Proposal: VGS-CHI-EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Vegas In: MAF
Vegas Out: Dorofeyev and a 3rd round pick to CHI

EDM In: Lehner
EDM Out: Lavoie to VGS and a 2nd round pick to CHI, Koskinen salary dump

CHI In: Dorofeyev, 3rd round pick from VGS, 2nd round pick from EDM, Koskinen
CHI Out: MAF

VGS gets MAF back and he should finish his career in Vegas to help win their first Cup
EDM gives up a prospect and a pick for an established long term solution to their gaping net…plus Lehner takes on Jim Matheson in the press room.
CHI send MAF to a place that loves him and has a chance to win a cup, and receives a prospect and two picks. Along with taking on the Koskinen contract to make room for Lehner salary.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
This was before MAF was traded immediately following a Vezina win. I know he "didn't know it was going it be posted", but its safe to say he's even more pissed now than when he was just being benched.

full-image.jpg

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This doesn't work. Vegas has no incentive to trade their starter of the future and bring in a replacement for the playoffs who is going to retire at the end of the year. MAF to Vegas may make some sense as they don't have as much of his cap hit to worry about.

For Edmonton to bring in Lehner it should cost more than Lavoie, a pick and Koskinen as well. I think he has a NTC as well and don't see him waiving it to go to Edmonton.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
This was before MAF was traded immediately following a Vezina win. I know he "didn't know it was going it be posted", but its safe to say he's even more pissed now than when he was just being benched.

full-image.jpg

DoOver instead of DeBoer. I guarantee DeBoer wishes he had Flower now. Same as Pitt when they traded him away and kept Murray. This is a HOF goalie and still at the top of his game. He deserves one more Cup. It would be great for hockey to see him do that in Vegas

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Forgetting that Vegas isn't going to trade Lehner to add Fleury, it's missing a large piece going from Edmonton to Vegas. If Vegas is downgrading their goalie position (long term) they are going to need a significant addition, and especially if they are going to fill the hole of a team they might play in the playoffs. I don't even think Edmonton's 1st would be enough

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
the 2nd round pick from edmonton to chicago would have to be a 2023 . can't see vegas doing this because their long term goalie situation would take a hit

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
It's still bizarre to me that Vegas traded for and signed Lehner to an extension as Fleury was playing great. Just makes no sense to me.

Except Fleury wasn't playing great. He was mediocre to downright terrible the year they traded for Lehner and was the biggest reason Gallant got fired. Then Lehner played well in the bubble and got extended. THEN Fleury had the bounceback Vezina season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad