacement... Wentz seems like he'll be yet another one and done for the Schtwaffles and they'll be looking all over again next year.

I’ll have to pass as someone that has had Baker on their fantasy team the last two years.

Dude is straight up trash and has this douche attitude. I would take Wentz over him and that’s saying something.

This dude had a stacked team at every single skill position and still managed to stink up the joint.

You’re in for a rude awakening if you think Baker is any good.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
In what way do you think Mayfield is limited physically? He has a very good arm, has at least the mobility Wentz does now, and probably has a quicker release than Wentz.
He has an average arm and is on the smaller side. He’s got decent escapability but it’s not good enough to make up for his other deficiencies. Wentz rates better than Baker by nearly every physical measure.

Baker has all the heart you could ever want but he’s not a physical specimen by any means and the rah rah stuff only takes you so far. Wentz has every physical attribute you could want in a QB but doesn’t seem to have the leadership or personality to be “the guy.” As Baker ages his lack of size and relative lack of athleticism will limit his effectiveness so given the choice between the two, Wentz is the easy choice (for me, at least).

Reactions: RedRocking

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
He has an average arm and is on the smaller side. He’s got decent escapability but it’s not good enough to make up for his other deficiencies. Wentz rates better than Baker by nearly every physical measure.

Baker has all the heart you could ever want but he’s not a physical specimen by any means and the rah rah stuff only takes you so far. Wentz has every physical attribute you could want in a QB but doesn’t seem to have the leadership or personality to be “the guy.” As Baker ages his lack of size and relative lack of athleticism will limit his effectiveness so given the choice between the two, Wentz is the easy choice (for me, at least).

Are you sure we’re talking about the same Baker Mayfield? I’m not a fan nor am I saying he’s even a top 15 QB by any means, but I and others would disagree with you on his arm strength.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA

Are you sure we’re talking about the same Baker Mayfield? I’m not a fan nor am I saying he’s even a top 15 QB by any means, but I and others would disagree with you on his arm strength.

Did you watch him play last year? He’s not even a top 25 QB at this point. He was absolutely atrocious.

Why do you think the Browns want to get rid of him?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Did you watch him play last year? He’s not even a top 25 QB at this point. He was absolutely atrocious.

Why do you think the Browns want to get rid of him?
Again, I’m not talking about quality of play, I’m talking about physical tools. Alexbrovechkin said he is limited physically. Outside of height his physical tools are right up there with this iteration of Wentz. Mayfield’s problem is his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad