OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What the actual f*** are they doing? Flowers has been very solid and has a modest cap hit. Have to assume these are precursors to other moves otherwise none of the recent moves make any sense.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
What the actual f*** are they doing? Flowers has been very solid and has a modest cap hit. Have to assume these are precursors to other moves otherwise none of the recent moves make any sense.

Wasn’t Flowers 10m a yr?

I *think* they had 6.5m after Wentz. Added 6.9 w Ioaniddis, 11.8m w Collins, and I believe around 10m a Flowers. So now they should have like 35m in space?

While I liked all 3 players (plus Settle and McKissic and Scherff), they weren’t winning with them, so…..

Let’s wait and see how it all rolls

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If it’s tied at the end teams swap field goal attempts starting at the 30. Both teams make it and then they go back to the 35, then the 40, etc… the NFL version of a shootout or PKs.

Kickers are people too.
They're people, but they're not football players.

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Wasn’t Flowers 10m a yr?

I *think* they had 6.5m after Wentz. Added 6.9 w Ioaniddis, 11.8m w Collins, and I believe around 10m a Flowers. So now they should have like 35m in space?

While I liked all 3 players (plus Settle and McKissic and Scherff), they weren’t winning with them, so…..

Let’s wait and see how it all rolls

I kinda like what they are doing. I am vehemently against paying Gs more than 6-8M. The amount of cap allocated to G position last year was so dumb imo.

- Sign Norwell
- Sign an impact MLB (Wagner, Hicks would have been nice)
- Sign a swing tackle to back up Leno/Cosmi
- if possible, sign an impact true FS, McCain moves into the hybrid safety/corner role.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wonder if JD knows something we don’t. Seems very strange to backtrack and go from signing with a Super Bowl contender with a bonafide MVP candidate at QB to re-signing with Dan Snyder’s Commanders, especially with Wentz at QB who is known for not dumping the ball off to his RBs.

Either way, happy to have him back. Hopefully his neck is all cleared. I still want another RB in the draft but this is one less hole to fill.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I kinda like what they are doing. I am vehemently against paying Gs more than 6-8M. The amount of cap allocated to G position last year was so dumb imo.

- Sign Norwell
- Sign an impact MLB (Wagner, Hicks would have been nice)
- Sign a swing tackle to back up Leno/Cosmi
- if possible, sign an impact true FS, McCain moves into the hybrid safety/corner role.
Just extend Flowers then. He’s been arguably our best OL the past few years. Cutting him outright is strange considering they lost BS as well. Either they feel very highly about Charles and Schweitzer or there’s another shoe that’s going to drop.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just extend Flowers then. He’s been arguably our best OL the past few years. Cutting him outright is strange considering they lost BS as well. Either they feel very highly about Charles and Schweitzer or there’s another shoe that’s going to drop.
That’s a tough argument.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Still feel alright about our line, Flowers was great for us but Charles can fill in for him. Kinda hope we can resign Lucas also. Hopefully Cosmi bounces back as well, I trust our Oline coach, can’t think of his name but have read before he is really respected

Reactions: ynotcaps

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

We do need to add a starting G and I think former Panther Norwell is the other shoe. Norwell is an upgrade over Flowers. Even with Norwell coming off his worst season and Flowers off his best.

Flowers played well for us but I view Schweitzer as slightly better to even than Flowers. Flowers is not worth 10M. Hes worth 5-6M like what we are paying Schweitzer.

Reactions: max21

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Browns releasing Austin Hooper ... I like Hooper, not utilized in Cleveland ... TE isnt a huge need but Thomas/Hooper would be nice plus insurance in case one goes down.

Seems like a luxury add and we probably wont do it but I like Hoopers game.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’m all for bashing the Waffles but this sort of thing seems unfortunately common in the NFL

Lying to an agents face about cutting/not cutting a player? I hope that doesn't happen a lot. FO's can get a reputation with agents real fast and not all FO's are incompetent like ours is. We already have a hard time attracting top FA's to sign here, this won't help at all.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Like someone said in those comments .. the combine when they were told he wouldnt be released we had 38M or such in cap space and the wentz thing wasnt a thing yet

Agent looks bad

No the Schwtaffles look bad. I get that sometimes plans change but the Wentz thing didn't happen overnight. The FO knew they were in the market to sign/trade for a big salary QB already... Wilson, Rogers, Watson, Wentz... this wasn't some unexpected development.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No the Schwtaffles look bad. I get that sometimes plans change but the Wentz thing didn't happen overnight. The FO knew they were in the market to sign/trade for a big salary QB already... Wilson, Rogers, Watson, Wentz... this wasn't some unexpected development.
Waffles always look bad….a given.

Agent also looks bad. Nothing in the NFL is guaranteed other than what you’ve negotiated. Seems like they could of worked something out, but burning bridges won’t help either way.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lying to an agents face about cutting/not cutting a player? I hope that doesn't happen a lot. FO's can get a reputation with agents real fast and not all FO's are incompetent like ours is. We already have a hard time attracting top FA's to sign here, this won't help at all.

and that can be a two way street…..what GM wants to negotiate with an agent who might nuke you publicly when things don’t go his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad