Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] F Victor Olofsson signs with the Golden Knights (1 year, $1.075M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
I assumed he would have to take something like 1x$1 million tops. Pretty surprised he got multiple years, let alone at any dollar figure more than that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean, somebody had to…

8vp4am.jpg

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Really surprised he got another contract. He can score on one timers on the PP, which the NHL has largely adapted to prevent.
I mean he’s got a great release so if they plan on playing him with their top line or Eichel he’s probably gonna put up goals, but he’s not gonna do really anything else. His compete level sucks but they’re not adding him for that I’m guessing. He’s literally gonna be a shooter and that’s pretty much it. I don’t think the AAV will be over 1.5-2M so I think it’ll be fine.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I think he's done. Fine depth move with goal scoring upside, but he just is not an NHL quality player other than the shot.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Low risk move. If he can reignite his chemistry with Jack, it’s a super cheap way to manufacture power-play goals. If his lack of commitment to any sort of contact or puck battle continues, he can enjoy Henderson.
I read hersey instead of Henderson 😂 was gonna say their vets would be all over him but then I realized the mistake

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Low risk move. If he can reignite his chemistry with Jack, it’s a super cheap way to manufacture power-play goals. If his lack of commitment to any sort of contact or puck battle continues, he can enjoy Henderson.
I thought his physical game, for him, actually got better last year. A quick look at hits per 60 min vs. other Sabres puts him just behind Tuch and ahead of Benson, Power, Peterka, Skinner, and Mittlestadt. Not saying much other than there's worse out there.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
The 27 goal healthy scratch haha. Because he's so, so bad at every aspect of hockey other than shooting. Nothing against the guy though, hope he succeeds in Vegas

Reactions: Eye of Ra

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
He'll have a short stretch of games where he shows a little compete along the boards and goes to the net -- and then he wakes up again and goes back to being Victor Olofsson. Maybe a change of scenery and a new coach can get more out of him. But if it doesn't work, no big deal for Vegas. Good depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad