Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Juuse Saros

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
1718214985651.jpeg

Ok I stumbled across this today and was amazed. After all those games and our three all time best goalies are all tied with exact same save percentage over their careers. Wow!
Third last column is obviously games played.
So the obvious question comes to mind:
Who’s the best of all time?

Rinne and Saros are the only two that were solely Preds. Rinne had the best defense probably but also has the best GAA.

Who do you vote for?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I started watching Preds more closely (I'm using this term quite loosely as the games weren't as available then as they are now) around the lockout season 12-13 and that was mostly due to Rinne and Weber. So for me that's easily him. Best? I don't know and I don't care. Favorite? Absolutely.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Vokoun was before my time, so I probably don't have the appreciation for him... his stats frankly surprise me, I probably wasn't going to guess off the top of my head that his numbers were that comparable... wait... ok now I'm looking it up... that's his whole NHL totals, not his Preds-only numbers... 383 games with the Preds. Still probably similar GAA and SvPct though.

Assuming we extend Saros, he'll soon slide into the #2 slot anyway. He's going to need to pull off something big if he's ever going to challenge the unanimity of Rinne being picked as #1. I don't think it's going to happen. But who knows. Saros was in the proximity of the Vezina a couple years, if he actually wins it and then gets a Cup, he could take over #1. But that seems to be long odds based on what our lineup looks like today. :dunno:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Vokoun was before my time, so I probably don't have the appreciation for him... his stats frankly surprise me, I probably wasn't going to guess off the top of my head that his numbers were that comparable... wait... ok now I'm looking it up... that's his whole NHL totals, not his Preds-only numbers... 383 games with the Preds. Still probably similar GAA and SvPct though.

Assuming we extend Saros, he'll soon slide into the #2 slot anyway. He's going to need to pull off something big if he's ever going to challenge the unanimity of Rinne being picked as #1. I don't think it's going to happen. But who knows. Saros was in the proximity of the Vezina a couple years, if he actually wins it and then gets a Cup, he could take over #1. But that seems to be long odds based on what our lineup looks like today. :dunno:
I remember when we first got vokoun from Montreal. I thought he was such a bum and didn’t like the move. Boy was I wrong haha
I was so high on fichaud hahaha

Anyways,
Vokoun killed it here with some not very great defense in front of him. At least not the degree of defense rinne had here. I know rinne achieved more, played his whole career here which I love that fact, and he has a statue out front. I voted rinne as well but I mean I think vokoun maybe had better numbers as a pred with lesser defense helping him…

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What people forget is Vokoun was only our full time starter for 3+ years. He had more full seasons as Florida's starter.

Reactions: hido

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I wish we could still see the awesome Night with Anders Lindback post. Who was the original poster of that epic?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I wish we could still see the awesome Night with Anders Lindback post. Who was the original poster of that epic?
Was that the one where they went out on the town and got kinda ... inebriated?

I'm going to say Rinne -- Vokoun -- Saros
Vokoun...geez, if he hadn't gotten the ... I forget what it was, but basically some sort of thrombosis ... I think we could have made some noise in the playoffs that year. 2006 or 2007, it was post lockout, pre fire sale.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Was that the one where they went out on the town and got kinda ... inebriated?

I'm going to say Rinne -- Vokoun -- Saros
Vokoun...geez, if he hadn't gotten the ... I forget what it was, but basically some sort of thrombosis ... I think we could have made some noise in the playoffs that year. 2006 or 2007, it was post lockout, pre fire sale.
Hammered. And I think like a whole bar ended up at Lindback’s condo in maybe the Gulch? It was a hilarious story. The poster took it down out of respect for AL’s privacy.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hammered. And I think like a whole bar ended up at Lindback’s condo in maybe the Gulch? It was a hilarious story. The poster took it down out of respect for AL’s privacy.
Yeah, I DO remember that! I liked Anders. He seemed like a fun guy to be around. Was that on here or was it the old NHL Preds board?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Vokey had the most growth within the Preds system. shelled in his one game as a Hab, toiled as a backup, grew to a great starter who may have made a run if it weren't for the clots. Rinne was the draft steal who was spotted by a scout in a game where he only warmed up, came to North America and showed a ton of talent. Saros was groomed to become the starter ... living with his mentor ... developed to a quality starter.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I wonder if we had of kept Richter from the expansion draft if Vokoun would have never came to be?
But yeah my order for sure is rinne vokoun then saros

In time I think juuse would move up a spot or maybe even to the top but I don’t think I he has that much time left here. I think the next statue out front may be askarov! Woot!

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Went with Vokoun as the odd man out for sentimental reasons. Also, Vokoun played with the likes of Thunder Dan Keczmer, Drake Mindy Mcready Berehowsky, Bill old man Houlder, and Bob Bougner.
This is what I was saying. Vokoun had it much harder. Rinne had guys like Weber, Suter, ekholm, josi and Ellis in front of him. That’s some fantastic defense!

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I wonder if we had of kept Richter from the expansion draft if Vokoun would have never came to be?
But yeah my order for sure is rinne vokoun then saros

In time I think juuse would move up a spot or maybe even to the top but I don’t think I he has that much time left here. I think the next statue out front may be askarov! Woot!
We couldn't keep Richter. He was a pending UFA. Back then when a team lost a UFA they received a compensatory draft pick. That's why we chose him in the expansion draft. No way was he staying here.

Reactions: Dadof5boys

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1