OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
havent seen any options since that look much better. They needed a financial restructuring of many guys (if not a parting of ways). Retool around the core guys…standard.

Baker Mayfield is going to be available... would cost more, but is a much better QB and has much higher upside than Wentz... what he did in Cleveland should win a Nobel Prize or something.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Baker Mayfield is going to be available... would cost more, but is a much better QB and has much higher upside... what he did in Cleveland should win a Nobel Prize or something.

like I said…..haven‘t seen anything that’s happened since the trade that’s “better”. Cost will certainly be interesting for Baker.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
like I said…..haven‘t seen anything that’s happened since the trade that’s “better”. Cost will certainly be interesting for Baker.

I would think Mayfield behind center is a big upgrade over Wentz... of course the cost would factor in but Mayfield would be a potential long term replacement... Wentz seems like he'll be yet another one and done for the Schtwaffles and they'll be looking all over again next year.

Reactions: ynotcaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I would think Mayfield behind center is a big upgrade over Wentz... of course the cost would factor in but Mayfield would be a potential long term replacement... Wentz seems like he'll be yet another one and done for the Schtwaffles and they'll be looking all over again next year.
If I were betting, I believe Wentz will be here at least 2 years, restructured after next…..they won’t be able to upgrade at QB and will probably not take a QB in the first and will blow it with the eventual guy they pick.

They are the Shitwaffles. They can’t help but screw up the QB position.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
No the Schwtaffles look bad. I get that sometimes plans change but the Wentz thing didn't happen overnight. The FO knew they were in the market to sign/trade for a big salary QB already... Wilson, Rogers, Watson, Wentz... this wasn't some unexpected development.

They probably did intend to retain Matty I at the combine. Then things changed.

Dave youre my boy but you seem extra cranky re anything Skins right now. Players change minds (JD, Gregory) and teams change minds (Cleveland w Mayfield, Skins w Matty I). Are you upset at Scherff for saying he wants to stay here the past couple years publicly but privately turning down above value offers from us?

Its a business.

His agent went scorned high school teenage girl instead of being business about it.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
They probably did intend to retain Matty I at the combine. Then things changed.

Dave youre my boy but you seem extra cranky re anything Skins right now. Players change minds (JD, Gregory) and teams change minds (Cleveland w Mayfield, Skins w Matty I). Are you upset at Scherff for saying he wants to stay here the past couple years publicly but privately turning down above value offers from us?

Its a business.

His agent went scorned high school teenage girl instead of being business about it.

If by "right now" you mean for the last 20 years then yeah, I am cranky LOL

I guess I just really wanted them to be called RedWolves or something HAHA!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mayfield is a tough guy who plays through injuries like Josh Allen, Burrow, Stafford, and TH. Gritty.

But there is something off in his game and I'm not sure yet what it is. It's kind of a Rex Grossman vibe.

Wentz is closer to Jameis Winston in that he's a bit better at being that gunslinger role, if you're going to grab a guy like that.

There might be a reason CLE shifted from being a shitty run offense to a very run-heavy one the last 2 years.

WRT Wentz not dumping the ball off, he didn't really have to in INDY because Taylor took straight handoffs a lot, at least as the season progressed.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why is that? RN Cleveland fans are in tears over Mayfield leaving, while Eagles fans were like "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" to Wentz, and so were the entire Colts coaching staff and FO.
Whether it’s on coaching or Baker that offense wasn’t anywhere near where it should have been. They had two All-Pros on the line, one great every down back in Chubb and another terrific change of pace back in Hunt, two very good TEs in Hopper and Njoku, and a strong enough WR core. They underachieved for years and OBJ goes off the minute he’s in a different system.

Baker is a heart and soul guy which is why everyone loves him but there’s something not right there when it comes to elevating a football team. He’s also more limited physically. At least with Wentz you have some rare physical attributes that allow him to do things and make throws most other QBs can’t make.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Mayfield is a tough guy who plays through injuries like Josh Allen, Burrow, Stafford, and TH. Gritty.

But there is something off in his game and I'm not sure yet what it is. It's kind of a Rex Grossman vibe.

Wentz is closer to Jameis Winston in that he's a bit better at being that gunslinger role, if you're going to grab a guy like that.

There might be a reason CLE shifted from being a shitty run offense to a very run-heavy one the last 2 years.

WRT Wentz not dumping the ball off, he didn't really have to in INDY because Taylor took straight handoffs a lot, at least as the season progressed.
That’s a good way to put it. When they were hot commodities they both got a lot of love from commentators but I had a hard time seeing it. They want to be Brett Favre and there’s no room for it now, the position has evolved

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Baker Mayfield is going to be available... would cost more, but is a much better QB and has much higher upside than Wentz... what he did in Cleveland should win a Nobel Prize or something.

Really torn on Mayfield. He's definitely better than ShitWentz, but sounds like he carries almost as much baggage. And don;t think he'd be a one-year-and-out if it didn't work out, so potential to be a locker room cancer and a cap killer.
And yet, I still kinda' wish we had him to complain about instead of CSW.
Ugh, this ****ing team.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
soooooo reactionary…..and expected. A good team architect would be so far ahead of these moves you would think. Like WTF are Rivera and Company doing?
I rarely -- OK, never -- believe in the SW FO, but I have read multiple times in multiple places that they told all their UFAs to test the market and come back and tell us what they were offered.
Sounds like McK signed immediately, the team found out after, made good on its word, and he came back.
I don't give them any flack for this one.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
these jerseys are not bad tbh

They’re literally just the Arizona State SunDevils black uniforms.

1647469277939.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad